It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Game I Call "Guess the Propaganda"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I thought it'd be fun and insightful to have a thread where we can collectively dismantle and interpret media propaganda. By doing so we can hone our skills and help each other learn how to read the true agenda behind each and every media scandal, story and topic of focus.

"in politics nothing is accidental. If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
Franklin D. Roosevelt - (32 Degree Freemason)

First, consider the above quote and apply it to every news article you see reported in mainstream media.

How does the news in question make you feel?
What would the Establishment reason be for making you feel such a way?
What are the consequences of your feeling this way?
What hidden agenda does this hide?

Here's an example:

NEWS:
Recent BBC news has been consistently focussed on reporting scandals of fraud among already-wealthy, powerful people.

Why are they reporting this? Clearly the frequency of coverage on this particular subject makes it an important to the Establishment. But why?

So...

INTERPRETATION:
How does the news in question make you feel?
Angry at greedy, wealthy opportunists.

What would the Establishment reason be for making you feel such a way?
Because they want me to be angry at greedy, wealthy opportunists.

What are the consequences of your feeling this way?
That I'm going to mistrust the wealthy, 'banker' class/sector.

What hidden agenda does this hide?
Perhaps what the BBC really want is for us to mistrust the current financial sector so that when the Establishment pushes for a new one, to fix the problems of the old one, we'll accept it with open arms. A kind of pre-programming for what's to come.

Now, obviously this is just one possible interpretation and there may be others. What I suggest is that you either post up a significant piece of news or political scandal, or attempt to interpret someone elses, or both. Hopefully it will make for an interesting thread where we can learn how others here process, consider and interpret propaganda.

Who wants to go first?

[edit on 20/2/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
In considering this, I'm surprised I haven't run across any "poison the well" theories about Jews being the ones responsible for this economic mess. I'm sure it's out there, since Jews = bankers in the mind of the bigot, I'm just surprised I haven't seen it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Okay, sadisticwoman. Let's look at that one. Personally I don't feel that the mainstream media does much of a job pushing Jews as the cause of banking problems. But let's assume they do:

NEWS:
The banking elite are headed by people of Jewish background.

INTERPRETATION:
Much like the coverage of the rest of the elite banking class, they want us to mistrust the Jewish people as an ethnic group. Perhaps a new banking system which promotes ethnic equality in positions of power would benefit us all. Such a system can only come about if the banks are under state control and therefore the higher-ups can be chosen by the state using some form of affirmative action. Again, the insinuation is that we need a new system.

Here's one, if anyone wants to have a go:

NEWS:
Dutch politician Geert Wilders is refused entry into the UK on the grounds that a documentary film he made called Fitna incites hatred. This received massive mainstream coverage and lots of people claimed the British government shot themselves in the foot by causing such controversy - thus attracting attention to an embarassing issue. However, with the above Franklin D. Roosevelt quote in mind, we know that this wasn't a 'mistake' as so many claim. There must have been an agenda behind this coverage. Anyone got any ideas?

join