It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting + picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

In August 2003 I had to look after my Uncles house in a village just outside of the town I live in which is in Lincolnshire England. Me and my brothers were in my Uncles paddock one night and saw 2 white round objects moving across the sky. The objects were white like a bolt of lightning, that kind of light. These objects were silent and we watched them move across the sky until we couldn't see them anymore. We didn't know what these objects were. After this sighting we borrowed my dads camera just incase we saw anything else while we were looking after my uncles house. On the last night at my uncles we were outside, it was a clear night with no wind and my brothers were messing about taking pictures and getting the typical Orbs in them which are mostly caused by moisture and dust, later that night there was an intense fog and we think the moisture in the air caused the Orbs in the photos we got. After being outside for a while we saw something coming towards us flashing a bright white light. The object was round, silent and moving slowly and we didn't know what it was so we got a picture of it as it was overhead. As we got the picture of it we noticed another one coming which was identical to the first. As this second object was overhead we noticed a smaller white object travelling with it that wasn't flashing and we took a picture. The way the bigger objects would flash was that the entire object would flash a white light, the light would decrease and go out, then the light would increase and flash and keep doing this. It was only after we saw these objects that we realized how strange they were. We had never seen anything like them, couldn't think of anything they could be either. They were quite low in the sky and they didn't make any noise.
I have been in touch with Timothy Good and he didn't know what the objects are and recommended I get in touch with Nick Pope. I got in touch with Nick who also didn't know what the objects were and said that he wasn't in a position where he could find this out but that I should send the pictures and my UFO sighting report to the Ministry of Defence and also a UFO research organisation BUFORA. I got a letter from the MOD saying they don't investigate all UFO reports, they only see if there was any evidence of a threat, they remain open minded about UFOs and that they would file away my report and pictures. I have got to print off a report form from BUFORA but I have sent them my pictures. I have also sent my pictures and report to MUFON in the U.S and they are looking at my sighting now, they seemed to have trouble finding my report as they said they get about 600 reports a month! I have spoken to an Image analyst from MUFON who suggested that the objects could be electric powered balloons which I think is possible but really unlikely as the village where we saw the objects is a quiet area and the sighting was late at night. The direction the objects were coming from is mainly farmers fields with the nearest house about 1000 feet away.
I have sent the pictures to Ball lightning experts who said the objects aren't Ball lightning because there were no storms that night and the sighting lasted too long. I have put the pictures onto a few UFO forums hoping someone has seen the same objects and would be able to identify them but so far no one has been able to.
I can't think of what these objects are so please could you lot have a look at the picture and post any comments if you think you know what the objects are. The object in the middle of the picture was 1 of the flashing objects, you can see the white light around the object and to the lower left is the small white object. Both objects were moving towards the house in the picture. The picture is a bit dark which I think is because of the camera settings at the time. Autobalance brightens it up if you want to see the objects better.

Thanks

tinypic.com...

Jamie

[Mod Edit: removed all caps in title]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 21/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just incase everyone missed my thread I thought I would try and get it back on the first page so people could see it.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
UFO sighting
+
picture
-
out of focus dust particle
=
ZERO

Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
UFO sighting
+
picture
-
out of focus dust particle
=
ZERO

Thanks for sharing

Give 'em a bit more than that Internos, he is new after all. He's obviously went through all the right chanels to no avail, hence him coming on here and seeking advice. And a guy of your respect on this forum knows only to well that you enjoy giving in-depth opinion's

OP, i have no idea what it is as im not clued up on this sota thing, unlike Internos who is.

Best o 'luck in your search man

IP

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hello internos
As I said, we got Orbs in the pictures taken that night which were probably caused by the moisture in the air, there was an intense fog later that night. We didn't see any of the Orbs which appeared in the pictures but we saw the 2 flashing objects and the small white object. Definitely not dust or Orbs.

Thanks

Jamie

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments IP

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lightning1

I humbly apologize for being rude: welcome to ATS

The round that you see around the shape of the object is the external diffraction ring. Basically, what you caught on camera, was very close to you, but it was so little to get unnoticed by the naked eye: at the same time, it had the ability to refract the light: this is why you can see a series of rings: their technical name is "diffraction rings": try googling "bokeh" and you will see what i mean.
i41.tinypic.com...

But your story is very interesting, way more than the pic, if you ask me.
Sorry again,
Internos

[edit on 20/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You know m8 , you may have a actual pic of a ufo there , no one will tell you its not 100% , but as far as ufo pics go, its on the lower end of accepability, hope it was for you and keep tryin for that good shot.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Pretty sure the pic is a dust mote. But hey ... I wasn't there so what do I know?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I copied and enlarged it and it looks pretty clear compared to most. It looks as cute as a fuzzy button
I suppose it might also be a fuzzy condom.

Too bad we don't have more pics that come in as clearly when enlarged.

I can almost make out the button holes. I'm guessing a cashmere sweater button?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Pretty sure the pic is a dust mote. But hey ... I wasn't there so what do I know?

I'm not familiar with dust motes on camera lenses. Would this also come in as clearly if it were directly on the lens? Any similar pictures of this?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lightning1

Very interesting pic.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Infernos - Thanks. The 2 flashing objects and the small white object that we saw were not close to us, they were above the house in the picture. They are not dust or Orbs. The object in the middle of the picture was flashing a bright white light, you can see the white light around the object. The small object wasn't flashing.

What do you think was so little that we didn't notice it?

Hello Branty, could you say why you think my picture is on the lower end of accepability?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thank you Nightchild.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Jamie I starred and flagged you for an interesting pic and the story. The part about the light getting really bright and then going out, or did it fade and go out and then start bright.

I blew up the picture and hosted it on imageshack. I would have posted it on ATS but ATS will not let me post media. I think, all media on ATS goes to ATS servers only come mid march. :insertTwilightZoneTheme:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hello Stikkin.

The way the 2 flashing objects would flash was the whole object would light up a bright white light and then flash, the light would decrease in brightness and then go out, then it would increase in brightness and flash again and keep doing this in a regular period of time. You can see the white light surrounding the object in the picture.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
To continue on from stikkinikki's presentation on the image, i have a few blown up here that i feel are worthy of a look, and hopefully an opinion.

Here is the original blown up, as shot ---->

Here is a version that has been Enhanced in Photoshop using the Levels command ---->

Here is a version of all colour removed turning it black and white ---->

Like i said above, im not to clued up on this subject however, this object appears to be solid and indeed, emitting light around its edges.

I also S&F this because your story appears to fit right in with the picture. Im a Photographer [ albiet not of the night sky lol ] and openly say that this, to me, does not look like dust on the lense. It appears to solid to be dust........my opinion of course.

Interesting non the less.

By the way, im up in Lancashire

IP

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you IP.

The objects certainly are not Orbs, they are solid objects of some kind which flashed and emitted bright white lights.

I hope Lancashire is more interesting than Lincolnshire!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
When taking pictures of the sky, DO NOT USE FLASH. Unless you want all the stuff near the camera to show up as orbs: insects, raindrops, and small vegetal debris. There's a dozen of orbs in this picture if you boost the contrast to the max.

Some good pictures here:
hamiltonparanormal.com...

[edit on 2009-2-20 by nablator]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why is every "Ufo-picture" either blurry, out of focus, or taken in complete darkness?

Why is every "Ufo-Pitcture" NOT CLEAR AS DAYLIGHT? Why isnt it showing a clear object, a close-up of an object thats really sharp and clear and have lots of details? ... Go figure.

This is just a dust-particle on your lens. Case closed, lock thread and move on.

Ruben Von Deutchman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join