It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I recently began studying more closely the ufo phenomena for myself. After finding junk for a while I began to stumble across more believable things. Though I am new to this type of research and the history leading to current knowledge, I have encountered the same subject repeatedly. It is the topic of something that happened in 1984. However, when I try to research to find out what happened in '84 I only come across references, "this is 1984 all over again", "could this be 1984 again?" etc. I know most of you here know what the comments are refering to, but I don't. Could someone here enlighten me, please, to the events in 1984? Thank You.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Maybe you should read some of the links your google search threw up!
Read G Orwell!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I feel like an idiot posting this thread now... I apologize, I didn't realize the references were to a movie, or a movie produced from a book. That's why I thought there must be something to it, I kind of figured it was something that happened in reality, off the silver screen!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It is reality!

Just that it was written in 1948!!

I take it your quite young?
I suggest you have a read!.....Its kinda enlightening

[edit on 19-2-2009 by zerozero00]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes,instead of the book being an 'ominous warning for the future' , most Western governments are now using it as an instruction manual.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I guess I really do need to take a read on this book. But wasn't it written as sci-fi? And how would governments use it a manual of sorts? If this is the case it seems the author must have known something more.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
I can see how this has been or is being implented on a governmental scale.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Research it!!

He had his sources...........................Research is an amazing thing!

This is one of the most read/researched books in recent history........there is a lot of information out there if you are that interested....

Like I said earlier, I recommend you read it!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
As much as the book 1984 is a big topic ever sinc ei was written, and may very well be so well after our lives are over, there were a few interesting incidents in the UFO field in 1984.

Indian point reactor complex
NICAP UFO chronology
Munich, Germany
Barbados defence on full alert
Space shuttle video of circular object ???

So, yes 1984 was quite a busy year. Maybe your question is in relation to some of these topics here. In particular, the shuttle footage and the reactor incident, or it may just be as others have already stated, the book 1984.

top topics

join