It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul "They are destroying the system."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
In this video he talks about the stimulus bill and the destruction of the dollar. He says that it's going to happen very soon.

At 9:00 he specifically mentions the monetary system.
There are 6 parts to this show.

The videos also feature Peter Schiff.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So the question would be.. if the money has no value and we are dealing with monopoly money here shortly of no value. (not saying it has value now) What will be the standard that will give merit or value to whatever we will be trading down the road. For example if we are to use a new currency will that currency be backed by Gold? Silver? If so wouldn't those items be going through the roof at this time?

With the rich players in the market I can't see how they would not be pouncing on every ounce of gold and or silver they could at this time.

Note I haven't looked at the volumes of sales in gold and silver.. just assuming since I haven't heard about some huge purchase, no one is trying to corner the market at this time.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinflow
What will be the standard that will give merit or value to whatever we will be trading down the road.

I make suggestions of what we might do woven into a story in the book I wrote. It starts in a future that answers those questions and introduces a diary which describes the steps by which we might accomplish a "heaven on earth" scenario...

My book is linked in my sig, and so is the discussion thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hyperinflation means dollars are worthless .......and should you youreslf find them on the street....bascially you would spend them as fast as possible for fear they would not be able to buy what you wanted with them next week cause prices are moving up too fast....this ain't gonna happen........during the WEIMAR republic unions were strong and unemployment was VERY LOW this allowed wage inflation to allow consumers to get there hands on a lot of cash.......this ain't happening...........

the dollar is poised by nearly every analyst to strengthen as the deleveraging process continues........it would take Foreign central banks to sell large quantities of dollars for them to become worthless and the only reason they would do that is if all of a sudden nobody needed oil for cars.......or OPEC nations demanded gold for oil.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinflow
So the question would be.. if the money has no value and we are dealing with monopoly money here shortly of no value. (not saying it has value now) What will be the standard that will give merit or value to whatever we will be trading down the road. For example if we are to use a new currency will that currency be backed by Gold? Silver? If so wouldn't those items be going through the roof at this time?

With the rich players in the market I can't see how they would not be pouncing on every ounce of gold and or silver they could at this time.

Note I haven't looked at the volumes of sales in gold and silver.. just assuming since I haven't heard about some huge purchase, no one is trying to corner the market at this time.

Gold is doing quite well at the moment...by many standards it *is* "going through the roof*:

Article: "Gold Shines Brighter than Ever" :
www.independent.co.uk...

Article: "Gold Demand Surges by One-Third to $100 bn"
www.telegraph.co.uk...

For the more conspiracy-minded, there are increasing rumors that there is an ongoing "dislocation" between the so-called "official" spot price for gold that is quoted in newspapers, etc. and the actual price, which is in reality higher. So, the idea goes, if you want to take ACTUAL PHYSICAL POSESSION of gold you will find yourself paying significantly more than the "quoted price" (with the extra in the form of nebulous "handling fees," "service charges," and whatnot).

Most people who are "buying gold," it turns out, are not taking actual posession of the gold they "buy." They are "buying it" in the form of ETF funds, paper "certificates of deposits," and commodities futures. In other words, more paper and therefore more LIES. If you try to turn in your certifcates and get the gold that supposedly back them, many have reported, you will find yourself facing a lot of hemming and hawing and stuttering/mumbling by the fund manager, or tied up in paperwork, etc. This is because, obviously, there is more paper than there is actual gold backing it...investors are getting ripped off.

I last bough physical gold about 1 week ago. When I went in to do so, the bars I first wanted to buy were not available at any price. The dealer finally sold me a smaller set of bars and told me there was a limit per person per day since demand was so strong. Of course I also paid more than so-called "spot prices" quoted on the net in the form of service charges and so forth (but I did so anyway)> I don't t live in the US but I hear the situation is even worse there. Lots of slick-talking precious metal dealers who will be happy to take your money in exchange for this or that certificate of "ownership," but they will try to make it difficult for you to buy the real thing that you can actually hold in your hand and take home with you.

new topics

top topics

join