It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart's glow-in-the-dark mystery!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ain't this a kick in the butt. Someone may very well be building a dirty bomb, and using Walmart as its source of radioactive materials!

Zindo

Retail giant can't account for 15,800 of its exit signs that contain a potentially dangerous radioactive gas
Feb 15, 2009 04:30 AM

Tyler Hamilton
BUSINESS REPORTER

It began in late 2007 as a routine audit. Retail giant Wal-Mart noticed that some exit signs at the company's stores and warehouses had gone missing.

As the audit spread across Wal-Mart's U.S. operations, the mystery thickened. Stores from Arkansas to Washington began reporting missing signs. They numbered in the hundreds at first, then the thousands. Last month Wal-Mart disclosed that about 15,800 of its exit signs – a stunning 20 per cent of its total inventory – are lost, missing, or otherwise unaccounted for at 4,500 facilities in the United States and Puerto Rico.

Poor housekeeping, certainly, but what's the big deal?

In a word: radiation.

www.thestar.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I thought this was the most random and bizarre story - I don't know what to think of it. Certainly the incidences are just too many to chalk up to coincidence.
But that sure would be taking the long road to gaining WMD's.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Could be a few "McGyver" terrorists with lots of time on their hands! It sure isn't something to ignore seeing that there is a possibility of useing them for that pupose!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think it is probably kids that do it on a dare, not terrorists. THe same kind of kids that steal Stop sings and RR Xing signs.

Exit signs are probably missing with equal proportions from other stores.

The difference is, Wal-mart is somewhat unique in that they own the buildings their stores are in--most other chains rent, so I imagine that it wouldn't be within most other store's authority or even interest to audit their exit signs.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Kids steal them and put them on their walls.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I think it is probably kids that do it on a dare, not terrorists. THe same kind of kids that steal Stop sings and RR Xing signs.

Personally... I doubt your assessment. If it was a matter of having 15,000+ other "vandalized" things at each location...then yeah. But I think this is odd that these specific signs are completely missing.

That does not sound like mere vandalism to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by asmeone2

Personally... I doubt your assessment. If it was a matter of having 15,000+ other "vandalized" things at each location...then yeah. But I think this is odd that these specific signs are completely missing.

That does not sound like mere vandalism to me.

I think it's just an odd item. If they came up with 15000+ bathroom doors that were missing their handles or 15000 +dumpsters that had been spray painted or 15000+ shoping carts that were broken, it would not be a big deal.

This is Wal-mart we're talking about though. It would not surprise me if they shirked on putting them up in the first place.

Or maybe they're getting ready to turn them itno FEMA camps. Cant' tell the sheep where the exits are, now can we?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
WOW! Theirs actually worse lights out thier in public use, worse than mercury filled energy savers? WOW

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Anything to do with WALMART would not surprise me. Supposedly during martial law, WALMART outlets are to be the only stores open. run and staffed by FEMA, to obtain food by turning in your guns.

new topics

top topics

join