It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran holds enough uranium for bomb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth
Israel is a stable, secular and democratic country. Iran is an oppressive theocracy run by clerical elite who consider it their god given right to bring about catastrophic events to influence the coming of the hidden imam. Furthermore they are hell-bent on exporting their revolution. Not only that but when their president threatens to destroy another country, it doesnt take a genius to see that a nuclear armed Iran would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Interesting... but clearly biased.

One could also argue that Israel is a new empire with mandatory military service who views it as their right to take land as they see fit.

As for Iran, one could bring up the fact that they haven't invaded, nor tried to invade a single nation since the ancient days of Persian Empires.

And no, their president didn't threaten to destroy Isreal, that was a mistranslation. We and many other official sources have already dis proven that old quote. What he did say is that he hopes their government will fade away... hardly a threat.

But... I guess it's easier to memorize and repeat the lies isn't it?
Easier than actually checking the validity of the information.

Here's the point though, I don't act on opinions.
I work with facts.

The facts are Israel has been almost at constant war since their foundation, holds an impressive stockpile of nuclear weapons, an impressive list of human rights violations, and refuses to allow the IAEA in to check those stockpiles or other nuclear facilities, in one incident holding IAEA inspectors at gunpoint.

Iran on the other hand has been at peace for the majority of it's recent history, with exception to a student led revolution and defending themselves against Iraq's Saddam Husseins forces who attempted to attack Iran. They do allow IAEA inspectors into their sites to verify that they do not possess nuclear weapons.

You can formulate all the opinions, and believe all the propaganda you like regarding them, I'll continue to work with the facts.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

johnsky thing with Lies is if they keep repeating it over and over they will see it as being true with no fault and think others will also follow this path.

Its funny how people try and claim Iran is after Nukes and how they would Use Nukes in a First strike if they had the capibility when as a Nation they have one of the largest stock piles of chemical/bio weapons which they could have used already or armed a second group with to use.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Iran has enough almost enough uranium to produce one nuclear weapon....
What are they going to do with one nuclear weapon?!
Drop it on Israel? What would be the point? The joint U.S. and Israeli retaliation would destroy them utterly.
For Iran to attack another country with a nuclear weapon would be completely irrational on their part, as it would inevitably lead to their own destruction.
Nor does it make any sense for them to sell it to a "terrorist" to sneak into some country somewhere and detonate it. How could that benefit Iran? They would almost certainly take the blame, and the results would be the same.
The main stream media likes to demonize Iran, but don't let that cloud your common sense. The Iranians are people just like us, who want to live in peace. If they are building a weapon (and I haven't seen or heard of any evidence they actually are) the only logical use for it would be to deter Israel or the U.S. from attacking them out of fear that Iran could somehow retaliate. Of course, this assumes that Iran could actually hide it from a U.S. or Israeli attack. Even then, having one single nuclear warhead would not do them much good.
I think the most logical conclusion to draw is that they are using the Uranium for exactly what they say they are using it for - energy.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by outsider13]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Who cares? If they ever used it they would be reduced to rubble. I don't think they would be so silly, even if they really wanted to nuce Israel.

Why can Israel have 100's of nucs and Iran can not have one? It is the ultimate hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by outsider13

Iran is a peaceful trading nation.

It has no reason to attack another country. Just because it is getting nucs doesn't mean it will attack. It will use it as a more of a defence

Will people stop reacting the western media propaganda.
Iran is a good country. USA has put it on the axis of evil list, because IRAN DUMPED THE DOLLAR

WILL YOU ALL GET IT ALREADY ITS ABOUT OIL AND POWER.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I just love the war mongers, when anything comes along that suit's their cause its up with the propaganda. The UN what a joke, owned and run by the the West and an impotent mouth piece. And then the real diatribe from the US and its suporters, the US the only nation that has used nukes on people and Israel who threatens to use them.

What a pair of Facist nations, then we have peaceful Iran with no nukes and no global ambitions that is made out the be the devil of the plot. We we all know who they are don't we the real devils that is and they don't reside in Iran.

Its quite obvious that those who come here to Ats and who support war and global ambitions are nothing more than a bunch of racist biggots who see themselves are superior to others. The reality is, is that they are nothing more than knuckle dragging morons and ignorant pawns in the big game who get exicited at the though of killing their fellow man.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Very well said magicmushroom. I agree with your sentiments completely.
What really bothers me is the way they are pointing the finger at Iran all of a sudden. Just what exactly are they supposed to have done? If any fingers should be pointed at the moment it should be at Israel. They are the sole cause of unrest in that area.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by universe attracts wisdom
reply to post by outsider13

Iran is a peaceful trading nation.

It has no reason to attack another country. Just because it is getting nucs doesn't mean it will attack. It will use it as a more of a defence

Will people stop reacting the western media propaganda.
Iran is a good country. USA has put it on the axis of evil list, because IRAN DUMPED THE DOLLAR

WILL YOU ALL GET IT ALREADY ITS ABOUT OIL AND POWER.

I have to agree and disagree with this.

You are correct that there is no reason to attack another country.

But there is no proof that they are getting nukes.

And again you are correcct about Iran dropping the Dollar in favour of the euro, just like suddam did before becoming a threat.

having said that, watch this thread disappear as it always does when facts are brought to the table about Iraq and Iran selling oil for euros and not US dollars.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I knew there was no proof, but it's gone to the stage the U.S government have got so sexually frustrated about the nucs, you'd think they would have just went to hell with it and gave them the nucs, so they could go in and blow the # out of Iran.

I have been away for quite awhile. The Iran threat is gettting really really old. For the love of god. They fooled many people into going into Iraq. I'm actually surprised the U.S governemnt are still playing these war games in thinking that people are this stupid.

I'd highly suggest, it's making the U.S government even more incompetetent. and weak.

I'd actually give Iran nucs myself, because I'm soooo tired of these constant whiners going look Iran has nucs. Two years later, what has Iran done. Iran actually is a peaceful country with a democratic government elected by the people.

I think It's time ATS, checks for government agents, disinfo agents, and war mongers the name and shame tag

Whatheory and a few others, have made a show of themselves many times when I was on the thread. They just keep behaving unacceptably and sickingly on spewing war threads.

When you become aware of people like this, you just say right, "If Iran, Peru, or peking duck is bad and they need to be stopped, then you go out and fight it"

You see them shut up right away

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

According to recent reports, Iran must sell oil priced at more than $80 per barrel to keep its budget balanced. Oil now costs about half that amount on the world market.

Already weakened by U.S. and EU sanctions, Iran's economy now stands on the brink of economic collapse....

....Iran must realize it must end its nuclear program to end its economic isolation, and its economic isolation is to the point of being unbearable.

Simply put, we hope to make the cost of doing business with Iran too expensive to continue - just as the danger of a nuclear-armed Iran is too great to ignore.
washingtontimes.com...

I found this article rather disturbing. Iran is about to collapse and they are being accused of having nukes to further their collapse. If they have war imposed on them without any finances to support them then Israel is going to have an easy ride with this one.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

What do you mean?
Like Iraq facing years of sanctions so they had no way of defending themselves against any military force.

Same practice, different country, it seems in order to defeat a country you must first impose sanctions against it.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yep. Seems that way.

Heres the background...

Although all of the current sanctions were imposed after the Iranian Revolution, the United States along with the U.K. had previously followed a British worldwide boycott of Iranian oil in early 1950s.....
....The first U.S. economic sanctions against Iran after the Iranian Revolution were in 1979.

IRA_ Q/N.

There is a huge similarity between the two. The thing is though, why do Iran have sanctions on them since the end of the 70's which still aplly today? That is 30 years of sanctions.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I love Iran.

This would show up the American media, as my word is honest

I don't have any agenda other than telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated

There is a huge similarity between the two. The thing is though, why do Iran have sanctions on them since the end of the 70's which still aplly today? That is 30 years of sanctions.

The sanctions where imposed after the 1979 US embassy take over in Iran.

The US got upset that 444 US diplomats where taken hostage when the students stormed the building.

It wasn't so much the hostage taking that upset the US goverment, it was nest of CIA getting shut down that was in the basement.

There seems to be a double standard that takes place when it involves certain world police.
It is OK to over throw a demecratically elected goverment
It is also OK to shoot down a civillian jumbo jet full of people

it is not OK however to generate electricity or be in control of your own oil supply and sell it for what ever currency you want.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is a very good article to understand some history of the subject.

www.ericmargolis.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have always liked President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speeches and how he calls out the Illuminati when he adresses the United Nations. Like his his last one. He is very dangerous and in my opinion would his nuclear weapon to threaten the United Nations.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Thiaoouba Prophecy]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy
He is very dangerous and in my opinion would his nuclear weapon to threaten the United Nations.

Errr... they don't have a nuclear weapon. Much like Iraq didn't have "weapons of mass destruction". Which was infact the reason why Iraq was invaded... before the Saddam Hussain is a dictator and the we must free the oppressed people of Iraq rasoning, which seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

Do you really want to see your countries tax dollars going towards another Iraq in Iran? Not to mention the dead people part of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Fortunately the World does not consist of the UK/US and Iran can sell its oil to anyone it likes especially people like the Chinese who cannot get enought of the black stuff.

You see the plan was to blacken Iran's name impose sanctions but what the dopes in the West forgot is that Iran has a back door and one that the West does not control. So as that policy has failed it is now down to outright lies and falsehoods in the mistaken belief that the sheeple will swallow it hole and back yet another illegal war.

Iran is not on the brink of collapse how can it be, when you have a commodity that every man and his dog wants you can charge what you like. No the perps are trying everything in their book of how to screw a nation and they are coming up with zilch. Western nations especially the UK/US live on war, fear and greed. But people are slowly becoming more informed and they know all to well that the Iran issue is yet another pack of lies.

But desperate men do desperate things and they will have their war but the only problem is they will get such an ass wupping they won't know what hit them. It would mean the collapse of the US, the annihilation of Israel and an Europe on the back heel. In the aftermath will arise an all powerful Iran with all the other ME countries coallesing under its influence

But the perps know this and they are desperate to try and avoid it because in their World they don't want to be second place but that is whats going to happen if they like it or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yet again the poster has failed to provide any real evidence as to what Iran is or is not doing. We are given bogus information from a Western controlled and paid for entitiy and this is offered as proof. Well sorry its not proof but there is another word for it, well several actually, lies, propaganda, disinformation etc.

Its strange that such alleged facts are provided yet the real protagonist of the show Israel can go about its buisiness, have its nukes, not be party to any site inspections, controls or treaties yet there are those who set about Iran.

One can only speculate as to the purpose of such motives, if we are really concerned about nuclear proliferation then we should be concerned about all who have them and want them. Especially when we have a nation that has used them and one that frequently threatens to use them.

On a parallel during the cold war years we were all brainwashed into thinking those nasty Soviets want to kill us all, yet nothing came to pass. But Israel has threatened to use them yet nothing is said about this and there in no condemnation from the West, I wonder why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join