It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran holds enough uranium for bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This could be the excuse that Israel has been looking for to attack Iran. They have clearly stated that they will not allow Iran to develop nukes and will take action to prevent it. All hell will break lose if that happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Iraq number 2

W.M.DS now the trick wth Iran big blue bombs

Seriously people have some self awareness, of the warmongering and game playing here.

Reason why Iraq was destroyed. 2001 Iraq dumped the dollar and traded in dollars.

Reason why Iran is on the invasion list, It too dumped the dollar, and is invaded for the same lies, as my first point and reason.

If you don't believe, look it up

Anyhow, Just thought I'd but in.
Iran is a peacful democratic country. The Iranian leader is some man I tell ya. Just his actions prove a lot to me. I don't pay attention to U.S leaders. Its all mouth and its lies coming out of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by biomehanika
First of all who gives the right to the US to dictate what sort of weapons another country should have. US spends more on its military than both China and Russia put together and god knows what sort of secret weapons they have developed.

I think you answered your own question there. Like it or not, the U.S. gets to be the ultimate, Cop/Bully/Dictator/Rulemaker/Enforcer in this sort of matter.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good. It will serve as a wonderful deterrent for the zionists and the yanks.

I wonder why USA is not in North Korea....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Man oh man, you people, I swear. Having enough fissile material means nothing unless they can prove that Iran is specifically intending to further enrich it, and then on top of that, relocate it to place they can. And in that very article itself it says:

Well you're well behind the eight ball. IAEA inspectors found undeclared Plutonium at Tehran university in 2004. Perhaps the apeasers on this thread can explain what peaceful use Plutonium has.

See when this debate raged on ATS in 2007 the same bunch of appeasers were arguing that Iran only wanted Uranium for peaceful purposes.

Now the same appeasers have quietly abandoned that lie.

When some of you in this thread accuse others of lying I seem to recall a lot of apologists for Iran previously lying on ATS that Iran only wanted peaceful nuclear power.

None of you can explain why Iran lied to IAEA and did not declare the importing of 5 tonnes of tributyl-phosphate in 1993.

I bet most of you sweet innocent, naive little kiddies don't even know what Tributylphosphate is for ?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I wonder why USA is not in North Korea....

Keep wondering GhostR1der. It never ceases to amaze me that so many clueless people express opinions.

Maybe you and others need to ask yourselves with a degree of self honesty I have not seen any of you display here yet why it is that when North Korea is known to have harvested Plutonium and is known to have test blasted a nuclear weapon that, the so called war-mongering West has not attacked North Korea.

That is the acid test that proves you all wrong. If USA's concerns about Iran were all driven by warmongering then why was North Korea not attacked or invaded.

You apologists for Iran can't answer that... Not with any honesty, because your accusations of warmongering are untrue and it is you apologists who are liars.

Yes GW Bush was a warmongering idiot. Yes there were no WMD in Iraq. I have never defended the war in Iraq. I never supported it. I spoke out against the false claims of WMD in Iraq before that country was invaded and that gives me the right to call you apologists fools.

Now when Barak Obama with no vested interest in defending the foolish invasion of Iraq stands up and tells you that Iran is a real threat the clueless commentators still wont listen.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Now when Barak Obama with no vested interest in defending the foolish invasion of Iraq stands up and tells you that Iran is a real threat the clueless commentators still wont listen.

Obama strongly disagrees with Bush's treatment of Iran and he wants to open diplomatic talks with their leader.

I think everyone remembers when Bush called Iraq, Iran, and North Korea the Axis of Evil. Obama thinks Bush's foreign policy is stupid and hopefully will be able to recover some of the respect this nation has lost.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

the same `undeclared` plutonium that had IAEA seals on the containers then huh

no the IAEA know all about it - it has been stored for 20 years now - enough plutonium , if reprocessed, for 1 weapon

but guess what

iran hasn`t touched it.

www.globalsecurity.org...

as for the fear mongering by the OP;

iran are alloweed to produce low enriched uranium for fuel purposes as , UNLIKE ISRAEL , they have signed the NPT.

israel pointed guns at the IAEA inspectors when they tried to visit dimona.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Tributylphosphate?

simple - its used in aircraft hydraulic fluid

www.chemicalsubstanceschimiques.gc.ca...

5 tons? you need 20 before you can even think about extracting rare metals.

so sy.gunson - what are you implying its used for?

[edit on 20/2/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer
What is the big deal here.

Israel has 200.

The US should give them one.

Go ahead----make my day----use the sombitch!

Israel is a stable, secular and democratic country. Iran is an oppressive theocracy run by clerical elite who consider it their god given right to bring about catastrophic events to influence the coming of the hidden imam. Furthermore they are hell-bent on exporting their revolution. Not only that but when their president threatens to destroy another country, it doesnt take a genius to see that a nuclear armed Iran would be a disaster of epic proportions.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Said Iran, "The Zionists will soon be destroyed!"
Zionist being the Farsi word for 'energy shortage'

Good on them! Oil is bad

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

one small detail is the woman blinded by acid in iran - she rejected compensation and , under the same `repressive laws` demanded an eye for and eye

and the man who attacked will also be blinded with acid.

but they are such a backward country then huh

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Just because it is "only" Uranium HEXAFLUORIDE does not prove it won't be used for a bomb. It can either

A) be further enriched for weapons grade material, or

B) immediately processed at its current low level enrichment for fuel.

The key to this story is that there is enough, when further enriched, to produce weapons grade material. No more material is required to be added - they are at the "halfway" point so to speak. I do admit processing further is more difficult, but they are halfway there. Don't think for one minute they will develop the physics package AFTER they process the fuel. They would develop in parallel to processing, otherwise you loose valuable time.

Remember Little Boy? Look that design up and tell me that couldn't be developed by Iran. Nuclear weapons are easier to build than you might think. The ignorance of the greater population as to how these systems work is what drives their complacency.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

the same `undeclared` plutonium that had IAEA seals on the containers then huh

no the IAEA know all about it - it has been stored for 20 years now - enough plutonium , if reprocessed, for 1 weapon

but guess what

iran hasn`t touched it.

www.globalsecurity.org...

as for the fear mongering by the OP;

iran are alloweed to produce low enriched uranium for fuel purposes as , UNLIKE ISRAEL , they have signed the NPT.

israel pointed guns at the IAEA inspectors when they tried to visit dimona.

North Korea signed the NPT as well. That got us how far?

A young weapons program would better benefit from developing a uranium fueled device rather than a plutonium one. Why? The nuclear material in a Pu device needs to be "assembled" more quickly due to the more active nature of plutonium. This inherently requires a faster assembly method, eg implosion. This is more difficult to accomplish than say a gun device.

So no, the fact Iran has "enough Pu for 1 bomb and hasn't touched it" doesn't mean SQUAT. All it means is that they do not have the technical expertise to develop a system that can take advantage of Pu; not that they are " responsible". That is my analysis.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

one small detail is the woman blinded by acid in iran - she rejected compensation and , under the same `repressive laws` demanded an eye for and eye

Yes, how commendable. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind a wise man once said. This is btw, a government that actually encouraged the Basiji to throw acid at the women who refused to wear the hejab during the inception of the revolution. Care to comment on that?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by theblunttruth]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The OP should make up his mind - either the UN is a toothless tiger which bows to "arab" propaganda (as I have seen him post to that effect) or the UN is a bastion of truth and we must all believe what they say.

Which one is it?

Can't have it both ways....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

no analysis - its your OPINION , which quite amazingly is flawed;

and what of israel - who have openly theatened to kill the US IAEA inspector going to dimona? who have a declared first use policy and a store house of over 200 nuclear weapons? even germany is a target for at least 1 israeli weapon - even in september a government spokesman reported on ynet said ` we will never forgive or forget ` when asked about germany and the nazi`s.

so who is the real threat to world peace .

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

Yes, how commendable. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind a wise man once said. This is btw, a government that actually encouraged the Basiji to throw acid at the women who refused to wear the hejab during the inception of the revolution. Care to comment on that?

the same as the US government paying blackwater to randomly kill and rape any iraqi they feel like and be paid for it.

there has been more rape in iraq in the last 5 years than in the previous 20 - yes even under saddam hussein.

and Mahatma Gandhi was right - but all religions/countries practise there own version of `eye for an eye` - with this woman in iran , or the targetted blackwater killings in iraq.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by ACEMANN

no analysis - its your OPINION , which quite amazingly is flawed;

and what of israel - who have openly theatened to kill the US IAEA inspector going to dimona? who have a declared first use policy and a store house of over 200 nuclear weapons? even germany is a target for at least 1 israeli weapon - even in september a government spokesman reported on ynet said ` we will never forgive or forget ` when asked about germany and the nazi`s.

so who is the real threat to world peace .

Absolute tosh, Israel have had a nuclear arsenal since the 50s and have not used one or even threatened to use one, despite being surrounded by "enemies".

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

the same as the US government paying blackwater to randomly kill and rape any iraqi they feel like and be paid for it.

there has been more rape in iraq in the last 5 years than in the previous 20 - yes even under saddam hussein.

and Mahatma Gandhi was right - but all religions/countries practise there own version of `eye for an eye` - with this woman in iran , or the targetted blackwater killings in iraq.

lol what kind of a reply do you call that? It is propaganda at the best. let me get this straight the US paid a private security firm to go rape Iraqis for the purpose of raping Iraqis? Complete absurdity and in utter desperation of lack of substance to counter-argument. "Hey, hes got me, lets make someting up". Besides which im sure Saddams recording of rapes was second to none huh?

If you want to talk about statistics, how about 1/3 of Iranian 21-30 year olds addicted to heroin, worst road accidents/safety/deaths per person in the world, along with being ranked consistently bottom in the world for religious and social freedoms. Iran has problems of epic proportions yet the government use all of its oil dollars on arming terrorist groups and pursuing the golden weapon.

For someone so eager to vent their opinion, your vehement backing of a government that does everything in its power to quash freedom of speech, just stinks of hypocrisy...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join