It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A curiously present vice pesident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hopefully I am not the only person who has noticed this. Does anyone ever recall an American vice president who's been seen as frequently with the president as Joe Biden has been? I can scarcely remember seeing Reagan/Bush, Bush/Quayle, Clinton/Gore, or Bush/Cheney ever being seen in the same room together outside of State of the Union addresses and the occasional state function, yet Obama/Biden seem to be together constantly. Every time I have seen Obama on TV since the innaguration, Biden has been standing behind and slightly right of Obama. Even when Obama signed his little bill on Tuesday in Denver, there was Biden peeking over his shoulder and smiling smugly.

I can only think of a handfull of reasons for this, some pretty sinister...

1. It's a mental/perceptual manipulation by the White House of, whatever Obama is doing, Biden stands behind him on it.

2. Obama doesn't trust Biden to keep himself out of trouble or keep a guage on his mouth, so he keeps him close by at all times.

3. Biden wields more power than we think he does and is the brains behind Obama's fancy mouthpiece.

4. It makes it easier to move someone up multiple rungs of the ladder of presidential succession at once in the wake of a major incident.

5. The two just really, really enjoy each other's company.

Seriously though, can anyone recall this happening with previous presidents? I was on the belief that with only a handfull of exceptions, they weren't even supposed to be in the same place outside the White House, congress, or the capitol together in case of an attack, making it less likely both would be lost.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I noticed that on Tuesday as well. It does seem odd but then this is ATS, we're supposed to notice things like that. You just never see both together except for now. What if something does happen??? Then we're really scewed.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Odd...

I was going to say the complete opposite.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
I noticed that on Tuesday as well. It does seem odd but then this is ATS, we're supposed to notice things like that. You just never see both together except for now. What if something does happen??? Then we're really scewed.

Know who would be next in line?

Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi

OMG! Now that is almost as bad as my nightmare that McCain would get elected, die, and then President Palin would pick Jeb Bush as her VP...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Do you think it could have anything to do with this new transparency thing they are trying out? I mean look what happened when we left Cheney ALONE in his office-lol...Now that was terrifying...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
In today's media driven world I view it more from a marketing and opinion shaping perspective. The black dude with a white dude by his side = subconscious message that black dude is trustworthy.

Yes, they think we are that malleable. And, no, I don't necessarily think he's untrustworthy.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Biden is a trusted adviser of Obama on the account that he is, well, old and his experience and wisdom are helpful attributes for Obama who has to balance his youth and ideas of the new generation with the experiences of the Baby Boomers. Most of the previous President/VP partnerships weren't seen together often because they shared the same views.

And no, they don't really, really enjoy each other's company. More of a platonic relationship, mister

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darkclaw1256

FYI, I wasn't suggesting they were homosexuals with that last comment. Though I can see how it was read that way.

To be frank, I have always believed that the Cheney/Bush relationship was much more of an experienced advisor role, yet the two scarcely were seen together.

BTW, President Pelosi...
(I could continue indefinitely on this) I'd rather have Bristol Palin as president, let alone her mother, Sarah. Seriously, Pelosi scares the hell out of me. That woman is very dangerous.

new topics

top topics

join