It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sky anomalies and blue lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I love ufo watching, and this past summer I had a great opportunity to do so on an island in western Ontario. My girlfriend and I were laying on the dock watching shooting stars and whatnot. When all of a sudden 3 Flashes of light (about half the radius of a "normal" full moon) "burst" in the sky. If we were to blink twice we would have missed them. (to me the lights were blue and yellow.. to my GF they were red and blue)

Naturally, my Gf gets creeped out so we stand up, I didnt want to go inside quite yet so I stood still and stared upwards. Then we heard something walking in the water. I figured it was an animal so I wasnt worried. but when I turned around my GF was halfway back to the cabin hahaha... anyways...

So about 20 min later were laying in bed when a blue light "fades" in from outside. I say "wtf is that" and my Gf says "proboably a streetlight"...."were in the middle of the forest einstein...." (wasnt her brightest moment) just as i get up to look out the window the blue light fades away. I look outside, but seeing nothing is there I go back to sleep.

The next day I go outside to test my GF's "lamp-post" theory. Of corse there is no lamp post... (to give her some credit she was half asleep)

Ive seen alot of strange things in my 20 years on this planet... Im not looking for the classic "Anyone know what this could possibly be?!?!?!".... This was just one of my stories to give to you for all the ones youve told me.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iconoclaust

I've been in pretty much the exact same situation. On a deck, on an island, in Western Ontario (French River Area). Myself and 2 friends saw a meteor rip into the sky. It was so bright that it left an afterimage across the sky, the same night there was also some beautiful "Northern Lights".

The "Northern Lights" are usually greenish purple but I'm assuming they could be a whole host of different colours depending on the conditions.

My guess for you.... Meteors and Northern Lights.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Although beautiful to see, Im pretty sure northern lights don't shine down onto the ground for over a min and make your window glow blue lol

and Im sorry for not explaining the flashes of light better. they were all in the same area and very doubtfully meteorites.

Im no astronomer but Im pretty sure meteorites move. thease were just 3 quick circular flashes of light, no "tails" or what have you. just very quickly.... pewpewpew (cheezy lazer sound FX works best to describe it)

also, they did not illuminate past their described radius. meteorites Ive seen light up the sky.

Thank you for the reply pedros!

join