It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Rat caught in China - Photo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That is quite a big rat in the picture. I think they grow that big in China because of that heavy dose of communistic garbage that trickles down from the top. By the time it gets to the sewers, all that s**t that the GOC pulls, it is pretty much a flood. but then again, our Government isn't much different. The USG cals it something else. That's the only difference. But then again, I'm sure the rats in NYC and D.C. are probably at least as big.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
yep i saw a rat as large as the one in the photo cross the street of the village i live in 11 oclock at night about 8 years ago. i thought the thing was a raccoon at first and then i saw the tail dragging on the ground. i hate rats and that gave me the creeping geebies. i went out and bought landmines and a .50 cal to fight off intruders that size.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

That looks like the muskrats' we have on ranches here and there in Northern California and they do get that big "very" often. We usually get these traps that look like the old fashion bear traps (only smaller) because they normally will attack anything that comes near their den. Unfortunately we have to shoot them in the end, they are just WAY to aggressive and prone to attack anything.
If that one just sat there and wasn't trying to attack anyone it is sick or may have been someones pet.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The caught master splinter!!! just look down the sewer and im sure theres some turtles in ooze

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
In the 1950s my father used to work as security on Liverpool docks. He once told me how there was a giant rat that the dockers jokingly named "King Rat" because it was truly massive. It actually killed another security guards Jack Russell dog!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You might not believe it, but twice, in the area which I live, folks have seen Rats this large. A family member of mine saw one crossing the street in the middle of the night once, many years ago, and at first she actually thought that it was a Cat. She could not believe for the life of her however that it was a Rat, it was so large.

Another time I saw a friend of mind chasing a Rat with a Box Cutter over at a nearby McDonald's lol, he was only playing around, but the Rat was HUGE. He described it as the size of a Cat as well.

I have no idea how on Earth Rats become so large, but I find it a little disconcerting regardless. On the other hand, my Cat would have pieced one of those suckers up real nice

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
In the 1950s my father used to work as security on Liverpool docks. He once told me how there was a giant rat that the dockers jokingly named "King Rat" because it was truly massive. It actually killed another security guards Jack Russell dog!

Are you kidding me!? I have a JRT as well, and I cannot imagine anything of similar size, other than a Bobcat, possibly even standing a chance against her. Did that Guard by any chance purposely pitch his Jack against the Rat? If the Rat was cornered, and the JRT was confined, and not allowed to quickly maneuver (which is one of their specialities), a Rat could possibly hurt one with its Claws.

The reason I am astonished is because my Uncle had a Farm bred Jack Russell, and that thing came home one day carrying a Dead Raccoon twice its own size. If you know Raccoons, you know how dangerous they are (Razor Sharp Claws, and a Mean Bite).

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
probably a rat mixed with a skunk or cat

probably a hybrid of some sort. Chinese have a history of eating rats and cats, so why not, make a perfect meal?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Are you kidding me!? I have a JRT as well, and I cannot imagine anything of similar size, other than a Bobcat, possibly even standing a chance against her. Did that Guard by any chance purposely pitch his Jack against the Rat? If the Rat was cornered, and the JRT was confined, and not allowed to quickly maneuver (which is one of their specialities), a Rat could possibly hurt one with its Claws.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I'm not kidding. They used to say it was a similar shape to the bulldog in the sylvester cartoons, being all chest and jaws. It used to live in the warehouses where I suppose it fed on anything that was stored there. The security guards Jacko chased after it one night, then he heard a high pitched scream and barking and by the time he reached his dog it had had its ribs pulled out. Another story I remember being told is how it could seemingly run up the wall into vents that were about twenty foot up the wall.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by distortion9
Pffffffffffft, that's nothing...you should see how we grow em in NYC subways.

haha i was just going to say the same thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
thats the biggest rat I've ever seen. just imagine if they grew that big in the united states

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is real.

I have seen them in Indonesia....I am surprised this one was caught, they are usually extremely fast and aggressive.

Also very scary because they are so disease ridden that you would definetly get an infection if it were to scratch you.

Pretty much the size of a cat. Cat's dont dare mess with them.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think rats get a bad rap. I work with them almost daily. A very mild manner animal when compared to similar rodents like hamsters, guinea pigs, and mice. I think they would make a great pet. But they just have been branded a bad stereotype.

I tend to make the argument that next to humans the rat is the most successful mammal on the planet. Every where that humans go, the rats follow.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why doesnt people read the thread? It is *not* a rat!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
probably a rat mixed with a skunk or cat

probably a hybrid of some sort. Chinese have a history of eating rats and cats, so why not, make a perfect meal?

A hybrid like that is impossible.

and you shouldn't eat them Because they carry desieses, and you are very likley to get extremly ill from eating one. even if it is cooked properly.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Holy crap, batman!

This THREAD is a wonderful piece of people not reading past a few posts in and then posting.

It is a really big rodent, but not a rat.

A little past halfway down page one...or so.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

Agreed. It certainly looks like a nutria to me. Not a normal rat. We have this park not too far from here where they live in the little river that goes through it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
that thing is disgusting.

it would HAVE to from a rat that made love to a bear

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lovelyn

The logistics of that are mind baffling. I mean, is alcohol involved, and for who?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join