It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever See the Moon during the Day? Impossible.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

not to mention the chuffing obvious question :

if there are 2 suns - wh is the second never directly observed ?

the person you replied is really not fit to be left unattended ,

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Weird coincidence time. I'd just finished reading this thread and the very next link I clicked was to overheard in new york, where this convo was recorded: (link www.overheardinnewyork.com... )

Little kid: Hey, mom, look! You can see the moon!
Ghetto mom: Shut up! You can't see no moon when the sun out. Sit down 'fore I bust yo little ass!
Little kid: But I can see the moon!
Nice older lady to kid: You're right, honey. You can see the moon when the sun is out. The moon is bright because of the sun.
Kid to mom: See, I told you I could see the moon?
Ghetto mom: That bitch lyin'!

--A Train

Seems that some people just won't accept the evidence of their own eyes. I know I was pretty surprised the first time I noticed the Moon out in the daytime but then I was only 4!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phushion

Does it orbit on a wobble like our earth spins on an axis which 'wobbles'?

It's sorta got me thinking abit now...

The moon is the object that causes our "wobble" this is because the centre point of our orbit around the sun is a point in space between the moon and the earth known as the bathycentre. Earth and moon are locked in a whirling dance like an adult and a child holding hands and spinning round. Because of the difference in mass the rotational centre is closer to the earth rather than centred.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anyone that has witnessed an eclipse has seen the sun and the moon at the same time. Not quite sure what you are getting at OP.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesyleps

You mean barycenter. The Earth-Moon barycenter is actually located inside the earth (about 1,710 km beneath the surface) but that is not the cause of Earth's wobble on its axis. Venus has no moon yet has a wobbly axis.

Earth's wobble is caused by gyroscopic precession and would occur even if we did not have a moon. If anything, the presence of the Moon stabilizes the wobble a bit.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thats a good ting because the moon is moving further away every year

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by cheesyleps

You mean barycenter. The Earth-Moon barycenter is actually located inside the earth (about 1,710 km beneath the surface) but that is not the cause of Earth's wobble on its axis. Venus has no moon yet has a wobbly axis.

Earth's wobble is caused by gyroscopic precession and would occur even if we did not have a moon. If anything, the presence of the Moon stabilizes the wobble a bit.

You're right, thanks for the clarification.

It's been a long time since I studied tides for my marine navigation exams. I guess I don't remember the theory quite as accurately as I thought. I will endeavour to check information before posting in future.

What I don't get is people's complete misunderstanding of this thread. The OP is not suggesting that you will never have seen the moon in the day. What he is suggesting is that astronomically this should be impossible and therefore his conclusion is that the image of the moon is a holographic projection being used as a weapon. Telling him you have seen it doesn't disprove his theory. Only the astronomy does.

[edit on 12/4/10 by cheesyleps]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Its funny I find this thread tonight, while filming chemtrails over south jersey, for most of the early day and afternoon I could see the moon.

It didnt even seem out of place at first, but after afew hours, I did start to wonder why it was still visible....

Then the next day the sun looked like this...

Thats what it looked like to the naked eye for about 2-3 hours on Friday.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
At this time of the year as I go home from my 3rd shift job, I get to see the most beautiful sunrises, along with a moon at the same time! It is so awesome to see, the other morning there were purple hues that were sooo deep colored, with the orange and pink of the sunrise just below it, the moon was hanging just above the purple, I wish I had been able to snap a pic!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
Holy crap are you all thick or what?

The OP's posting has nothing to do with the Moon and everything to do with mechanical mind control. But you all keep beating the dead horse on the head...and SiONiX tried to bring this to your attention but I suppose your attention span is pretty short then?!

Is it that you do not believe in mind control, or are too lazy or too ignorant (kept docile through mind control?
) to go and search the plethora of documents relating to this field over the past 100 years or so.

Yes, that's right, "they" have been at it for at least a 100 years, having electronic implant devices (crude but still notable) back in the 20s and 30s even. There's quite a few interesting writings on the topic from all over the world and a whole slew of patents (most likely twice as many, counting classified ones we don't even know about).

Or maybe you all think that what you can't see can't hurt you, right?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by amigo]

Seriously.

5 pages and what...
5 people ? actually took from this thread what is clearly the important part?

we've all seen the moon during the day
are we really that simple, that we have to go "making sure" we have,
and having to prove it?

Read the IMPORTANT info.

deny what?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

ROFLMAO! thats funny. Someone actually thought the moon had been blown up. Sounds kinda like the email i got that was a mars hoax. A friend of mine sent it to me and she was excited cause it said that Mars would be as big as the moon in the night sky. LOL. I said god i hope not cause we are all dead! She said really? Yeah really cause it means mars has shifted its orbit and will most likely crash into us. Say yer prayers and eat all the cake you want right now lol.

In edit i would add that to the poster above me, i think everyone is beating the dead horse because it is what the OP chose to make as the thread title. If you want to be taken seriously and read then make the thread title make sense and not stupid.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by fizzy1]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Again, it's not that you CAN'T see the moon during the day. Congratulations to those who can see through my ncoherant writing and get that. It IS that you shouldn't be able to. That is based upon information that the moon is pulled by the gravity of the earth while having no rotation of it's own. I have even seen this written in Jehovah Witness literature and other places. Astronomy says it orbits the earth. Yet, I have heard that the Earth is the one revolving in orbit, not the moon. By that standard, the Earth may revolve so that the moon may be seen by all places on it throughout the day, but, being locked in place and dragged by Earth's gravity, the moon should not be able to orbit between the sun and the moon. Bad astronomy, perhaps. But, I was just going off of what I had learned from educational channels and literature. It's not that you can't see the eclipse or the moon during the day, just that, according to the Earth dragging the non revolving moon theory, it should be IMPOSSIBLE. I hope this clears up the confusion. I don't mind if the theory is wrong, but, attack the bad science as several posters have had the good sense to do. But, it seems undisputed that the earth drags the moon through it's orbit, not to be confused with the moon dragging tidal waves on Earth.

I think of it like this. I put two fingers (one from each hand) onto a table and move them in a circle, never changing their positions and make this circle of fingers travel around an ashtray (the Sun). Halfway during the orbit the moon finger will be between the ashtray and the Earth finger which is the lefthand finger (with the moon being the righthand finger). But on the other half of the trip the moon finger is on the outside, placing the Earth finger between the moonfinger and the ashtray Sun. This is how one gets an eclipse and how it could be seen during the day by the revolving Earth. But, it should only be visible on the sun side of the Earth halfway through the orbit and the return orbit around the ashtray Sun. The other half of the trip and return trip the moon is on the other side of the Earth (in terms of finger locations
) By that logic, it should not be viewable during the day. If that is true, then roll in psychotronics which could be a culprit for the event. That's it, just revolve two stationary fingers around an imaginary center and you see my point. The Earth drags the moon, but the moon does not rotate around the earth, the seeming change in position is an illusion of position. Does that help clear things up?

Earth's gravity "drags" the moon to rotate on its axis
www.howstuffworks.com...

•The Earth drags the Moon through orbit causing the Earth’s rotation to continually slow.
www.factsmonk.com...

This animation shows the moon revolving around the earth astro.unl.edu... which is where our confusion comes in. does the moon rotate around the Earth. No. By showing the moon in a ring around the Earth, it seems to orbit the Earth. It would be wiser to show the Earth rotating the Sun and the Moon being dragged in relation to this orbit. So, the whole matter seems to stem from this. Does the Earth drag the moon or does the moon orbit the Earth regardles of where the Earth is in relation to the Sun?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join