It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever See the Moon during the Day? Impossible.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
So if this isn't the Moon it must be a giant alien mothership

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Moon is frequently seen during daytime, and in addition to the fact that the Moon shows the same face to us here on Earth, I read recently that Mercury too shows us the same face as it orbits the Sun.
Too much of a coincidence, both showing us the same face, and both a similar size, and both similar in appearance, to me they look like Sister Ships having the same Construction. Also, Mercury being known as the 'Messenger of the Gods' is it possible that these two are 'locked' in order to facilitate Communication?

Just a thought,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Moon stuff aside, this is an interesting tidbit:

Originally posted by PhyberDragon
I have first hand knowledge of an Array in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans that 24/ 7 sends pulsed frequencies in the 40-65 Hz. range bombarding the Continents in a blanket of repetitive sound. It's called the SOSUS (Sound Operating System of the US?)

Wikipedia mentions SOSUS:
en.wikipedia.org...

SOSUS, an acronym for SOund SUrveillance System, was a chain of underwater listening posts located across the northern Atlantic Ocean near Greenland, Iceland and the United Kingdom...

The SOSUS components are now being used for various scientific projects, such as tracking the vocalizations of whales and other ocean mammals in various study projects, as a data network for undersea instrumentation packages, and for acoustic thermometry.

Perhaps a new thread on the subject? Any more first-hand information you have (since the project was declassified in 1991) would be intriguing to read!

cool!
cooler than OP's thread.

make an original thread on it.
i'll add to it.

-

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I've also have seen the moon during all hours of the day
reply to post by SLAYER69

Holy crap !half a ufo

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I've also have seen the moon during all hours of the day
Here's a good pic

Oh look, it's Venus!

Seriously though, the statement of the Moon being impossible to see during the day, is as smart as the old statement that Bumblebees is incapable of flying.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

"I see it during to day, no big deal.

I also see the sun during the day. "

I too have seen the moon plenty of times during the day.
Though if we start seeing the sun at night then I'll worry.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It might be useful to think of the Sun as a large light bulb, and the moon as a large mirror. There are situations where we can't see the light bulb, but we can see the light from the bulb reflected in the mirror. This is the situation when the moon is out at night. We can't see the Sun directly because the earth is blocking our view of it, but we can see its light reflected from the moon. However, there are also situations where we can see both the light bulb and the mirror, and this is what is happening when we see the moon during the day. You can explore this for yourself with a light and a hand mirror. Depending on which way you face (away from the light or sideways to the light) you can see either just the mirror, or both the light and the mirror.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Ahhhhh yes science.

Funis Duo

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Somehow all of you don't seem to get it (with 2-3 expections), I'll explain for you what he meant:

The OP begins his post by quoting certain different types of non-lethal weapons. Among type 3, there supposedly are holographic devices, that can project things like UFOs, the grim reaper or even the moon.

Then he argues that it is physically impossible to see the moon during day. But because he sees it, and many else too, those weapons must exist and active.

Answering to such an OP with statements like "But, I see it, here's a picture!" is as ignorant as the OPs (incorrect) arguments.

Bravo to the eclipse argument and a link to the moon phases, all other posts are void.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Seriously though, the statement of the Moon being impossible to see during the day, is as smart as the old statement that Bumblebees is incapable of flying.

Bumblebees don't fly. They levitate!

Greetings

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

"Bumblebees don't fly. They levitate!"

Shhhhh, some even transform.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
...100 times if not more

Its normal here

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
During a solar eclipse, the moon is in a position directly between the Earth and the sun. Not only can they be visible at the same time, they can share the same apparent location in the sky. Please read up on your basic astronomy before making misinformed posts, it will save you some embarrassment.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

of course it does, you see it too, when it approaches, encroaches, eclipses and recedes from the face of the sun in a solar eclipse

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
you people make me laugh with your `i know comments´´ telling people that they are malinformed or they need a dose of reality. as if you actually know something!!!!

you are as bad and as lost as them. the fact is, if such a thing as fact exists, is that nobody knows a damn thing unless they really are in a priviliged position above the billions of people on earth.

to think that you actually know something is to delude yourself and to live the illusion.

we are clueless and exist without reason whilst we know nothing. get your head out your arses and think, but not in logic because that will send you in circles. logic may seem reasonable and natural. it is the enemy that blinds you, us and me!

there is a reason a question that comes with an answer can always be followed by the question WHY? it's an infinitive loop that actually never reveals the absolute root of the answer unless you can come give an answer that is impossible to counter with WHY?(without the root how can you really be sure of anything that is whilst the question remains WHY? you cannot partially satisfy a question and claim to know for sure) and so you give up knowing it's impossible (or seems so) and settle with theories or the best logical choice that fits, and then convince yourselfs that you actually know something with the cheek at lauging at someone elses ideas.

if you should ever find such an answer that cannot be followed by WHY? then you have found the ultimate answer to ALL that ever is and ever was.

good luck.

and now comes the comments of the proud, slaves to their second enemy, the senses. you cannot except that you are completely clueless! so throw your comments and ideas at me, and i will counter them all with WHY! to everything you say, and i tell you there will be only one winner. he who asks the question WHY?

whilst i dont have that ultimate answer to why? there is such a question that exist, it is such a question that the answer is infinitive and can never be countered with the question WHY?

I have discovered the question, if your mind is open enough away from logic and your senses that are manipulated to fool your mind, you will find it also.

good luck

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The sun does have an orbital spin, well not within our galaxy... but its been recently discovered that the whole universe revolves around a central point.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OMG where did the moon go . . . . . . . .oh never mind a cloud was blocking it, am good now.

On a serious note though due to the moons distance form us and it's relative position to the earth it seems as though you can see it all ove the world no mater what time of day it is, except of course when it is in it's new moon phase where the far side gets the light of the sun. My question is, is there any place on earth where you can't see the moon from? Just a thought and probably a dumb one, but didn't get much sleep last night and my thought process is going down hill as it gets later into the afternoon/night.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

hi - there is no point on earth that you can NEVER see the moon , conversley there is now where that you can ALWAYS see the moon

3 factors govern wether the moon is visible @ a given time / date

1 - the moons orbit around the arth [ a 28 day orbit ]
2 - the axial tilt of the earth
3 - the rotation of the earth

thus - on certain dates in the antarctic / arctic the moon is either always visible or never visible of days at a time

also - on certain dates and at certain positions - the moon is not visible for days at a time

edit : to add

i SUSPECT that at the equator - the moon will be visbile at some point every 24 hours

but the further north or south - the longer the periods it is not seen

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

1. Mercury actually DOESN'T always face the sun. It was thought to for a long time, (until 1965) but now we know better. It does turn very slowly; It's day is nearly as long as it's year.

2. All sorts of moons and other bodies are tidally locked to the things they're orbiting. Pluto is tidally locked to Charon, and vice versa. Many of the moons of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are tidally locked to their planets.

In fact, only Mercury and Venus don't have moons tidally locked to them, and that's probably because they don't actually have any moons.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyway, it should be impossible to see the FULL moon during the day, but it's quite common to see the moon during the day when it's not full.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I dunno, SLAYER, I think you did something in PhotoChop to a perfectly clear sky, to make it appear that the moon was out during the day. Next thing, you'll show me a sunset sky you colored up and tell me THAT'S natural, too.
Damn! You just can't trust photos anymore!

[edit on 20-2-2009 by desert]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join