It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe there is NO TIME but just a mere REALITY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Maybe our race just invented time in order to communicate ourselves.
To communicate the realitities of our past, to create a reference line of our realities. Past and present.
Think about it. As odd as it may sound, taking away our habit that there is time. The so called fourth dimension, are you certain that it is there?
A chance that its only a perceptual thing? A chance that we are only viewing mathematics with the additional perspective of time?

This may just be a bogus thread or not.
I do not know. Even i feel its is hard to follow the concept i describe above.
But ask me to prove time? I cannot. No i am not a dummie. When i take away my perception of series of events what i see is an altering reality that is always at present.

So maybe time travel is not possible.
Speed of light? No. Just another ingredient of reality.
You can not change the speed of light.
You may create it, or even make it stumble on a surface giving away color.
But can you change its so called speed? which is related to time? NO!

Do not take me wrong. I am no weirdo. I am just having a look of things from a completely different angle right here. Exploring possibilities to use for our next reality.
I do not mean to cancel our perspective with this exercise, but rather expand it.

I could give more examples like the previous but i guess once you get grasp of it may become a perpetual game.

& Please avoid being to negative about this thread. I would preffer it just died away.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Arrrggh, someone "famous" talked about this......for the life of me I can't remember........I'll keep looking at this flag, to see if anyone comes up with the person that announced this theory, (not with time travel)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i am glad for your post and i really hope you remember or get us the bibliography.
( i should point out this concept just occured to me and its not a copy of anothers idea-a repetition ? yes, albeit a genuine one.)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What an absolutely fascinating concept!!!
You are right TIME is nothing more than a word and degrees in a circle we give to things-we do always live in the here and now, but need to make it to Dr.s appointments, work, etc on TIME. It is just a way to track at what TIME the earth rotates, egs. sunrise-sunset, and the moon goes around the earth. We classify these things with a clock that MAN CREATED to be on TIME, What if time ceased to exist?? Would we? No, I don't think so-I do think it is just a concept and word we have given ourselves to put things into a "timeline" so to speak of everchanging reality or realities...what is time used for? I mean really? Only to keep track of when we are to be at a certain point in our reality...Good thinking on this one!! S&F

Edit to add Time is a concept of our reality!!! Time use to be measured on our astronimical cycles-it is just a calculation of math.....

[edit on 19-2-2009 by rockhndr]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You're not that far off from the truth.

Look up the "Dr. Quantum" series on youtube, specifically "visualizing the tenth dimension". The video does a very good job of illustrating how our conception of "time" comes from viewing the fourth dimension from a 3-dimensional perspective.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This morning I woke up about 4am and trouble getting back to sleep - while I was lying in bed I thought about time. It ocurred to me that perhaps our universe exists entirely in one unchanging state (like a video file on a computer).

The beginning and end of the movie exist simultaneously and require an observer with a distinct point of reference to discern between the two. In the movie file there is audio, video, scenes, invididual frames organized by a time code, etc. It's all there all at once - it's not viewable in it's entirety, but only from a single point -- the Now. And there can be more than one Now - parallel realities existing within the one.

From outside the universe, you can't see what's happening, it's just the video file...or a single dot. Within the dot exists the universe, from beginning to end.

We're stuck within the dot, on a single point on a timeline, forced to follow the Now -- and we've lost the remote.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
same concept as the video I pointed out, by raising one level you can view the entirety of the "file".

Think of the processor as a 3-dimensional being that can only view and process 1 bit of information at a time, and you as a 4-dimensional being that is able to view the entire contents of the file simultaneously, such as when you try to open a movie with an extension your browser doesn't recognize and it appears as a series of symbols.

you can only view a cross-section (1 point) of the level above you, but once that level is reached you can view large spans of it simultaneously.
edit: The Ms. Pac-Man example is the one I am specifically thinking of.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
It occurred to me that perhaps our universe exists entirely in one unchanging state (like a video file on a computer).

The beginning and end of the movie exist simultaneously and require an observer with a distinct point of reference to discern between the two.

I'm not sure about the observer theory... what happens if 'god' blinks? I also have a problem with your 'video file' model as it cancels free will from the equation which really negates the need for life, experience and reality. It kind of makes it all pointless.

IRM

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Time = change relative to change.

new topics

top topics

join