It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santelli Sreaming for Sanity and ACTION!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

sure, why not, every working taxpayer in american family gets $20,000 to do with whatever they like, (with a strong emphasis to homeowners that they use it to pay on their mortgage...)
why not? heck, why not make it $50,000, $100,000??? their past spending has sent out the clear cut message that there is no substance really behind all this money, heck, it's not costing them much of anything to just type a couple keys into a computer somewhere, and gee, it just magically appears!! gee....was the wizard of oz really just a financial banker, and whoops!! we've done pulled the curtain on him?

the whole economy seems to have gone into the twilight zone, but it really irks me to no end that I think that the same danged lady was on cnbc having a fit when the first stimulas bill was rejected by congress, but, now is on there whining and complaining about how she might have to pay for those "irresponsible" homeowners' mortgages....
what, you think that I wanted any of my money going to pay for luxury vacations for the wall street gerus? or their million dollar bonuses?
and I was serious....if all these homes were to go into foreclosure, get tied up in a legal mess while they try to find the real owners....ummm.....
you sure there's enough rental property out there to shelter all of them...
if there isn't can we kick out some of those hud recipients who haven't worked one day in the last ten or so years and at least shelter our workers? or are you gonna insist on waiting to help them until they reach your idea of the needy, namely, nonproductive, disabled, and totally dependant on taxpayer money?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

WH lashes out at CNBC's Santelli
By JOSH GERSTEIN

The White House is lashing out publicly and personally at a CNBC reporter whose attack on President Barack Obama’s anti-foreclosure plan caught fire on the Internet on Thursday.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs jumped at the chance to go after the CNBC journalist, Rick Santelli, when a question about his bracing critique was asked at Friday’s news briefing.

“I’ve watched Mr. Santelli on cable the past 24 hours or so. I’m not entirely sure where Mr. Santelli lives or in what house he lives but the American people are struggling every day to meet their mortgages, stay in their jobs, pay their bills, send their kids to school,” Gibbs said. “I think we left a few months ago the adage that if it was good for a derivatives trader that it was good for Main Street. I think the verdict is in on that,” the press secretary said, poking directly at the cable journalist, who reports from the trading floor at the Chicago Board of Trade.
See Also

Gibbs insisted Santelli was misinformed when he said Obama’s program would amount to a transfer of money from prudent taxpayers to those who had taken reckless risks.

“Mr. Santelli has argued, I think quite wrongly, that this plan won’t help everyone,” Gibbs said. “This plan helps people who have been playing by the rules. ... I would encouraged him to read the president’s plan. ... I’d be more than happy to have him come here to read it. I’d be happy to buy him a cup of coffee — decaf,” the press secretary said, in a not-so-subtle jab at Santelli’s frantic style.

Gibbs brandished a copy of a fact sheet about Obama’s plan. “Download it, hit print, and begin to read it,” he said. In an unusually personal and direct attack on a specific journalist, Gibbs used Santelli’s name at least five times.

www.politico.com...

I really don't like the way this administration handles things,

creepy

[edit on 022828p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Very, very, very creepy. I can not believe that such a large amount of inteligent American's (Obama voters / sheeple) do not see through this Administration. This whole situation is a complete travesty to our nation. I have never been a conspiracy theorist; but I just can't get this horrible feeling out of my gut that we are in for some very bad things.......

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The President dosn't even know whats in that blob of cr$p!! Its to late for them to calm the storm anyway. United States Citizens are mad as hell and I believe we are close to calling the Feds bluff. Call your reps. be professional but firm. Can somone look at the Constatution and see if this is even withen the power of the Fed? The people have the power to stop this if we would stand up and say NO, and show that we mean what we say.
What would these bozos do if we all stayed home for a week?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Glenn Beck on Fox is even carring this video.

This was in his newsletter and he will talk about on his show in 20 minutes.

www.glennbeck.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I agree with giving money to all tax payers. Regular folks will spend it back into the system.

May be this is the crisis alluded to soon after Obama took office. The PTB knew people would finally get outraged when the plans were unveiled.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

Originally posted by Helmkat
Yet when asked if he would go to Washington to fix it he said

"No".

If he won't put his big mouth where his money is then he is no better then the rest.

End of story.

We could all go to Washington to try and solve this problem, but we'd get a grin from the people with power and be pushed to the side. There's no way to fix the system as it exists today. Santelli would do his best, I'm sure, but we already have Ron Paul in the House and while he has offered solution after solution to this disaster, he's been smiled at and shoved aside.

As I said, there's no way to fix the system as it exists today. Some European nations will collapse, with us following quickly behind them. As of this writing, the CNBC Poll states as follows:

233,008 Participants

94% = Yes
4.7% = No
1.5% - Not Sure

I must humbly disagree on some points.

Any person of power in an elected position can be removed from power. What has happened here is the result of public apathy -"I can't make a difference."- well those chickens have come home to rooste. The gears of the American political system could be wiped clean in a very short time-if we simply chose to do so-. Our forefathers would be ashamed of how poorly -all of us- have treated their creation.

Now the economic issues are an entirely different issue and one I'm not afraid to say is to complex for me to understand fully. However much of it is driven by greed and fear and I can only hope we can overcome those terrible failings of our nature.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

WH lashes out at CNBC's Santelli
By JOSH GERSTEIN

The White House is lashing out publicly and personally at a CNBC reporter whose attack on President Barack Obama’s anti-foreclosure plan caught fire on the Internet on Thursday.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs jumped at the chance to go after the CNBC journalist, Rick Santelli, when a question about his bracing critique was asked at Friday’s news briefing.

“I’ve watched Mr. Santelli on cable the past 24 hours or so. I’m not entirely sure where Mr. Santelli lives or in what house he lives but the American people are struggling every day to meet their mortgages, stay in their jobs, pay their bills, send their kids to school,” Gibbs said. “I think we left a few months ago the adage that if it was good for a derivatives trader that it was good for Main Street. I think the verdict is in on that,” the press secretary said, poking directly at the cable journalist, who reports from the trading floor at the Chicago Board of Trade.
See Also

Gibbs insisted Santelli was misinformed when he said Obama’s program would amount to a transfer of money from prudent taxpayers to those who had taken reckless risks.

“Mr. Santelli has argued, I think quite wrongly, that this plan won’t help everyone,” Gibbs said. “This plan helps people who have been playing by the rules. ... I would encouraged him to read the president’s plan. ... I’d be more than happy to have him come here to read it. I’d be happy to buy him a cup of coffee — decaf,” the press secretary said, in a not-so-subtle jab at Santelli’s frantic style.

Gibbs brandished a copy of a fact sheet about Obama’s plan. “Download it, hit print, and begin to read it,” he said. In an unusually personal and direct attack on a specific journalist, Gibbs used Santelli’s name at least five times.

www.politico.com...

I really don't like the way this administration handles things,

creepy
[edit on 022828p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

I literally laughed while reading the quote you posted. Thanks for that, I needed it. Robert Gibbs is an unenlightened halfwit undeserving of any media time whatsoever, and yet when they do give him camera time, he has the flagrant audacity to suggest that Santelli read the stimulus bill, when we all know very well that Gibbs hasn't read the thing either. Congress hasn't read it. They've been briefed on certain paragraphs in it that they are to quote when asked about the Bill, but to have Gibbs insult someone that actually does know what he's talking about wreaks of desperation and it's all too easy to see.

Robert Gibbs had better remain in Washington. If the two of them were to meet up, Gibbs would get his @$$ handed to him.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I must humbly disagree on some points.

Any person of power in an elected position can be removed from power. What has happened here is the result of public apathy -"I can't make a difference."- well those chickens have come home to rooste. The gears of the American political system could be wiped clean in a very short time-if we simply chose to do so-. Our forefathers would be ashamed of how poorly -all of us- have treated their creation.

Now the economic issues are an entirely different issue and one I'm not afraid to say is to complex for me to understand fully. However much of it is driven by greed and fear and I can only hope we can overcome those terrible failings of our nature.

And I'll give you that. I've been a part of grassroots campaigning here in Washington State to oust both Senators Cantwell and Murray, to no avail. The far left liberals in Snohomish, Pierce, and King Counties are too many. We've been outgunned every single time. Does that mean I give up? Certainly not. But I've been disappointed enough times to know that while we continue to press for change here in my State, the majority simply want to spend their way out of debt and never want to be bothered with the details. I've been proactive. I've done my patriotic duty by being engaged in the system. I read as much of the legislation as I can (though it's gotten so cryptic these days that it's nearly impossible to do without all of the US Code there in front of you - it's certainly not in plain English). I agree with you that most are willfully ignorant of what's going on and don't want to get involved. Schools don't teach students (at least around here) about getting involved in the legislative process. My mom works at a high school and when visiting one day I asked one of the teachers about our State Constitution and I got a deer in the headlights look. When I asked them if they were aware we had one, they said yes, but that they'd never read it. This coming from a teacher. The entire system is completely corrupted by business interests that only want kids to learn enough to do the work, not to be smart enough to figure out how they are being screwed over by the system (thanks to George Carlin for enlightening me). I'm not apathetic. I do everything I can to engage the process and talk to my Senators and Representatives on both the State and Federal Level. I'll agree with you that I'm the exception rather than the rule though.

Santelli has it right, in that we need to bring the people together and let the people in Congress and the White House know that we're not going to let the wool be pulled over our eyes any longer. If we can't come about meaningful change through the processes created by our Founding Fathers, then it's time we discuss coming about meaningful change by emulating the actions our Founding Fathers took. If that means a Chicago Tea Party, so be it. If that means reviving the "Sons of Liberty" once again, so be it. But one thing is certain. The Founding Fathers knew this day would come. They knew the system would decay from within due to greed and corruption from big business interests that aren't interested at all in what the People want. That's why they wrote in the Declaration of Independence, "that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the right of the People to alter or Abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." Of course, what I'm simply suggesting here is that we actually revert to following the Constitution we have rather than trying to write a new one.

Bailing out a failing auto industry is Unconstitutional. Bailing out mortgage holders (whether they be home or business) is Unconstitutional. Bailing out banks that made extremely poor decisions based on greed (notice not a single Credit Union is asking for money) is Unconstitutional. All of this is Unconstitutional. I'm simply asking that We the People embrace our Constitution and the words written in it by our Founding Fathers. Santelli knows that, and we all know that. The Government we have now, is not one our Founding Fathers would support.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
From Denninger:

Let's be clear here: There is no way out of this box, and the corruption and fraud have permeated every corner of our financial, media and governmental systems.

But there IS a way out, and, through an engaging story, I have outlined it in my book.

The book may come across as science fiction initially, but the map to a better world is within the framework of the story.

Link is in my sig.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I thought that most people on ATS knew that THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX IS A GIGANTIC FRAUD SCAM PERPETRATED ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE BY RUTHLESS INTERNATIONAL BANKSTERS OF THE IMF AND FEDERAL RESERVE !

This thread FAILS for helping to spread misinformation.

PEOPLE IN AMERICA AND THE WORLD NEED TO WATCH THE MOVIE / DOCUMENTARY : AMERICA FREEDOM TO FACISM

BY AARON RUSSO

Don't pay any federal income tax. there is no law to force you to do so.
Not one cent of the income tax goes to the government. All the income tax money goes to the pockets of international bankers !

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Well.....be prepared to be taxed on your mileage........that is the Obama way. Can we tax him on the miles he puts on AF one?

I am applying for disability so I can live free too.........

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is the first I've opined on this particular issue. Santelli has long been my favorite "on air persona" at CNBS. He's one of the smarter guys on there, and he's in Chicago, not New York so he's farther removed from the epicenters of this mess in NY and DC. Santelli covers the bond market, from the pitts. I remember when I first started watching CNBC and he was the guy that talked about things I didn't understand (bonds, debt etc).

I'm kinda surprised he evoked a reaction from the White House. I saw the pres Secretary remarks and was rather revolted. The press Secretary implied Santelli didn't understand this situation, and I had to laugh. As I said Santelli is one of the smartest guys on CNBC, and the arguments between him an Liesman are probably one of the few reasons to still watch CNBC (Rick is also one of the main reasons I still watch it).

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Actually, it's a good sign that the White House is attacking Rick Santelli.
It PROVES that they are scared. I think they realize that we're one step away from total anarchy in this country, and it is the government that is pushing us there.
oN THE DOWN SIDE, I wouldn't be surprised to see a WH attempt to put pressure on the networks to keep the rhetoric down.
They had to be wetting their pants when they saw Rick's clip, and when they saw that over 160,000 people had taken the poll concerning Rick's "tea Party" and 93% OF AMERICANS SAID THAT THEY WOULD JOIN THE TEA PARTY.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I followed the link to the poll... but found no poll anywhere on the page.. can anyone help me with my confusion?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I watched Bill Maher tonight and his closing monologue, was pretty good about what we should do with some of the people responsible for this mess.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

ProfEmeritus, I agree with you there. I think the people in Washington saw the numbers grow extremely fast in support of the Chicago Tea Party. The last numbers I saw were:

233,008 Participating

94% = Yes
4.7% = No
1.5% = Not Sure

They have since taken the Poll down, as I'm sure it proved too embarrassing for the administration and to the brain-dead Robert Gibbs trying to mouth off to Santelli for having the flagrant audacity to actually speak the truth and voice that truth on the MSM. CNBC has replaced the poll with a public comments page which is heavily restricted to 16 pre-approved comments out of those 233,008 of us that show we care about this. CNBC has clearly rolled over for this pathetic administration drone, Robert Gibbs!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

It really is quite sad to see this Administration attack the messenger for not liking the message being put out by the White House. It reeks of a lack of understanding early in this Administration. "They" know better than "us", were just not smart enough to realize it. Talk about Elitism.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The following website includes organization information for all three tea partys. www.reteaparty.com. You can also sign up for e-mail up-dates on organization efforts. See you in Chicago.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Ok, so we are all apparently nuts.

This guy is calling for action...

Ron Paul says we should just do nothing and let everyone go bankrupt..

Which is it? Do nothing or take action? What _IS_ the best thing to do?

From what I have seen, the more convinced you are that you have the right answer, the more chance you have of being completely wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join