It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Host calls for revolution (tea party), mocks Obama plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
This whole thing is absurd.
Of course those &*%$% lickers on Wall Street are against this. Why did they even shoot the spot from there? For dramatic effect?
Hell, they already GOT their money, why would they want any to go to main street?

"Maybe we should all stop paying our mortgages, it is a moral hazzard?" Hey smartass, it is easy to say that after YOUR sector got billions upon billions.
It is just like the "stimulus" package that we just got that will give me an extra 13 bucks a week.

And no, I don't think that homeowners should be bailed out. The system should do what it will on its own. It is the best hope we have. Although at this point, I'm afraid that the bottom will be ZERO!

And what is up with the whole idea of using THIS opportunity to pit Americans against one another vs. pitting them against the people that started this? Did anyone else notice that. From that link that StormDancer posted about the Chicago Tea Party poll. Read the comments section. People are foaming at the mouth over the irresponsibility of their fellow citizens!
Just another way to divide us instead of letting us be united against the real villian - the international banking cartels.

United We Stand - Divided We Fall.
WAKE UP, PEOPLE! BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

No offense but you don't know what you're talking about. Those floor traders aren't rich. Not at all. Rick wasn't speaking on Wall Street's behalf. If anything he was speaking for those of us that will have to foot the bill for paying for this thing.

Some people think this is great, but you have to think like an economist. This won't help. If anything this was more about trying to inflate confidence. Listen to what economists and monetarists say about this stimulus. They nearly universally say it will barely have any impact and may hurt the economy long term.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't you get it? Obamanation bin Kenya is not 'starting' to bend, he is one of 'them'. The 'change' he talks about made me laugh when I first heard it. Standard line/lie of politicians for centuries. And it still works.
The recent crash of the Dow was only about 6 trillion, and the coming collapse of the derivatives scam, and credit default scam, equals about 691 trillion, if I recall exactly. The question is, did that 691t ever work it's way down into our economy and cost-of-living? If it was already absorbed, we are in for a big dose of deflation. If not, massive inflation. Makes all the difference in the world.
The ONE thing our Illegal-In-Chief could do that would shut me up, and support him, is if he did abolish the Fed. And nationalizing the banks may not be so bad, because they are counterfeiting trillions, and the govt is supposed to be the only ones to 'create' money. But if he tries, he will add some pretty powerful people to the list of his wanna-be assassins. I wouldn't bet on him even before that.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I agree, but all I can say is life sucks. Someone started this mess, and no one's blaming you.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

It's called the Penn, or Balassa-Samuelson effect. It's well studied in economics. It's definitely an issue. In the ideal world (the world where resources are distributed most equably), however, people should realize they've hit a dead end, adapt (emmigrate, learn a new language, go back to school, etc.) and move on. What actually happens is people feel like they've been cheated, they become stubborn and arrogant, and don't do a thing about it. They then burden the rest of society by begging the Fed to provide them with all the amenities of a first world nation, all the while having not contributed to the degree they should have as a first world citizen. If our country must be this way, if geopolitical favoritism is really necessary, then I suggest Obama really start investing in our school systems so people don't fall behind. If people are that incompetent that we need to expunge the Treasury for purposes of reinvesting in American infrastructure, then so be it. But bailouts aren't going to solve anything.

Outsourcing is a marvel of modern business. It's primary function is to increase efficiency by consolidating and centralizing core functions, thereby improving the quality of its products for the clients that can afford them. If such a strategy works at the expense of easily replaceable, labor-intensive jobs then so be it. It's the moral thing to do. In the ideal world, all those GM/Ford union workers would move somewhere poorer and live within their means. They think they deserve the good life. I'm sorry, that's just not the best way to manage the world's resources. More people overall, globally, in the big-picture world, will go hungry if you wanted to organize the world in such a nation-centric way. That's exactly how Ancient Greece collapsed. The people thought that just because they were citizens they could exact a toll on government whenever they were doing poorly, that they could force government to march to war to secure resources, that they were the inheritors of the Earth's wealth. That kind of bigotry is exactly what lead to their downfall, as all the states within the numerous Greek leagues collapsed the Empire from within. They all had their greedy hands on the Treasury. They were constantly seeking bailouts.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Oh no, I understand. I am actually discouraged by the entire thing.

The point I was trying to make, but didn't find the words for I guess, was that THIS is being turned into an issue rather than the OTHER things they have done that were not.
I mean, the housing plan is a drop in the bucket compared to what they have already spent since this crisis began to unfold.
Yet I didn't hear a peep out of the MSM calling for a revolution when we raised our debt ceiling by a cool 2 TRILLION dollars.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say we need to continue spending! I don't want my grandchildren's children to be paying for my neighbor's mortgage either, but I'm afraid that is going to happen whether we like it or not.
They should have let the markets fix themselves from the beginning. Now we are propping things up with so much debt that EVEN IF we DON'T go down (which I believe we will) the bill we be being footed for many generations to come. This is economic slavery and I don't agree with any of it...

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join