It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to start Emergency Camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was looking at this bill that was introduced in late Jan./09, the one to establish the emergency camps, here is some of the text of the bill:

Mr. HASTINGS of Florida introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and in addition to the Committee on Armed Services, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL

To direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish national emergency centers on military installations.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘National Emergency Centers Establishment Act’.

SEC. 2. ESTABLISHMENT OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY CENTERS.

(a) In General- In accordance with the requirements of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall establish not fewer than 6 national emergency centers on military installations.

(b) Purpose of National Emergency Centers- The purpose of a national emergency center shall be to use existing infrastructure--

(1) to provide temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster;

(2) to provide centralized locations for the purposes of training and ensuring the coordination of Federal, State, and local first responders;

(3) to provide centralized locations to improve the coordination of preparedness, response, and recovery efforts of government, private, and not-for-profit entities and faith-based organizations; and

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.
www.govtrack.us...

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Why does it have to be on military bases? That creeps me out. Just like the roach motel, yuo can check in, but can't check out: X

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dang dang dang. I just deleted ALL my threads! I hope I'm not the only person who ever did that. Does anyone remember that thread that a guy here in Okla. started the guy who owned the tattoo parlor, who came under investigation by OSBI? I know the agents name was Ed, can't remember the last name but it's in that thread but now I lost the thread. Same guy I'm thinking.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I also couldn't help but notice a government official, employee of FEMA? made a rebuttal to ATS 4-5 years back. REminder folks, every word you write here is being read by big brother.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"to provide centralized locations to improve the coordination of preparedness, response, and recovery efforts of government, private, and not-for-profit entities and faith-based organizations"

What's got the US government to do with the actions of private/non profit/faith organizations?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I liked this one:

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Yeah it's the OTHER that scares me. Especially after the way I saw how they reacted to the victims of Katrina. I think they thought hey that's less we'll have to worry about in 3 or 4 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Dang dang dang. I just deleted ALL my threads! I hope I'm not the only person who ever did that. Does anyone remember that thread that a guy here in Okla. started the guy who owned the tattoo parlor, who came under investigation by OSBI?

This thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

That is the thread, thanks!

top topics

join