It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COMET LULIN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

COMET LULIN

UPDATE: Last week, observers saw little of Comet Lulin because it was lost in the glare of the passing Moon. The glare is subsiding now and Lulin is back--better than ever. Observers say it is visible to the naked-eye (magnitude +5.6) as a faint gassy patch in the constellation Virgo before dawn. Backyard telescopes reveal a full-fledged comet, vivid green, that moves as you watch it. On Feb 17th, Joe Gafford of Deer Trail, Colorado, caught a solar wind gust tearing away part of Comet Lulin's tail:

The view will improve in the nights ahead. Comet Lulin is approaching Earth for a 38-million-mile close encounter on Feb. 24th. At that time, the comet could shine two or three times brighter than it does now, and photographers will record it using cameras alone--no telescope required. Browse the gallery for a hint of things to come:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Link To Story

[edit on 2/25/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
that is the full story.

here are the photo graphs tooken already: www.spaceweather.com...

by feb 24th it will be the brightest.

To sum it up. A comet is visible in the night sky from now till feb 24th.

and on feb 24th it will be the brightest it can get.

Just saying if you love space things then you could try and look for this in the night sky.

it's visible to the naked eye.

Also if people start reporting a ufo you will know why and what it really is.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for sharing that!

Do you know if this comet is supposed to be as bright as Hale-Bopp was? I remember seeing that comet back when I was in like sixth grade--simply spectacular! I'm definitely going to be getting up early now!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wonderful! Apparently this is the only time we will ever see it because it is believed it will gain enough momentum after going around the sun to escape our solar system. Bye Bye Lulin! Nice to have met ya! LOL \

Edit for spelling

[edit on 19-2-2009 by kokoro]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

this might be your last chance to suicide and hitch a ride out or our solar system otherwise when you die your soul goes to the moon before it gets reinserted into earth

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
****REPOST**** sorry

[edit on 24-2-2009 by J_DiRT]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
repost????

no I don't know if it's going to be as bright as that. I am not sure.

For me I couldn't see the comet cause over here it was cloudy kinda hazy cloudy nights.

too bad for me

Well hope someone saw this.

new topics

top topics

join