It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most monumental UFO event in recent times?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Right,anyone who truly followed up on that Discovery Channel special would find out that they simply bought the BS explainations that were being fed to them and did no serious research into the matter.Beyond the flares looking nothing like the lights,there was no smoke trails(which the flares leave),perfect uniformity in distances,the lights were able to stay motionless for extended periods,then move as an entire unit simultaniously...Not to mention about a dozen witnesses who saw this thing directly overhead at only a few hundred feet above ground ,and said it was one,enormous,solid craft,with distinguishable edges and structure.

Facefirst-The Belgium sightings were right there with Phoenix for me,an absolutely tremendous event.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Never mind that the worlds best aerial flares can only stay aloft for short periods... Not hours.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacitblue
Never mind that the worlds best aerial flares can only stay aloft for short periods... Not hours.

I remember that special. One thing that stuck in my mind was they ahd a visual expert look at the brightness of the lights. IIRC, he concluded they were too bright to have been flares.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
That video is amazing. Assuming they weren't individual objects, that is one huge effing craft!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The object reported at Phoenix was reported to be over 10,000 feet long, and if you look at the footage...it is about right.They covered almost the entire city, and stayed there for hours!!No flares do that.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi

Originally posted by Esoterica

Unidentified Flying Objects are real. I'm not totally sure what they are. But I am sure some are not mundane explanations. Be they test aircraft, strange natural phenomena, or even alien spacecraft, we cannot at the moment know with any clarity. And I am damn sure there are groups out there that know more than has been released.

Well said Esoterica. Most people seem to have the strange belief that UFO means Alien Spacecraft. IT DOES NOT. A UFO is any object that appears in the sky which cannot be positively identified. Therefore UFOs are most definitely real. There is much evidence for them. DOes Rendlessham, or Phoenix or many other hundreds of objects actually have any indication that they are connected with ET activity. No.
Had anyone even connected UFOs>Aliens befire the myth of Roswell?
And many people wonder why UFOlogy and the investigation of the paranormal has such a bad name and is generally considered to be consigned to wackos. *sigh*

I have been messed with so many times for taking that exact stance. My personal belief is that we are being observed, but there is no actual "definitive" proof. That being said, there is certainly alot of information out there that points to the ET possibility.

I still stand by the Belgium flap as the most convincing evidence to the possibility of ET visitations.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Had anyone even connected UFOs>Aliens befire the myth of Roswell?

Yes. It is a logical explanation, if you assume a few things.

1) It's a physical object.
2) It performs intelligent maneuvers.
3) These maneuvers are beyond the scope of terran technology.

If you assume these three things to be true, then the logical result is that if theya re not human aircraft, they msut be non-human aircraft.

Also, researchers such as Charles Fort supposed it was possible that intellgent alien life was visiting the Earth. Science Ficiton from before Roswell had alien spacecraft. So Roswell is hardly the birthplace of UFOlogy.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yes. It is a logical explanation, if you assume a few things.

1) It's a physical object.
2) It performs intelligent maneuvers.
3) These maneuvers are beyond the scope of terran technology.

If you assume these three things to be true, then the logical result is that if theya re not human aircraft, they msut be non-human aircraft.

Also, researchers such as Charles Fort supposed it was possible that intellgent alien life was visiting the Earth. Science Ficiton from before Roswell had alien spacecraft. So Roswell is hardly the birthplace of UFOlogy.

A: I never said they were not extraterrestrial craft controlled by an intelligent force, just that it shouldn't be assumed they are. There are other possibilities.

B: I have read some science fiction, which features stories of aliens, connected with flying objects from well before Roswell, often before the 20th century. Roswell just brough it to the front of the publics imagination. As can be seen from FOIA documents, there was almost a mass hysteria about UFos in 1947.
It is just as possible as any other explanationfor UFOs, maybe moreso than most, but should not be put across as the omly one.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

A: I never said they were not extraterrestrial craft controlled by an intelligent force, just that it shouldn't be assumed they are. There are other possibilities.

Never said you said that.

B: I have read some science fiction, which features stories of aliens, connected with flying objects from well before Roswell, often before the 20th century. Roswell just brough it to the front of the publics imagination. As can be seen from FOIA documents, there was almost a mass hysteria about UFos in 1947.
It is just as possible as any other explanationfor UFOs, maybe moreso than most, but should not be put across as the omly one.

I don't think UFOs have one explanation. Not everything with wings is a blue jay, why should ever light in the sky be the same thing?

As for the hysteria over UFOs, you must remember the times. We had just gotten out of World War II, and the Cold War was starting up. People were just as scared that UFOs were secret Nazi or Russkie weapons as much as aliens.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

As for the hysteria over UFOs, you must remember the times. We had just gotten out of World War II, and the Cold War was starting up. People were just as scared that UFOs were secret Nazi or Russkie weapons as much as aliens.

Agreed.

The impact of Orson Welles's 1938 broadcast of "War of the Worlds" was still fresh in everybody's minds as well. That didn't help at all.

And pilot Keneth Arnold who helped coin the phrase "flying saucer" after his sighting brought "saucer mania" to the national spotlight.

Those were heady times.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I don't think UFOs have one explanation. Not everything with wings is a blue jay, why should ever light in the sky be the same thing?

It appears we are in agreement. Jolly good show old chap. A Good intelligent discussion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join