It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 foot long Snake photographed in Borneo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I used to wonder how big snakes could grow.... I believe prehistoric pythons and the like could have been huge, but in the current clime, i put doubts on such a fancy beast. It's diet would have to be huge (for it to survive and grow so long) and for it to never be spotted by tribesmen and other natives almost defies belief.

I guess fake, but then again i try not to be too closed minded and I do believe that there is a slim possibility that such beasts could exist. The photo look dubious and the Daily mail is a nasty rag (which may inspire bias).

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I want it now catch that sucker and sell it to me as a pet!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

According to legend, the Nabau was a terrifying snake more than 100ft in length and with a dragon's head and seven nostrils.

Since when did snakes start having 7 nostrils? But that is only from the legend. Tribe folk can never be counted on for being good eyewitnesses.

And the two pictures show an animal that is not the same. One appears to be 100ft the other only 50ft. So its not the same animal.

The snakes head in the first picture appears quite large, something that you would see in a viper, not a snake that needs to move around in the water.

I just can't see this thing being real. Its a nice story, something the crypto board has been lacking for a while, but it looks like a photoshop job. At least the first picture, the second could be something like a net in the water.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
most defintaly photoshopped the first pic made me thinm it was but i wan't totally decided until i saw the second it looks liek someone took a picture of a Rock python then photoshopped it in
would love to see a real one though

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXOrochimaruXx
..would love to see a real one though

How bout this one

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
now that one looks legit to me but the size is hard to determine by the angle unless it is supossed to be the same one as before then i am impressed and convinced
and will not be dangling my feet over a boat side any more

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
first pic:green snake
second pic:black snake

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXOrochimaruXx
now that one looks legit to me but the size is hard to determine by the angle unless it is supossed to be the same one as before then i am impressed and convinced
and will not be dangling my feet over a boat side any more

Neither will I

The photo does seem to be a bit more genuine but it is a shame theres no boats in the water to give it any context.

It does look to be one hmf snake though

This one isn't too big but does have quite scary teeth:

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i saw that one before that snake was only about 25 ft long though someone tried posting it as a giant snake and it was a just a fat one that got stuck in a fence then bit it got stuck a second time and died ... scary little bugger though ... but really bad luck

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i do believe a snake of that size could in fact exsist...i wouldnt put it pass God's creations...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There's a damn good reason why animals these days, are so rarely very large. Would you all like to know why? The answer is, good old oxygen. We have much less oxygen nowadays, than a couple of hundred, thousand and millions of years ago. That's why dinosaurs were huge, but now, every animal is usually pretty small in comparison.

The only time that bigger than usual animals are recorded these days, is in dense jungle, since the environment has more oxygen. Such as, the chicken eating spider. To our records as far as I know, we've measured it at roughly a foot in size. And, it's the first known type of Spider, to show a maternal instinct, and seemingly have the intelligence to keep a pet, to benefit itself and its offspring. Haha, if only WE had more oxygen.. we'd be unstoppable

I know that I trailed off a bit, but, it's interesting all the same!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i think its photoshoped but if it is real my guess would be some sort of huge prehistoric anaconda. Its probrobly be living in underground rivers or a lake or something around that line. it would have to live in water to suport its weight.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
How about this one photographed by a pilot in 1959?

www.youtube.com...

That's the biggest snake ever photographed right?

could be fake... IDK...

But as for this one we ared discussing...

we should change the tiitle of the thread...

100 foot long Snake photoshopped in Borneo.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by karl 12
How about this one photographed by a pilot in 1959?

www.youtube.com...

That's the biggest snake ever photographed right?

could be fake... IDK...

Could be - although the testimony of the pilot makes an interesting footnote.

But as for this one we ared discussing...

we should change the tiitle of the thread...

100 foot long Snake photoshopped in Borneo.

Yes ,the Daily Mail photograph does look a little 'Hollywood-esque'.

This is a good video (don't know what happened to the cameraman though):

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

That scared the hell out of me.
2 lines

[edit on 20-2-2009 by DrumsRfun]

Mod Edit: Writing " 2 lines" doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by October

If it is authentic then it hasn't been seen before 'cos it probly eats anything that gets within range of taking a pic!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How deep is the river?? surely something of that size would weigh a lot, and that the river would have to be pretty deep to allow for the displacement to keep this thing afloat? Not only that, but the 'wake' looks awkward, the postitioning and the way the head looks. Why are there 2 wakes, if only the head is above the water? I guess another part could have surfaced momentarily. I call shenanigans on this one!

Nothing about dis-info, this picture is pretty obviously a fake. Why didn't the pilot get in closer for a better pic???

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
Just saw this on a news website and didn't see it posted here. I'm not sure of the authenticity of them but my god it's BIG!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

What do you make of it?

October

Hey there! I'm from /b/ so I am an expert on photo shooping. Let me tell you, this looks hella shooped. In fact it seems like it shouldn't have ever been posted as all it did was get my hopes WAAAAY up only to be shot down by windows photo shop 9 or whatever image manipulation software was used. Sorry man.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I love snakes. Think they are beautiful lovely creatures.

But I saw an anaconda in a zoo in New Orleans once(I hope that thing didn't get away)
and it was extremely surreal, and gave me the heebiejeebies. The head way just mythological looking. It was 40 feet long I think.

They fed it small pigs and deer, the sign said. I will never forget that. I think they need to bring it here for the deer population.

If indeed it is real, I can only imagine how freaky that thing looks.

And people need to keep their children inside.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join