It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza victims describe being used as human shields by Hamas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Are you claiming that the translation of the Palestinian media is incorrect? If so point to the multiple cases of those translations being wrong. You are really grasping at straws here. It's the actual broadcasts of Palestinian created media. Do you dispute that?

If you read my post 2nd from the top on pg2 of this thread you will see where i have quoted the origional post by the op and then where i have posted a contradicting story relating to the same event from a different source with a completely different take on the story.

In my post I have pointed out a major error which shows that the familys name quoted by the op's post is "The Abd Rabbo Family". When in fact Abd Rabbo is the name of a town located in Gaza strip. They couldn't even get that part right.

I cannot find an Arabic news source with a story which even slightly resembles the one posted by the op.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm impressed by the depth research of some of the posters here. I cannot bear to watch the films and even contemplate the details of the gore, the suffering being meted out by Israel to its "enemies." I've seen the pictures of the dead children, the ones with the angelic faces, curly hair, such sweet children. Murdered.

I can't dig into the details of these horrors enough to face the Zionist propaganda and lies, and I'm thankful for those posting on this thread who have the stomach for the job and your excellent postings.

So happy to see lies and propaganda thwarted, even if only on a thread on ATS. It's threads like this why people are turning away from the controlled media and heading to the Internet to get their news and information.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Too bad alot of people wont read it, nor will they reply. I guess they just ignore the thread and any posts where they have been disproved rather than admitting that maybe they have no grounds in which to dispute it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated

I cannot find an Arabic news source with a story which even slightly resembles the one posted by the op.

And most likely you won't find an Arabic news source that'll ever portray Israel in a positive way.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

Originally posted by BlueRaja

That's an "interesting" perspective- Israel waging a campaign against bomb shelters with bunker busters, so they can maximize collateral damage with the minimum amount of evidence.

The intro accusations posted against the Palestinians to justify Israel's Shock and Awe were their aggressions which included making tunnels.

Hamas, Hezbollah, etc... do use tunnels for military purposes(i.e. caches, points of entry, etc..), just like the North Koreans.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

Are you claiming that the translation of the Palestinian media is incorrect? If so point to the multiple cases of those translations being wrong. You are really grasping at straws here. It's the actual broadcasts of Palestinian created media. Do you dispute that?

If you read my post 2nd from the top on pg2 of this thread you will see where i have quoted the origional post by the op and then where i have posted a contradicting story relating to the same event from a different source with a completely different take on the story.

In my post I have pointed out a major error which shows that the familys name quoted by the op's post is "The Abd Rabbo Family". When in fact Abd Rabbo is the name of a town located in Gaza strip. They couldn't even get that part right.

If you would have read my posts you would have shown me where the Arabic into English translations of Palestinian broadcasts on PMW were inaccurate. Now that is the third time I have made such a request. You are comparing two different news reports of the same events where I am asking someone to prove a translation is inaccurate. Apples and oranges IMO.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Hamas, Hezbollah, etc... do use tunnels for military purposes(i.e. caches, points of entry, etc..), just like the North Koreans.

Agreed. there is ample evidence of Hamas digging tunnels for military means.
From one of the horse's mouths:
www.timesonline.co.uk... .ece

He spoke of a huge network of tunnels designed to enable Hamas fighters to attack and retreat, to ambush and kidnap, to blow up Israeli vehicles passing overhead and move undetected by aerial surveillance. He talked of mines which have been laid but are not primed until the Israelis approach. He described how plans had been prepared to defend each part of the city, and how they were immediately changed when a fighter was captured. If a fighter was killed, another was trained to take his place

A detailed, hand-drawn Hamas map of a neighbourhood called Al-Atatra, discovered by Israeli paratroopers last week on the body of a Hamas fighter, showed tunnels, sniper positions next to a mosque and numerous explosive devices planted in roads, homes and a petrol station. The neighbourhood had been divided into three, with a team of fighters allocated to each.

Mr Ben-Yishai told The Times that his unit found a mannequin filled with explosives in a hallway in the Zaytun area of Gaza City. It was dressed in a Hamas fighter’s black uniform. Had Israeli soldiers fired on it, it would have exploded and brought down the building. In the hallway of another house, a 30-gallon container of diesel fuel had been placed on two sacks of explosives, with a detonation wire running through a tunnel to a shack 200 metres away. Instead of entering houses through doorways, Israeli soldiers now blow holes in the walls and send sniffer dogs in first.

Course that is from the Zionist press so we can't believe it, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

reply to post by pavil

If you would have read my posts you would have shown me where the Arabic into English translations of Palestinian broadcasts on PMW were inaccurate. Now that is the third time I have made such a request. You are comparing two different news reports of the same events where I am asking someone to prove a translation is inaccurate. Apples and oranges IMO.

I cannot find an Arabic version of the story from which to translate it. There is also no reference as to where the story was obtained from.

As for the videos on different stories, the articles which correspond with them have a very bias spin to them. They are far from objective. In the videos you will also notice that in the translations words which are not said are added to demonstrate who is being reffered to eg, [palestinians] or [hamas] etc.. when maybe they are infact reffering to Israel. The videos are cropped so that their context cannot be determined.

Translating from Arabic to English is difficult because the English language doesn't have words which match the Arabic ones and vice-verca.

Also in english the placing of a single comma or a full stop alters the entire meaning of a sentance.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

So are you saying that you can't find any other translations of the Palestinian broadcasts? Are you able to translate yourself so you can vouch that the PMW translations are inaccurate? Until you find another source, I will take PMW translations as accurate. There are going to be some minor grammatical things for sure, but are you denying the gist of most of those Palestinian broadcasts? Seems to me that you are grasping to try and defend Palestinian media without giving any verifiable defense.

The PMW translations are out there with the actual Palestinian broadcasts, prove they are inaccurate translations. It's a rather simple, straightforward request is it not?

Fourth time now.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I'm not very good at reading or writing arabic but i can speak and understand it.

If there is nothing to translate it from then what is it a translation of? It sounds to me like a big spin of a completely different story. The term human shields is not one a Palestinian would refer to in the context in which it is portrayed.

Human shield is a term which was created by the western world as justification for their own actions. When Israel blows up someones house they blame it on Israel and say Israel blew up their house. Not Hamas.

Some of these people have lived to see over a million people driven out of their homes by Israel even before Hamas existed.

For example this vidoe is on the PMW site
www.youtube.com...

It is supposidly about Hamas confessing to using Human shields. This is how i have interpreted it, it can have other variations because like i said before not all english words match up

He says:

li dalika shakalou dahouran basharia min al naswan, wa al itfal...
this is why they portrayed us as human shields from the women, and the children.....
(the video says formed, but "shakalou" is to portray or create or mold)

la di hadou il dalika alat il kasf il zionia wa kanahoum yakuluna il edou il zahyouni
And compared to them this is what the zionist group say, as if they were saying to us, the zionist enemy....
(the video says zionist bombing machine but "kasf" means group or section.)

inaha tehrazouna ala l mowt kaman tehrazouna al hayet
that you decide if we deserve death, as well as that, you decide if we deserve life (in the video it says "we desire death" tehrez means deserve. tehrazouna means you decide what we deserve)

This might not make much sense and was really difficult to translate by trying to do it word for word rather than the general meaning. It took me almost an hour just to translate that much. Hopefully it gives you an idea.

P.S. I don't know if the translation i made 100% right but it's close enough

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Obliterated]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

I give you credit for trying, more than anyone else has done.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This article is dated, Nov. 2001 but I thought this thread would be a good place to share it. Don't forget the Palestianians ELECTED the terrorists HAMAS to run things for them. If Palestianians had a choice, every man woman and child who doesn't bow to Allah would be dead. That includes the atheists, believe it or not.

Terror in America (24): Hamas Weekly: Anthrax should be put into America's drinking water

www.memri.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

This one is dated Jan 2009

The Defense Ministry is attempting to block or delay the release of a new report criticizing the Israel Institute for Biological Research in Nes Tziona for its experiment on an anthrax vaccine, which allegedly afflicted the trial subjects.
www.haaretz.com...

Now seriously, do you really think that the people that are using katusha rockets instead of white phosphorous are the biological threat?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

These tunnels are in Gaza. The Gazans don't have a right to dig tunnels in their own land? And you say they are surveilling people, what, with periscopes poking up through the tunnels? And if they see an Israeli military they get booby trapped? Somebody stays watching the periscope at all times, so if a Palestinian walks near it is cool, but if they see an Israeli soldier they blow him up?

What's with the Israeli soldiers walking around in Gaza? This is Gaza, right? It's not enough to steal their land, their orchards, and kick them into Gaza, but they have to patrol and occupy Gaza as well? And the people can't dig tunnels to hide in during Israel's Shock and Awe attacks when they blow up all the houses and drop multi-ton bombs on the people, straff them when they run out of their homes? What are they supposed to do, if not burrow into the ground? But since Israel is using bunker busters, that's not helpingmuch, is it? Imagine all those children buried alive in the tunnels, those cute little angelic kids with the curly hair and big brown eyes, the sad faces of the young men carrying the bodies away.

Israel, you are of the devil. You are pure evil.

Poor Israel with those dangerous tunnels. Maybe they should leave the Gazans alone. If they stayed out of Gaza and they wouldn't have to worry about booby traps. (which I doubt this story, probably pure lies, like 99 percent of what Israel tells us, proud liars that they are, thinking lieing to goyim is a virtue, not a shameful sinful act to be a liar).

The Jewish "holy book" the Talmud instructs them to lie to the goyim, because it says we goyim are such cattle, such subhumans compared to their exalted and special selves.

I do not believe ONE WORD coming out of Israel, nor ONE WORD coming out of the mouths of the Mossad who are running the United States government top to bottom, nor ONE WORD from the Zionist controlled media, including all of the television, all the newspapers, and all the magazines.

Nothing but lies, and corrupting sex, and evil glitter and distractions,

Go away, Israel. Leave the world alone. You've got your stinking nation to flaunt your special selves, so leave the rest of the world alone. Get your spies out of the United States, stop blowing up our buildings (like the towers on 9/11 and the Murrah Bldg. in Oklahoma and our battleships like the USS Liberty that you tried to sink during LBJ's watch so you could get us to go to war and kill the Egyptians for you.

You and your stinking wars are getting to be a bit much. I've had it with you, all of you. You are nothing but murdering thugs, liars, perverts, and thieves, mafiosos, criminals, with no morals, no honor, just pride in being a Jew, something that if I were a Jew I would be ashamed for having killed Jesus. It's not something to be proud of, to build a whole religion and an entire lifestyle around, hating Jesus.

It means you are Satanists, at war with God and man. Repent, and be saved. Everybody else needs to be saved, so what makes you think you are so special that the rest of the world should bow down and kiss your feet when you are a religion united in deicide and murder.

That's my rant for today.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
An interesting read with some good research.

So in summary: the original 'news' article is in fact a Zionist propaganda piece and has been proven to be far from factual. On top of this video evidence of the IDF using human shields themselves has been presented: absolutely appalling, the Israeli government and military needs to be brought to justice.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY WERE HAMAS? And not IDF soldiers dressed as Hamas?

The only military ever known to use Human shields are the IDF. You can see videos and Pics of it all over the web.

IDF have been caught SEVERAL times pretending to be Al Qaeda and Hamas.

As seen here:

And faking ROCKETS ATTACKS as seen here: LOL. It's so lame. It doesn't even look like an EXPLOSION... WTF?

Notice how "hamas" rockets fail to destroy anything. LOL.. "DECEPTION" at its finest.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
You ask what members think. Well Israel conducted a siege on the whole of Gaza. The governing authority mobilised and mounted defences in an area that is all civilian. As for Hamas using householders as human shields, I doubt they would use their own people in this manner and it would not work because Israel would kill both civilian and non-civilian.
[edit on 012828p://pm2856 by masonwatcher]

I'm afraid you're a bit naïve.

Check out the Palestinian Press if you prefer... You'll be shocked by what you'll see, I betcha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join