It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Water Czar Premotes Global Ban of Bottled Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The United Nations has a newly appointed Water Czar. She is raising eyebrows already with several of her controversial positions including her stance on bottled water.

Fox News Story

She seems to think that all bottled water, worldwide should be banned. She considers the bottled water industry inherently evil. Even the mainstream media and the public are confused and concerned by this as it would put thousands of people out of work and limit peoples freedom to consume a product that many people like for various reasons, including convince and general health.

In the conspiracy theory world a more shocking connection can be made. The water Czar is quoted as saying everyone should be drinking from their tap. This would effectively ensure that millions and millions of people would have no choice but to consume large amounts of fluoride. If you are unfamiliar with the conspiracy of the fluoridation of water you can just Google it, there is a lot of info out there. Fluoridation of water serves as compulsory medication of the general public. It lowers aggression and makes humans more susceptible to suggestion. You can see why world leaders would want everyone on this stuff with no choice to do anything about it.

So what do we think. If it comes down to it I know I would fight and die before I had the government force medication down my throat. If this really moves toward implementation this is going to be a big deal.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Boston Tea Party]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
1. There's probably fluoride in bottled water
2. Bottled water is inherently stupid
3. Bottled water is bad for the environment, and bad for our wallets

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think it's a lot healthier than drinking coco cola or other soda drinks.

If you are out and about and you are thirsty you buy a bottled water.
We aren't near a tap 24/7. And most shops won't give you a drink of water.
So I think the water czar needs her brain flushed.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
I think it's a lot healthier than drinking coco cola or other soda drinks.

If you are out and about and you are thirsty you buy a bottled water.
We aren't near a tap 24/7. And most shops won't give you a drink of water.
So I think the water czar needs her brain flushed.

This brings up a good point. Banning bottled water seems so ridiculous it really makes even the average person scratch there head and ask themselves 'what’s really going on here'. I have offered one explanation, although there may be others.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
1. There's probably fluoride in bottled water
2. Bottled water is inherently stupid
3. Bottled water is bad for the environment, and bad for our wallets

I absolutely agree.

I still dont favor a ban.

I wonder, would I be breaking any sort of law should I bottle my own water?

At what point is a law being broken if I store water in thousand gallon tanks and bottle my own? Would I have to sell it to violate the law?

Is it just the big bad corporations selling water she opposes?

So they'll sell empty bottles and we'll bottle our own. Thy'll get into the "filtration" business.

This is incredibly stupid.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
while we are on the topic

no consumer level water filtration system removes flouride (that i am aware of)

can anyone recomend a system that will?

flouride in bottled water? im not sure, maybe in some. ive noticed in a lot of instances the PTB offer those in the know a way out of their little schemes for a price.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here's a thought that I've had for many years and follow it myself most of the times.

Buy a re-usable water bottler with a filter.
You could fill it up from anywhere, tape, stream, lake, and the filter will clear everything out.

We also have our own well water which goes through a double filter for drinking, non-filtered for washing. Although I'm aware most people are hooked up to a cities water supply so they can't do much about that.

I wonder if flouride can be filtered out? Or is it too small? Either way I rarely use tap water from other sources than my own, unless I really need it. Otherwise I refill my water bottle every morning before my way out.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Fluoride occurs naturally in some water supplies. In fact, where I live no fluoride is added to the water because the water that is drawn from the aquifer already has fluoride in it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.
while we are on the topic

no consumer level water filtration system removes flouride (that i am aware of)

You can reduce it with a filter
www.berkeywaterfilterstore.com...

But the only way to remove it is with reverse osmosis
store3-store.stores.yahoo.net...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is a conspiracy to get us to drink tap water....based on the original article, she's described in more grass-roots terms:

Barlow says she has refused a salary and will have no staff, hoping to avoid the bureaucratic boondoggle that plagues the U.N. "I have no intention of hanging out very much at the U.N.... I will still spend 90 percent of my time with the grassroots out on the road," she said. "I don't want to get caught in the bureaucracy." Barlow sees herself as an activist voice within the U.N., continuing a 20-year career in water activism during which she has written numerous books and led international protests against the World Trade Organizations and the water industry.

So is she a crusader, or just pretending so she can trick us into drinking evil tap water? By the end of the article, they hint that she might mostly be concerned -- not with bottled water, per se -- but water rights:

She hopes that increased international pressure will force nations to reconsider selling water rights. "If nothing else," she said, it would give people "a personal spiritual tool to say we have these fundamental rights" and help water activists make a bigger push worldwide.

It seems like Fox probably tweaked the 'ban bottled water' angle for their story and headlines. A story about who really can own water and how it can be sold for profit would've been interesting...that's probably not a MSM story, though.

Anyway, as she admits, it's not like the UN can force this on any countries.

EDIT: block-quote was displaying oddly

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Vault-D]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i just wanted to say, the focus of this conspiracy should not just ponder the fluoride situation

as there are several other things found in tap water also

like prescription drugs, i think out of all of the water that was tested a large majority came back containing all kinds of pharmaceuticals

bottled water may have its drawbacks, tap water may have its plus sides

but pretty much everything can be looked at with suspicion, the things that we should be most suspicious of, are things people pursue with a oddly aggressive passion

if they take this much farther and actually start coming close to banning bottled water, i think then we should worry very much, as they may only be distracting us with the fluoride and pharmaceuticals, there may be something drastically more dangerous going on with our water

new topics

top topics

join