It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving God to be fake... In under ten seconds...

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
It is impossible for man to exist without being created.

Says who?

I hope you're not using this as a basis for denying evolution lol

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Says who?

Do you even understand what evolution is? It is constant re-creation.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just a little food for thought....

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing:
but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

There is only one logical explanation...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Says who?

Do you even understand what evolution is? It is constant re-creation.

LOL making stuff up with conviction doesn't mean anything...

And, I am willing to bet I have a much deeper understanding of evolution than you do... but I'll give you a fair shot...

Tell me what evolution is.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Nah, in order to use the bible as a source of information, you have to verify its validity...

Or should I whip out Moby Dick and use that as a basis for argument?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I could tell you what evolution isn't...But that would get us way off topic and I am thoroughly enjoying the conversation.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Nah, in order to use the bible as a source of information, you have to verify its validity...

Or should I whip out Moby Dick and use that as a basis for argument?

I have no doubt that in your hands Moby Dick would provide all the basis you need. I only offered that passage as inspiration not facts for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I just told you what evolution is. It is constant re-creation.

en.wikipedia.org...

In biology, evolution is change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms from one generation to the next.

Tell me, to get from 0NE generation to the next, doesn't somebody need to create the next generation? If 0NE generation is created, doesn't that mean the next generation is re-created?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by nj2day

Tell me, to get from 0NE generation to the next, doesn't somebody need to create the next generation? If 0NE generation is created, doesn't that mean the next generation is re-created?

Only if you're counting sexual reproduction (or asexual for that matter) as "creation".

But if that's the case, I have "created" two kids so far

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I do know it is a theory. Just a theory.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Only if you're counting sexual reproduction (or asexual for that matter) as "creation".

I am talking the standard definition of the word....

cre·ate

Function: verb

1: to bring into existence
2 a: to invest with a new form, office, or rank
2 b: to produce or bring about by a course of action or behavior
3: cause , occasion
4 a: to produce through imaginative skill
4 b: design

intransitive verb
1: to make or bring into existence something new
2: to set up a scoring opportunity in basketball

If you believe that Apes evolved into Humans, that would mean that "humans (new from apes) were brought into existence" a.k.a. CREATED. To go from non-existent to existent, is to be created.

If an Ape didn't once exist, but now it exists, that means it was created. If you believe Humans evolved from Apes, that would mean Humans are a re-creation of an Ape, but with changes.

But if that's the case, I have "created" two kids so far

Nice. If you have kids, then you certainly did "create" them. If you reverse the creation process of your kid, and you, and your parents, and your grandparents, etc.. it would lead all the way back to 0NE generation.

The only possible way for that 0NE generation to exist, is if something "brought it to into existence" which by definition means it was "created".

2 b: to produce or bring about by a course of action or behavior

To produce or bring about (create) by a course of action or behavior = evolution.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
While I read the first few pages , I couldn't go any further because just like every other one of these threads nothing gets accomplished and nobodys minds is going to change .... everyone is just stating their peace and thats great.

Just wanted to touch on something for a second .....

This "supposed" waste of time believing in faith and a higher power ,wont really seem like such a waste if there is a day that comes ... where you are judged and asked why you did not believe ...... what are you going to say , that nobody told you ? or you couldn't see it therefore you didn't believe it ?

Life defies all logic , nothing makes sense and if I could describe it i would have to say it reminds me of one long movie with all kinds of crazy plot twists thats always keeps you on the edge of your seat .....

To think that you can fit the description (if there can even be one) of eternity into a little box is nothing short of disrespectful

I wish you and your kind good luck and hopefully you will find your way home one day , for if not you will be doomed to repeat it all .... which to me is my personal impression of "Hell"

[edit on 22-2-2009 by EliteLegends]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I do know it is a theory. Just a theory.

Do you believe in Atoms? how about Gravity? Germs? Cells? Continental Drift?

Those are theories too...

Atomic Theory, Theory of Gravity, Germ Theory of Disease, Cell Theory, Plate Tectonic Theory respectively...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

LOL for the sake of argument, we should pick a different word to use than "create" LOL

It muddies the water when talking about origins...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteLegends
Just wanted to touch on something for a second .....

This "supposed" waste of time believing in faith and a higher power ,wont really seem like such a waste if there is a day that comes ... where you are judged and asked why you did not believe ...... what are you going to say , that nobody told you ? or you couldn't see it therefore you didn't believe it ?

Well, I'd say to the big man, "Look, you made no effort to prove yourself to me, you left a bunch of people who hate each other in charge who none can agree on the same idea of you. You preach love and peace yet you smite cities and societies. You claim compassion and understanding yet send plagues and floods. You claim we have free will but say worship no one but you. You claim to love us and we're your children, but you're the most hypocritical, self-absorbed, insecure being I've ever heard of."

It just doesn't make sense. Well, to a rational mind, that is.

What about someone left alone on an island for their whole life, given no proof or knowledge or books or accounts of any concept of a higher being. This person believes in bananas, trees, the ocean and comical monkeys. Now, one day this person dies and finds themselves in front of this 'judging'. Now what?

Judging : "You didn't believe in us, what have you go to say for yourself?"
Island guy: "Well, I've been alone on an island all my life -- no one told me and you never came forward and said to believe in you. Everything around me suggested in a logical operation to the world around me; physics, mathematics, science, chemistry, biology. Nothing said the island I was on was created by a supreme being!"

What happens then? Does matey go to Hell or is is allowed in because he's an "exception"?

And if he is allowed in and it's an "exception" -- where's the rules on what consitutes an exception? Are they written down? No, the bible is not a list of the rules -- remember, matey wasn't given a bible.

It just doesn't make any sense. The eventual future of one's "immortal" being CANNOT be based on the events of a MORTAL life. It's just too illogical.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

To produce or bring about (create) by a course of action or behavior = evolution.

Wow, Thats kind of Pulled and twisted to fit your view I can tell.... Evolution is the genetic changes from one Generation of a species to the next, not creation. Get your bookshelf in order and up to date my friend? I thought this was taught in like kindergarden? guess not.... oh well...

Rekar

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rekar

lol watch the ad hominem lol she didn't really deserve it...

If you read her posts, she tends to lean toward Deism... if that's the case, I imagine you don't disagree with her (in principal)

however, every now and again she knocks me flat by suprising me with a bible quote... which I think is odd...

I just think she was a christian, but has been drifting toward deism over the years...

might be wrong though...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Lol, Yeah, I just figures i would atleast get what evolution is out there for her. Im not really Deist though, hehe.

Although Ive been Following the thread for some time, and she seems to pull Bible Phrases from now where, and at pretty good times too, lol

Rekar

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
The problem here is that you're not understanding what Jesus was saying. You find a lack of evidence as proof that Jesus must have been wrong, rather than entertaining the possibility that most people have failed to ascend to a "Jesus" level. The fault here lies with the limitations of man, not of God.

How many times must I repeat myself...

I never said it was proof!
Evidence and proof are two different things...

If there is a trial for someone who was said to murder his wife, and there was found not 1 shred of evidence, then the court would take that fact as evidence that he probably didn't commit the crime.
This is simple stuff...

The Bible talks about demons talking to people, healing and miracles, witches and soothsayers and magicians.
Likewise, there is not one shred of evidence for these things AFTER TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!
Surely that counts for something...

How many Christmases of NOT seeing Santa Claus does it take before you realize it's all a hoax?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by TruthParadox]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
oops.

double post some how....?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join