It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film Censorship in Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macjafa

This thread was started as a PERSONAL plea for sympathy for someone that got caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar.

Unfortunately, no thought was given to how the thread would effect other people involved.

Some things are better left alone and this was an example of one of them.

Drudging up old news to gain support for your cause just brings up the embarrassment and pain that this sort of film causes to others.

I know you don't have the capability to get this, so I rattle the saber.

As for Macjafa
'What do you call a man that has been married for 25 years with two children?'

Originally posted by nanookofthenorth
[ Hmmmmm.......
Karla & Paul Bernardo were happily married too.

I was referring to the fact that he is happily married, with 2? children.

It's a small world isn't it Dr Don???

sed,quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macjafa

I am reporting this thread. In the legal papers you post links to there are names, etc of innocents that others will now be privy to.

It is time to have this thread removed.

What do you call a man that has been married for 25 years with two children?
One that has 4.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nanookofthenorth

this is not the place to discuss personal issues. if you want such a conversation please feel free to contact me at:

admin@jafaentertainment.com

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by macjafa

I am reporting this thread. In the legal papers you post links to there are names, etc of innocents that others will now be privy to.

It is time to have this thread removed.

What do you call a man that has been married for 25 years with two children?
One that has 4.

All named are public figures, part of the public record of the case....sorry, you are offended.

I don't know who you are. You have issues. Seek help.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

those papers are public documents . once they have been presented in open court there is no violations of any persons privacy.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What do you call a man that has been married for 25 years with two children? One that has 4.

You mentioned that you are against censorship. Please pursue that line for this thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

The way I am reading that regulation means that most slasher films could be considered obscene by Canada law. Again, I am not a fan of those types of movies, but who will they go after next? A person who makes a documentary critical of the government and its policies?

The United States Supreme Court tried to evade the definition by stating obscenity is defined by community standards. They can differ area to area, but there have been many prosecutions here, most notably a rap artist a few years back in Florida.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by macjafa

"All named are public figures, part of the public record of the case....sorry, you are offended."

Okay....but children are innocent and he is not.

Like I said, Don has NO compassion for anyone but himself.
Unless one was seeking out his info it would be next to impossible to stumble upon it online.
He has no qualms about hurting once again the people that have crossed paths with him.

Dr Don knows who i am don't ya. You can run but you really should hide.
Sometimes the past has a way of catching up with you and is better left unopened.
Don't be opening up a can of whoop-ass.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Duzey

The way I am reading that regulation means that most slasher films could be considered obscene by Canada law. Again, I am not a fan of those types of movies, but who will they go after next? A person who makes a documentary critical of the government and its policies?

The United States Supreme Court tried to evade the definition by stating obscenity is defined by community standards. They can differ area to area, but there have been many prosecutions here, most notably a rap artist a few years back in Florida.

No, no, no. Slasher films are not obscene unless they have sex and violence coupled together in the same scenes.

I foresaw this happening as a result of Duzy's error. I responded to his post. Read it. You have to have SEX plus one or more of the others listed.
No sex= no obscenity.
It's that simple.

[edit on 20/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

[Dr Don knows who i am don't ya. You can run but you really should hide.
Sometimes the past has a way of catching up with you and is better left unopened.
Don't be opening up a can of whoop-ass.

I won't be letting him know about your threats and mean comments. I hope macjafa takes the same approach.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

you seem to feel that I should know who you are. to my knowlege don is not a member here.

again; I am willing to talk with you directly by e-mail anytine you desire.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macjafa

Might I suggest you ask Don who I am and why I am absolutely furious that you have linked his legal crap on this thread. Yes it's personal.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Might I suggest you ask Don who I am and why I am absolutely furious that you have linked his legal crap on this thread. Yes it's personal.

Well, my OP reveals nothing personal...it's all public info. I would appreciate if you take your personal problems somewhere else. I see four or five people have posted here and none are interested in your off topic problems.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

you seem to miss the point of my posts. this is a quote from the Supreme Court of Canada

"Criminal law (Non Charter) - Trial - Instructions to jury - Whether the Court of Appeal for Ontario erred in holding that the trial judge’s instructions to the jury improperly defined “explicit sex” and that the deficient instructions were not curable.

Smith’s websites portrayed in particular partially or totally naked women simulating extreme violence and death. The materials did not depict sexual acts."

this proves that his works CAN NOT be considered obscene as they do not contain sex.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There will be no more posting to the poster.

Remain On Topic, which is "Film Censorship in Canada".

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

The censorship problem is only one that is mentioned in the legal papers.
Please remove the links to papers that name UNDERAGE children in them.
This does not belong on a public forum.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I am not aware of such content in the legal papers I linked to.
I will be grateful if you will e-mail to me the locations of any such references and I will gladly remove them, as you see the records are extensive and I might have missed something. I am afterall just human.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macjafa

I am afraid I do not have time to go through the papers presently, will do it tonite to locate where exactly all the juveniles are named or talked about in the papers, but if you seek you will find.
You say you are only human, think about how you would feel if this was attached to your kids. What kind of damage it could do to them. or how it would effect them.
I would send this u2u but I do not have enough posts to do so.
Do the right thing and please remove the links.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join