It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: U.S. a 'nation of cowards' on race discussions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Holder: U.S. a 'nation of cowards' on race discussions

www.cnn.com

In a blunt assessment of race relations in the United States, Attorney General Eric Holder Wednesday called the American people "essentially a nation of cowards" in failing to openly discuss the issue of race.

In his first major speech since being confirmed, the nation's first black attorney general told an overflow crowd celebrating Black History Month at the Justice Department the nation remains "voluntarily socially segregated."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can see his point, just look at the way cities are comprised. Here in Detroit we have Mexican town, Greek town, Hamtramck. Culturally and ethnically divided.

Do we as Americans do this out of fear or comfort? Do we intentionally segregate ourselves because the thought of living with one another is too much for us to handle?

Is this in and of itself a jeer at one race? Or is this a country wide problem? I work in Detroit, on nearly a nightly basis preforming my duty in a hotel I am called racist. Just because I don't allow 15 people into a room with an occupancy for 4.

It is this exact reason that I feel that the problems between races exist. It's fear of being labeled something that we are not. It's fear that we would offend someone who will blame the color of their skin, and not as I pointed out, the actions of the situation.

I believe it's only when we get beyond even bringing race into an issue at all will we finally be truly free from this overplayed and over done race card issue.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Please use the existing thread to continue discussion:

Holder: U.S. a 'Nation of Cowards' on Race Discussions

Thread Closed

new topics

join