It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OKC officer pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I hope the USSS is smart enough to realize that the guy who really wants to take out Obama is most likely not going to be going around publicly announcing it.

Then again we are talking about the federal government which lacks any concept of common sense or cognitive thinking.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I hate Obama, but Leto is right. It could be taken as a sign of aggression against the Prez.

By saying "Abort Obama," that is directly calling for his demise, which is an incitement to violence. Anything that inflammatory could and will draw the wrong attention.

His 1st amendment was not violated. He set off a flag, they checked him out, let him go, and he's free to put that same sign right back up. They didn't even rough him up.

What I would be more up in arms about would be the warrantless search of his home. That DOES violate rights.

If the SS thought that he was a big enough threat to the Prez that they wanted to search his home, then they need to go to a judge, prove that argument and get a warrant. GRRRRRR

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I can sort of sympathise with the cop though, the sticker did say to kill him... it doesnt mean he would and I personally wouldnt have read it that way but any possible attempt on the Presidents life they have to take seriously. Its their job!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Sorry I didnt read your post.. but I said essentially the same thing.

How ironic is it that Secret Service abbreviation is SS?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think it's rather peculiar how there's no mention of the officers names, nor any personal interviews or photographs. Why is their identity being so safely guarded?

Mr. Harrison has received national exposure for his sign which will more than likely result in his receiving multiple death threats, acts of vandalism against his property, or worse. So, why haven't these police officers been put on display as well? Let's give them an opportunity to explain the reasoning behind stopping this man and making a subsequent report to the SS.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
any1 know the race of the cop???? curious as hell.

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Past News Stories - for those who claim it didn't happen with Bush. And there's more.

A nurse in Georgia got a ticket from a police officer for having an anti Bush bumper sticker on her car. Denise Grier was driving home from work when the uniformed agent of thought control pulled her over. Grier says that he approached her car with his hand already on his gun. He told her he was ticketing her for an "obscene decal" on her car. The bumper sticker said "BU#".
freestudents.blogspot.com...

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A couple arrested for wearing anti-Bush T-shirts to the president's July 4 appearance at the West Virginia Capitol filed a federal lawsuit yesterday alleging their First Amendment rights were violated.
www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

Utah man's anti-Bush sticker prompts visit by Secret Service - www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join