It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think i might be able to go to ireland in 6 months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
my stepfather has a cousin that works a sheep farm. i don't know what county. i was going to see if they could start talking and see if maybe this guy needs help in exchange for room and board and for a little money. i am sure on a farm there are things that need to be fixed and being a mechanic for the last several years barring a few stints out of it i think i could do some good. i have always wanted to go to ireland and start a new life. save up enough money and get a small apartment or something.
thing that would kill me would be leaving my son and believe it or not my ex wife. we still see each other a lot and i still love her very much. if i do go to ireland i can pretty much guarantee that i won't see my son for a long time. he has a good life though. he has a lot going for him. i think he would be ok.
thing is i need to get a passport cause you have to have a passport for 6 months before you can travel out of the country.
just something to think about. it is somewhere i have always wanted to go. kind of go and dissappear. blend in with the farmers and the regulars. get back to my roots.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
good luck with it. Unfortunately Ireland is very expensive now, and there isn't a whole lot going on on farms (they're small and don't need much casual laborers). But mechanics -- that's different. You could go down the country somewhere, get some work in a garage, and hang out. Go to the local pub and all that. Meet some cailin. It's still a nice country, if you're in some quiet area. But beware that the Government is always getting in your face over here.

join