It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance is perfectly understandable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The majority of all the people flatly deny all conspiracies! Even more, they shut their minds and hearts when you only try to mention a conspiracy. The same goes for any theory, that tries to enhance natural physics, like parapsychology or natural medicines, like Ayurveda and acupuncture.

But at the same time, people want to stick to their prejudices as if these were their confessions of faith. You say, africans are not dumb and not dirty - you say, professors in universities are not necessarily more intelligent - you say, doctors not necessarily chose their profession 'cause they have an urge to rescue lives --> people will look at you as if you were some kind of a traitor, or an alien who does not understand the simplest laws of the universe.

Normally, these observations drive me crazy. I ask: Why are these people so dumb? Don't they have an own mind, don't they have eyes to see and ears to listen?? Have they been abducted or raped or beaten in their childhood?? There must be a cause for this refusal to think.

Lately, however, i got a complete new perspective on humans: Yes, people have been beaten in their childhood. Not physically. But on an emotional and spiritual plane. People bow in front of the power. They deny their own thoughts, 'cause they (think they) must. They think, their parents or their partner or their teacher or their boss or their wife or husband or the politicians or god or whoever - will punish them if they just for one second pursue their own thoughts.

Unfortunately do most people live in a constant mode of fear and pain. This is very sad, but i will not provide any proofs for this statement. If some people ask "why" they probably live in a constant mode of fear and pain

So this is the reason why ignorance is perfectly understandable. All humans can bear only a fixed limit of mental pain, before they give up.

For most people, this limit is already reached. The thought, that their inner beliefs might be untrue, is too much of pain. Be it beliefs about the good intentions of their "leaders", or their beliefs about doctors, lawyers, africans, professors or natural physics: They can't handle the destruction of their beliefs.

So, what is the point of this post?

The point, from the perspective of a conspiracy theorist, is, that finding out or presenting the truth, is absolutely futile - as long as people are unable to handle the truth. Far more important is to lower the amount of pain and fear that every ignorant person perceives. Only when the pain barrier is lowered, will the ignorant peron be able to intellectually grasp the viewpoint of any concept, which injures his belief system.

How is it possible to lower any persons pain barrier? Through sympathy and comprehension for his or her beliefs, for his pain, that he must constantly bow in front of anyone. Through acceptance of his viewpoint and sensibility to his belief system. May it be totally unintelligible or completely arrogant or even fascist or fundamentalistic or islamistic or worse.

I would wish for a better discussion culture between the humans. Wherever you are, here in my country or in yours or here on this board.

Give peace a chance, not because anyone tells you so, or 'cause it is morally true. No, give it a chance 'cause there is no other way to pursue the truth. Every lie is supported by violence, but no truth can survive in a culture of violence.

This is no preaching, it is logic

Ah, by the way, this logic also functions the other way round: Most people who spread lies, don't or can't do it in a nonviolant way. For example US Or Israel, for example Iran and Afghanistan and the terrorists, the fascists and the communists, most religions, the educational systems and the universitary system... stagnation = ignorance = lies

good day to you

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Wachstum]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I hate to do this to you, as I see your may not be a native English speaker. The title of your thread has a misspelling in it. Considering the title itself it might hinder the hits you receive. Or it may help who knows, its really the only reason I bothered to read the thread. Just thought I would put this out for you.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum

Normally, these observations drive me crazy. I ask: Why are these people so dumb? Don't they have an own mind, don't they have eyes to see and ears to listen?? Have they been abducted or raped or beaten in their childhood?? There must be a cause for this refusal to think.

This generalization of people who may have different beliefs to you is the epitome of ignorance. Surely such a self confessed intelligent person as yourself wouldn't have such a narrow view of others?

IRM

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yeah, i have this narrow minded view of others

The only reason why i write and think is to improve myself. No, not the only reason, but an important one.

new topics

top topics

join