It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I hurt someone very badly when I was younger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I only have a distant memroy of this, which has recently resurfaced. I'm not even sure why I'm posting it. To get it off my chest maybe?

Anyway, this is what happened to the best of my memory. i was about 8 or 9, and there was an underpass by the shops near my house. There was a little paved slope by the underpass, with alot of loose slabs on. I was dropping them over the underpass and watching them break and smash on the floor beneath. I let go of one, and just after i let go of it, a man and his young daughter, who must have been about 5 or 6, walked out from under me. The slab i had dropped hit the girl either on the head, or on the head and onto her shoulder. I remember her father looking up and screaming something in shock. I ran away as I was scared. And until now, had forgotten about it. I vaugley remember the police coming round. But I'm not sure if that really happened or not.

To think I could have killed a little girl, or horribly injured her, is something that I'm not sure if I'm ready to deal with. I need to find out what actually happened. But I don't know how. I don't really want to bring it up with my mum, we don't speak all that often anyway. And I don't want to open up old wounds for her, and she may not even know about it.

Facedwith this, what would you do? Cos I don't know. Advise me please.

[edit on 19/2/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I suppose there is always the chance of repressed memories, but it isn't likely. I would think at 8 or 9 this would be something you would remember vividly, especially considering the situation.

There is a fair chance that this was a dream (possibly recurring) or something you saw on TV or in a movie and somehow transposed it into your memories.

Regression hypnotherapy could probably narrow it down at least a little, but I don't know if that's something you're interested in.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I dunno, I do remember it vividly, now it's come to light. But I don't remember getting home. I just rembemer dropping it, seeing them and running away.

I hope you're right and it was a dream.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would also think if this really happened you would be able to find some news reports or something about it.

A little girl being hit by a falling slab of rock would be newsworthy anywhere, and there would be a record of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
To think I could have killed a little girl, or horribly injured her, is something that I'm not sure if I'm ready to deal with. I need to find out what actually happened. But I don't know how.

First, I agree with nyk that there would probably be news reports of it, especially if there was a local paper where you lived.

Second, I understand what you're saying about how hard it would be to deal with this knowledge. But it sounds clearly like if there was harm it was unintentional – that it was a terrible accident but not something you were guilty of in the sense of having planned it. If you're worried about having run away, I think that would be an absolutely natural reaction for a child.

Good luck with this.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The human mind can certainly block such a thing though...

Check the local news reports for the time in question. If there's nothing there, it's likely a dream/false memory...

Google on the city name, girl, rock and if there's something there, you should find it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Whats really weird is after I read through your post I had a flashback of myself doing something similiar to that. Just a one second flashback, not the same thing, but someone getting hurt by something I did.

I wonder if I repressed something that I did when I was younger. I am actually nervous right now, I don't even want to know what I did.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What year and where? Maybe some other members could help you research it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Town was Duntable,in Bedfordshire UK and I'm 31 now so if I was 8 or 9 it must be mid 80s some time. Outside the Lowther road shops. maps.google.co.uk...,-0.513793&spn=0.00352 4,0.008197&z=17 that link should work. Local paper is/was the dunstable gazette. Their website is www.dunstabletoday.co.uk...

Good luck!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would think you would have to go to the archives and look it up on microfilm at the actual paper. Otherwise you could call the paper and have someone research it for you. That many years ago probably isn't on the paper's internet archive.

top topics

join