It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sinked Chinese ship 2/18/09 headed for U.S., possible nuke onboard ?- video of sinking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i just watched a news segment on cctv-9 international about it. china english language channel.

it was very low key, the chinese are asking for an investigation from the russians and to keep looking for the missing crew.

only at the end was there mention of rumored gunfire.

from tvb, a station in hong kong, they say that the ship is involved with sub standard wheat smuggling and does say the russians fired on the ship.

doesn't seem to be a big deal here.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

The source is garbage, the video doesn't explain anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but Sorcha Faal is getting DESPERATE!! This is the most hilarious story I've ever heard in my life. There is a NUKE ON BOARD and the Russians shoot 500 ROUNDS (giant ship rounds) INTO THE SHIP?? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good god I haven't read anything this funny in ages on this site. This is why I love ATS.
God...this Sorcha Faal character, whoever it is, whosever pen name it is, needs to do standup comedy..he's worse than that infamous Iraqi Information Minister..you know this guy:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
that is twoo diffrent ships one is red and black the other is just black fake

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BetweenMyths

I don't hear any "rattle of gunfire" in the video. I see one flare being fired across the freighter (a good way to get someone's attention). It could even be the firing of a shot line (used to pull a larger, rescue line to the sinking vessel).

If there really was any gunfire it would take quite a bit more that 500 machine gun rounds to sink a freighter of that size. Possible the smugglers scuttled the ship to avoid having their cargo examined too closely.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yogi9969

In the first part of the video the ship is riding high in the water, its red bottom paint showing. Later it is lower in the water, the bottom paint below the waterline.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Russia Fired on Chinese Ship That Sank; Eight Missing (Update2)
www.bloomberg.com...

at least part of the storys true

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Maybe not smugglers then. Just rotten rice runners.
That would explain why it was riding so high in the water. They had just unloaded and were hightailing it. That could make it unstable in rough water.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
And dodgy sources!

Sorry but I'm not buying it.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

Yeah that sight is one of the few that are associated with Sorcha Faal.

Internet Hoax Queen.

There have been numerous stories posted by her that are false.

The ship did sink, the nuke part is what I call hoax on.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Russian news are reporting that the reason why the Russian Border Guards intercepted the ship was because it left the Russian port of Nakhodka without permission. In doing so the ship's crew was in violation of international law, and had to stop and return to port immediately when contacted by the border guards.

Legally speaking the Russian border ships had every right to fire on the vessel after it did not heed multiple warnings and flares. China or whoever operated that ship have no legal recourse against Russian.

What is not clear is what exactly caused the ship to sink. It is very very unlikely that flares, tracers, or even machinegun rounds could cause a ship of that size to sink. Far more plausible is that it sank due to bad weather conditions.

Either way the whole "nuke" thing is a very silly joke. And where the heck did they gather that the ship was heading for the US? Way to take a story and make it into a retarted soap opera. At the very most this involves some small time smugglers or traders trying to avoid paying trade duties.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by BetweenMyths

I don't hear any "rattle of gunfire" in the video. I see one flare being fired across the freighter (a good way to get someone's attention). It could even be the firing of a shot line (used to pull a larger, rescue line to the sinking vessel).

If there really was any gunfire it would take quite a bit more that 500 machine gun rounds to sink a freighter of that size. Possible the smugglers scuttled the ship to avoid having their cargo examined too closely.

It was 500 rounds from a 30MM cannon. Those things leave holes the size of beer cans in 3 inches of armor plating.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I don't doubt that they totally penetrated the hull and made that ship the equivalent of a strainer then a boat.

As for the nuke? Russia did say this ship was suspect of smuggling, but as to what the cargo was... sorchal fail has used his imagination as usual.

The official report, most likely drugs as smuggled content, or weapons.

Nuke thought? Who knows, maybe, but unlikely.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Looks like Sorcha Faal is still trying to build that shining reputation( For a resume to send to news corp?)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I wasn't aware of the size of the gun. Thanks.
Still sounds fishy though. I would think the hits would have to be below the waterline to allow enough water into the ship.

Oh well, maybe we'll learn more.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

What exactly do you expect to happen when you shoot a nuke with a bullet? Next to nothing will happen. You cannot set off a nuke with a bullet. What do you think happens when the missile defense system is activated to intercept an ISBM out of the sky? It destroys the nuke without a nuclear explosion. Is that a miracle to you?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You should never believe anything posted by Sorcha Faal. Secondly, this is a highly suspicious sinking. I used to work in martime law and also for the fishing industry. There are port protocols every captain has to obey. You have to notify them of your float plan when you will arrive and then notify them of your departure. This captain didn't do that. When I worked in martime law, there was a suit brought against a Russian merchant cargo vessel by a Navy spy. See Daley v. FESCO. Daley claimed Russia was using their merchant cargo vessels to spy on U.S. subs and lasered him in the eyes when he was photographing the spying. What we learned in discovery during that case is that there is a long history of governments using merchant cargo vessels for nefarious purposes. I can only guess that since the captain failed to follow basic port protocol, that he was hiding something and Russia sank them because they must have been hiding something very dangerous. I think there's a lot more to this story, but I simply don't buy that it was a nuke.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by rufusdrak

What exactly do you expect to happen when you shoot a nuke with a bullet? Next to nothing will happen. You cannot set off a nuke with a bullet. What do you think happens when the missile defense system is activated to intercept an ISBM out of the sky? It destroys the nuke without a nuclear explosion. Is that a miracle to you?

One of several things can happen:
1. the nuke explodes, killing the Russians with it
2. the ship sinks and there is now a live nuke at the RUSSIAN PORT (why would a Russian ship want to deliberately sink a live nuke in their own port or off their own coastline?)

I guess there's some people in the world that WOULD be stupid enough though to fire huge foot long 30mm shells into a ship carrying a nuke and take those chances. I surmise you're one of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You can't set off a nuke by shooting it with a gun. Even third graders know that buddy.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Also a report in the Wall Street Journal, but no mention of a nuke on board:
online.wsj.com...

On Thursday, Chinese deputy foreign minister Li Hui summoned Russia's ambassador to China, Sergei Razov, and said China was "shocked at and seriously concerned," Xinhua said. Interfax said the New Star, carrying a crew of 16 sailors from China and Indonesia, was fleeing border guards in the Sea of Japan when the shooting occurred. The guards were pursuing the ship because it had left the port of Nakhodka without notifying authorities, it said.

To me it's still amazing that you sink a ship because it "left without notifying port authorities". The nuke story migh be a bit overboard, but there is definitely more to this than what is reported.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Plus why would the Russians shoot to sink a ship carrying a nuke, sounds a bit dangerous?

I doubt they would really care if it were the case. It's not like the nuke would detonate from being shot at, and the seas are already all polluted to hell anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join