It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New user sayin hi, and i come with a question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hey guys..

Im very familiar with some of you guys, been reading forums on ATS for 3 years now, finally signed up...so Hi to all...

Then a question....why as soon as i signed up with ATS does this keep popping up from my web security guard.... ?

"abovetopsecret.com is downloading code segments from rockyou.com and rockyou has been reported as a dangerous phishing and malware site...

Was just wondering, because everytime i click a new link in abovetopsecret that pops up...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Never seen it, I have no pop up issues what so ever, and this is curious.

What else can you say on this?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I am looking into it as we speak, was hoping a moderator would perhaps be able to give us an answer in the mean time.

Edit....

Duh you are a moderator, didn't catch that

[edit on 19-2-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I know those mods, they have all the answers but seem to like holding that info to them selves, sneaky buggers...I have some thing for them though.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

This is the info i get from the rockyou.com site...

www.websecurityguard.com...

Edit to add:

Rockyou.com is a file/photo/code sharing site, so it is possible that it is only the user content on the site that could be dangerous, thats one possible reason.

But the fact it has been classified as a phishing site bothers me a bit.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Yeah, next thing you know they might serve their country or something

It may have something to do with embedded java code on some banner ads. I get similar warnings from time to time using Google Chrome as my browser.

So far I haven't had anything creep in enough to be detected during regular computer PM scans for virus and spy/malware. It could be some bad java code or sensitive settings but don't let my word be final on the matter.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
As soon as more of those lazy staffers get out of the break room and video lounge I will motivate them to help me figure this out.

Of course, this may take a little bit. As the last beer and boose run was on Semper, and he ditched us he said for a new taser....

He'll be back he said after the fun wears off.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

More than likely it's nothing serious, only reason i was concerned was the fact I have been coming to ATS for over 3 years now, it never popped up before.

Only once i signed up it start popping up on every page..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thats unheard of, no other complaints, and I havnt seen it.

What info can you give on OS and browser, stuff like that, it might be some thing in there.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Could be that some ATS user has linked his picture to Rockyou and the hence you are getting this message

top topics

join