It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury orders rancher to pay $77,804 to illegal aliens

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I think you are on the wrong thread. This thread is about Mexicans coming to America illegally and being a huge nuisance and the fact that illegals can now sue legal property owners for various things....and this property owner was sick and tired of the crap he was having to endure and did something about it.

Actually, it is about illegals coming to the USA. A lot of them come from South America, but they cross through Mexico and once they get here, they say that they are Mexican because 1) they look like Mexicans and 2) if they are sent back to "their country of origin" they will be sent to Mexico, which is closer than their real countries of origin and it's easier (and cheaper) for them to try to cross back into the USA.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think you people are too focused on the surface rather than the root of the problem.

Why are they even trespassing in the first place? I am absolutely sure that if they didn't have to , they would simply stay in their countries.

Instead of building those walls around yourselves and trying to keep the riches all for yourselves , you should try to change your mighty "american way of life" , so that it does not come at the expense of the rest of the world ... that is what I would say a few years back , but seeing as your economy is right now , maybe you will be the trespassers this time? Or maybe the whole world will suck , so there won't be tresspassers anymore anywhere!

I don't blame the guy for protecting his own property , but I do blame the american people as a whole for being ignorant on the real cause of the problem ... it is easy to say "but I have nothing to do with it , I am just keeping my country safe from those damm illegals" , when most do not even care or know why those "bastards" want in your "way of life". You are indirectly condoning what your leaders do to the rest of the world by staying ignorant.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas
I don't blame the guy for protecting his own property , but I do blame the american people as a whole for being ignorant on the real cause of the problem ... it is easy to say "but I have nothing to do with it , I am just keeping my country safe from those damm illegals" , when most do not even care or know why those "bastards" want in your "way of life". You are indirectly condoning what your leaders do to the rest of the world by staying ignorant.

Enlighten us.

But first, I'll remind you that being screwed by the IRS is part of the American way of life that the Illegals take no part in. If they wanted to, they'd apply for citizenship and get screwed the same as the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727eng
reply to post by Ridhya

No, It should not be legal for the maid to steal your clothes, but that same maid does not have the "right" to cross a border illegally either. If you caught that maid stealing your belongings in her country, what would you do?

I certainly wouldn't hold her at gunpoint!!!

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have no rights?? People should have rights in every country! Or when I go on vacation is it 'legal' that the room maid steal my clothes?

If you are there illegally, then no - they should not have any rights.

I am not saying for certain, but I doubt they any type of legal papers as they were crossing on this mans property.

You people are sick! Im not saying they're *allowed* to be there, but they're HUMAN BEINGS!!! Without any rights you can rape them with no recourse. Seriously. Think before you speak

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

But first, I'll remind you that being screwed by the IRS is part of the American way of life that the Illegals take no part in. If they wanted to, they'd apply for citizenship and get screwed the same as the rest of us.

You really don't have to be a citizen. You can merely apply for a legal resident card and then you will be obligated to pay taxes.

A lot of legal foreigners in the USA are only legal residents, not citizens.
But still legal.

And about the rancher, I am totally agains illegal aliens, whatever country in the world they're from, but I think that the judge was making an example of the rancher as a way to stop others from turning into vigilantes.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Here is a little more info on the rancher.

Pictures of illegal immigration invasion on Roger Barnett's ranch, Arizona

All about him

He was a Deputy Sheriff in the 60's.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by staple]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Your government could end the illegal immigrant issue instantly if it really wanted to.
It doesn't want to.
Why?
Because the strings are pulled in America by people with money who want to make more money, regardless of the consequences to ordinary citizens.

You all like it that way.
Quit griping or change it.
Just remember, you can't have it both ways. Either you become a kinder, gentler society based on mutual good, or remain a society of selfish me-firsters.

Which is it going to be?
Never mind, I think I already know.
You guys have the society you deserve, and it aint goin to get any better.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I can't wait to start suing people for mental distress for being foolish around me.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Just remember, you can't have it both ways. Either you become a kinder, gentler society based on mutual good, or remain a society of selfish me-firsters.

Which is it going to be?
Never mind, I think I already know.
You guys have the society you deserve, and it aint goin to get any better.

I could not agree more. I am all for a kinder gentler society. We breed too many cruel people and it's not caused by genetic defects....it's caused by bad example.

What country are you from? I hope not Canada cuz they ain't any better. I can provide the links to prove it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

don't worry mate, I am still working on my friends and neighbours up here
i am well aware of the shortcomings of my fellow Canadians and especially those that would emulate everything Texan if they could.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Try reading the article, nowhere does it say his house was broken into. Also his ranch is very large, I bet they didn't even know it was private property. This does not give him a right to threaten to shoot people in the back if they run away, even cops cant do that.

So like I stated before, he's just another redneck playing GI-Joe with his fake badge, guy got what he deserved.

The only infringement of rights here were that of the home owner. I hope you never have to contend with what this gentleman has endured for years.
Then again you would just grant them a free pass...
When one becomes "liable" for a criminals mental duress in and effort to detain and or apprehend him, while in the commission of a crime there is only one solution:

If they are in your house shoot em'
If they are in your yard....shoot em' and drag em' in your house.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Unbelievable and he has to pay them. That is what this country is coming to. People or should I say librals are more concerned with everybody else and themselves, rather then the integrity of US citizens and their rights. This will only get worse with these morons running the country.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretthug
reply to post by Phlegmi

What a Brain Surgeon (SMEGMA HEAD) AND WHEN THE ILLEGALS break into your house you going to share milk&cookies with them and if they throw you out of your Bed are you going to complain or let them have it and what ever else they want and don't you dare call the POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm milk and cookies... might save on ammo!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika

And about the rancher, I am totally agains illegal aliens, whatever country in the world they're from, but I think that the judge was making an example of the rancher as a way to stop others from turning into vigilantes.

Thanks for the clarification, and I believe you are right on this point here.

But hopefully this will not discourage people from working with the Border Patrol.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika

Thanks for the clarification, and I believe you are right on this point here.

But hopefully this will not discourage people from working with the Border Patrol.

ive never seena nyone answer this question, what is wrong with vigilantes? they stop the crimes that the police and the government cannot seem to control, they have to be their own law enforcement. this guy clearly made no violation of the US law by defending his property.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Leto

It's not illegal to hold a criminal until the Authorities arrive. He crossed the line if he really did assault anyone, but I'd like to hear all the circumstances until I pass judgment on whether or not it was assault.

WRONG!! Another person who knows no law. trespassing is NOT a ' criminal ' act!! It is a misdemeanor, akin to a civil infraction, and it is NOT legal to threaten or use DEADLY force to hold accused trespassers! SIMPLE

You cannot refute this; it is fact. It is the SAME thing as someone walking across your lawn; you cannot point guns at them and ' detain' them, and a cop cannot arrest someone for a misdemeanor they did not witness, so there! the rancher would have to go down and convince a judge to sign a warrant if there was trespassing, but the rancher cannot legally kidnap women, shove them around and threaten them with deadly force( the jury found he DID do these things) unless he wants to pay.

Are you allowed to shoot anyone that knocks on your front door just because years ago someone ELSE knocked on the door and did a home invasion on you? NO!! You cannot use past experience as an excuse for conduct that is illegal!

The rancher had NO right to assume anything...he assumed that the women were illegals, even though he had NO PROOF os such...he assumed that they were purposely trespassing instead of lost...he assumed he could kidnap, assault,threaten, etc..the women..and he lost.

I hope he loses his ranch the next time he picks on poor women and hassles them for a petty trespass situation...nd the fact that he was a COP years ago tells me all I need to know: He is like most cops...itching to abuse and use force on the helpless and weak. A former cop...no wonder the rancher used bad judgement and assualted women...he was just relying on how he and his cop pals acted in the past!!

If the rancher was within his rights and did nothing wrong, then a JURY of his PEERS would not have convicted him...but they did, and he will pay. Maybe if a few redneck ranchers had to lose all they have, we would see less of this garbage...leave the poor women alone and pick on a real ganster if you want to act tough...but the rancher doesn't have any guts. All he wants is glory and now he will pay.Good!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
wayneo the geese would be a good idea except they would probably get eat by the illegals. so replace the flock of geese with mines not anti personal instead of shrapenal they would spray you down with foul smelling fluoresent dye/

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

hmmm ... I wonder if someone could breed and train skunks to protect the trail?
sorry - I think we've gotten off topic here.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
WRONG!! Another person who knows no law. trespassing is NOT a ' criminal ' act!! It is a misdemeanor, akin to a civil infraction, and it is NOT legal to threaten or use DEADLY force to hold accused trespassers! SIMPLE

You've confused the words criminal and felony. Misdemeanors are still against the "law" and hence are CRIMES (Dictionary.com link)

You cannot refute this; it is fact. It is the SAME thing as someone walking across your lawn; you cannot point guns at them and ' detain' them, and a cop cannot arrest someone for a misdemeanor they did not witness, so there!

You have a citation for this so called fact? I tend not to believe anybody who ends a statement with something as juvenile as "so there!" And their crime was not "trespassing" and there was plenty of probable cause to believe they were Illegal Immigrants. people don't trespass in groups of 20+

I'm also fairly certain it's legal to hold trespassers if they're trespassing in order to commit a greater crime.

the rancher would have to go down and convince a judge to sign a warrant if there was trespassing, but the rancher cannot legally kidnap women, shove them around and threaten them with deadly force( the jury found he DID do these things) unless he wants to pay.

No he cannot legally kidnap or assault people, that's why he "detained" them.

Are you allowed to shoot anyone that knocks on your front door just because years ago someone ELSE knocked on the door and did a home invasion on you? NO!! You cannot use past experience as an excuse for conduct that is illegal!

I really should ignore this because of the lack of logic, nobody would get shot because they knocked on the door, but once they kicked that door in, they'd get a chest full of what ever caliber that was available. The ILLEGAL Immigrants were already committing a crime, and were subject to the laws of this country.

The rancher had NO right to assume anything...he assumed that the women were illegals, even though he had NO PROOF os such...he assumed that they were purposely trespassing instead of lost...he assumed he could kidnap, assault,threaten, etc..the women..and he lost.

There were men in the crowd too, Boo hoo the poor women, the women this, the women that. What happened to equality of the sexes? Assuming that the latest string of 20 in a 5+ year battle of THOUSANDS of people who were Illegal Immigrants using a popular path was a bad assumption?

It's called probable cause. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, lays eggs and floats around in a lake eating bread crumbs thrown to it by an elderly woman on a park bench, then it's probably a #ing duck.

I hope he loses his ranch the next time he picks on poor women and hassles them for a petty trespass situation...nd the fact that he was a COP years ago tells me all I need to know: He is like most cops...itching to abuse and use force on the helpless and weak. A former cop...no wonder the rancher used bad judgement and assualted women...he was just relying on how he and his cop pals acted in the past!!
Once again with you singling out the women; and biased against police. Now it all makes sense. Maybe i should report this post of yours, according to some judges you're guilty of libel.

If the rancher was within his rights and did nothing wrong, then a JURY of his PEERS would not have convicted him...but they did, and he will pay.

Because the system always works right? No guilty men have ever gone free or innocent men gone to jail? They found him guilty of assault which I agree, there is a line he may have crossed, but they're still illegal immigrants, subject to the laws of this country.

Maybe if a few redneck ranchers had to lose all they have, we would see less of this garbage...leave the poor women alone and pick on a real ganster if you want to act tough...but the rancher doesn't have any guts. All he wants is glory and now he will pay.Good!!

Your bias sickens me.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
Great, maybe he'll learn a lesson. It's time for these rednecks to stop playing GI-Joe and come back to reality. Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you can shove it in peoples faces and think you're some kind of a cop.

And just because you step foot on my property I have the right to shoot you if you do not leave and I feel threatened............ I don't care if you speak English or not - if your here illegally; you are here ILLEGALLY and you should be shot, tagged, then turned in -I am not a "Redneck" by definition but I can sure bring out the whoopa** to save my life - you call it RedNeck - I call it survival.

And if you step foot in a country that primarily speaks ENGLISH and you can't read the "NO TRESSPASSING" signs than it's your own fault and you should be shot..

Would any one of you go into another country, not know how they speak (or know how they speak and do nothing to learn the language) and expected to get treated fairly - especially if you came by way of illegal means??? Do you think they would give one rats hair?? Your can bet your tush they wouldn't

I am in reality - But one thing I will not be in is the “political BS reality” that we face on a daily basis in the U.S. - I am sick and tired of paying my hard earned money in taxes to give some illegal health care benefits when legal individuals in the U.S. pay taxes have a hard enough time getting health benefits…. Thos individuals should be deported back to where they came from……

It goes along the same lines as; Here in Virginia if you get caught driving with a dead inspection (dead inspection = driving illegally) and you get in an accident it’s your fault regardless of how it happened.. Only because if you had not been driving the car with the dead inspection the accident would not have happened..

So with that said – if the illegal’s never did step foot on his property this whole mess would never have happened = illegal’s are just that ILLEGAL..

And if that would have happened we would not have to play G.I. Joe with peoples lives who can't speak the language and have not riht even being on American soil.....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join