It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury orders rancher to pay $77,804 to illegal aliens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome, and the clarification on the citizens arrest. Oh boy do i know about the crazy opinions lol all i do is browse this site when im bored(which is alot of the time)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venom23cq
Thanks for the welcome, and the clarification on the citizens arrest. Oh boy do i know about the crazy opinions lol all i do is browse this site when im bored(which is alot of the time)

youw ill become addicted to this site too. every chance i get to get on this site just to bring down someones stupidly thought out argument, i do.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
granted, I don't know ALL the facts, but from what I've read, this is ABSOLUTELY NUTZ!!! What the heck was this Judge thinking??? Last time I checked, Trespassing is ILLEGAL... How can they be awarded financially for doing something ILLEGAL???

Oh, it's kind of like the new OBAMA ADMINISTRATION!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

This will be over turned. I live in Phoenix and people are talking. They are discussing how we are the kidnapping capitol of the world and how this case is rediculous. There is no way the decision will be upheld.

People I have talked to here are mad about the border issues, lack of promised border fence> They are talking about how these illegals have more rights than American's and cops just let them go even when they get into accidents with American mortorists and have no insurance or valid driving license. The gangs and drug dealing here are out of control. The drop houses with coyotes are being found daily. The County hired illegals through a landscaping company and this company even landscaped the Sheriff's own property(rediculous).

There are going to be some major changes coming, I can feel it and that might be why Mexico is getting out of control.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

when there are people on your property , killing your animals, damaging your property and stealing your supplies then i think you have a right to attempt to stop them and not just hide in your cupboard and wait for them to hopefully leave .

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

No, It should not be legal for the maid to steal your clothes, but that same maid does not have the "right" to cross a border illegally either. If you caught that maid stealing your belongings in her country, what would you do?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
poor guy, i'd be so pissed.
what is our country devolving into?

nevermind our misguided friends from the north, they dont know what its like to have streams of illegals destroying their property, killing their livestock, buglarizing thier homes. Not to mention what they do to the cities they eventually squat in.

i'd file an appeal, countersuit and file a lawsuit against the government for failing to enforce the law

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Your geese would be taken and eaten by the illegals. Then you would be out that money, and very upset. Do you think you could take them to court and seek recovery/monetary damages?...

If you decided to keep putting geese out there, and then stopped because it was too expensive, perhaps you would be happy to be brought to court because you caused those poor illegals mental distress at not having any more food from your property?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Try crossing the border into Mexico, bring a few hundred of your friends,trash a ranchers property, then when he comes out with a gun, ( If he has'nt shot you yet), demand to see the police, file a complaint, Then take him to court and sue him! I wonder what the result would be? I will wager that you won't come home with a big settlement

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think it's time for everyone to wake up. Any agency which Governs our lives aren't here to protect us. They are all Corporate businesses and the only order of their agenda is to produce revenue.

Laws and statutes are continuously manipulated and serve only to opress, enslave and rape us of our rights and property.

They just robbed us blind (750 billion bailout) Now we have a stimulus or 787 billion. These people have violated every moral and ethic law not to mention criminal laws that they themselves have passed and are NEVER held accountable.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of contributing everything I have into society and receiving nothing in return. I'm tired of some illegal law breaking scum to proffit from breaking the law. I'm tired of being treated like a criminal in the country I was born in.

What more does it take, Honestly?What more does it take for our American people to stand up to this tyranny, hypocritical, double standard , self serving, manipulative man made law serving system?

[edit on 19/2/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If I was the rancher, after the verdict, I would tell the jury that they just sealed the fate of any future travelers because I would have a big hole ready to go and from then on they would not have to worry about any "emotional distress" ever again!

No one will ever know what happened because they have no papers and I have lots of land.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

This rancher was hassling CRIMINALS... I hope the next group shows up on your property.

I was wondering something very simular. Would all these folks advocating the rights of illegals still be doing so if this was their property and livelyhood being infringed upon? Would they just be sitting back and letting these folks commit crimes against them? What would it be like?: "Oh y'all just go on ahead and move on through my land and do whatever you all wanna do, it's your right after all. I'll just repair that fence for the 2000th time, since y'all seem to like tearing it down on your way to wherever it is you all go." Please. I seriously doubt they would be singing the same tune they are now if some of the people from this website showed up at their homes and started trashing the place, defacating and urinating on their lawns, and throwing our trash all over their stuff. I am sure, by their own stated ideologies, that they would shake our hands and even open their doors to let us in to do so.

Chrono

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
wow at all the comments

almost everyone in this thread is completely lost
this type of thinking is what will make america sink

some of you are angrier than the anger you have towards the bailout program and stimulus bills, which makes no sense whatsoever

stop talking about illegals and only focus on border security

you will all be the reason for your economy's own demise
wake up man

like wow, looking at this thread it's like it's cool to be a redneck now or something

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have no rights?? People should have rights in every country! Or when I go on vacation is it 'legal' that the room maid steal my clothes?

If you are there illegally, then no - they should not have any rights.

I am not saying for certain, but I doubt they any type of legal papers as they were crossing on this mans property.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here's a PERSONAL experience I had when I ended up around a border town (I'll try to keep this short):

I am on disability for my back. I made the utmost *stupid* decision to try to go live cheap in Mexico and see if my back wouldn't mend while I Basically tried for the simple, easy life for awhile. I drove from NC to Brownsville, TX

I didn't know what I was getting into.

If any of you know that place- then I am just reiterating the obvious. I ended up in HELL- literal hell for 4 months. I was denied any and all benefits. The SOBs at the post office witheld my check for weeks- finding it to be hilarious. I'd walk in for it- they'd(Mexicans) smile at each other, tell me it hadn't shown up yet. (SSI checks have NEVER been late. EVER.). Housing Was a complete and total insanity- I was lied to, lied to some more- and when I looked the (Mexican) straight in the eye and asked him "Sir, have you ever bene homeless before?" He threw me out with threats to call the police. I was beaten. Followed. Robbed. Ridiculed publicly. I went thru a park- (Mexicans) were pulling xmas tree lights off the strands and throwing them at me. I was treated like a criminal. WORSE than a criminal. I saw S#*^ That'd turn a nerd white. And it wasn't just me- I met a black guy who'd been there a little too long. He had gone around the final bend- they way he was treated was.... unbelievable. Anyone- ANYONE Mexican was treated preferentially- white, black, anything else- you were nothing. You were gonna die- and it was gonna be quite ok- for them. This was in Brownsville, BTW. The whole town is a giant ghetto. I ended up going to the zoo- it was the ONLY safe spot in the city. Ok.. it wasn't. I watched Mexicans:
abuse the animals. Vandalize everything they couldn't steal. I was witness to a whole family that tried to break into a souvenir cart. I watched another family literally shove a young lady with an artificial arm out of their way. She was white. She bowed her head and mumbled 'excuse me'. I almost beat both parties- I was so mad. Her for just submitting like that- and the animals who did what they did.

The US govt lets these things into our country. They lie, cheat, steal, vandalize, ruin lives, hurt, kill, destroy, take our tax money- and then do this to someone who had basically the same crap happen to him ON his own property, yet... AND SUE HIM.

I left out a few items- but you get the picture. It's time to take back OUR country, before we're ALL submitting to Mexicans. I mean it. I saw a chilling view of the future down there.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
If you are there illegally, then no - they should not have any rights.

I am not saying for certain, but I doubt they any type of legal papers as they were crossing on this mans property.

out of curiosity
what if these illegals had children
would those children have rights after being born here?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So I guess the president has been set. You should just shoot and kill them if they are on your property and you feel as if you are in danger. Then they cant sue, hey I like this better anyway

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Obviously I have to repeat myself. I am a Spanish speaking immigrant to the US. And I do not believe, outside of Habeas Corpus and Due Process, that illegals should have the right to sue an American protecting his property from illegals who traffic drugs, and smuggle weapons and people to and from Mexico. You can call them victims all you want, but you have never been confronted by 20-30 people in the dark who may or many not have good intentions. I draw weapons and hold them until BP or the local sheriff can get there.

I love Americans who ignore laws that my family and I followed to get here. And we're POLITICAL REFUGEES. It was easier for us and we still waited the ten years. You wanna talk about victims? How about my mother and father? Who are Cuban ex-pats and fought tooth and nail in a crap hole like Costa Rica for 10 years, enduring homelessness, hunger, and disease for ten years, and dragging my brother and I along for the ride before we got the OK and were flown here.

That's a sacrifice. The fact that Mexicans won't reform their own country to achieve a standard of living comparable to ours is NOT our fault and we shouldn't have to pick up their pieces. The government is so corrupt that they are fighting with, and against narco-terrorists. When people don't take care of their own country, then that is what you wind up with.

This is not to say that I don't have sympathy for the plight of the illegal alien worker, I do. But I can draw from my own experience to say that suffering like this takes place around the world. Suffering is no excuse to break the law, but it is an excuse to demand change of your own country. And if you feel that you can't do that, move to another country, like the US. LEGALLY.

Edit to Add:

And I'm a social liberal. But I speak legalese and recommend that you do too.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
wow at all the comments

wow indeed, you would think with this kind of support for the rancher the jury would have done the right thing.

almost everyone in this thread is completely lost

how so? i think your problem is your inability to put yourself in the property owners shoes. WHAT IF THIS WAS HAPPENING TO YOU???

this type of thinking is what will make america sink

you mean like enforcing not only immigration laws but individual property rights as well ?
what will make america sink is having to pay for a whole segment of society who care not for the laws and property they trample upon.

you will all be the reason for your economy's own demise
wake up man

maybe but when we are driven away by invaders from the south dont be mad when we immigrate to YOUR country. im sure you will welcome us with open arms when we bring our gun lovin yeehawwing culture with us.. right?

like wow, looking at this thread it's like it's cool to be a redneck now or something

you make me laugh man, it matters not if the man is a "redneck" RIGHT IS RIGHT. i'd be saying the same thing even if it was YOU.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join