It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury orders rancher to pay $77,804 to illegal aliens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
*Sigh*

Well looks like we're gonna start hearing more and more about illegals being shot and buried in shallow graves in the desert... Or maybe a surge in pig farms near the border...

On second thought we probably won't "hear" about it... but I'd bet it will start...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
firstly LOL at the OP, no offense
the quote in the first post from the article is strategically not the first few lines.
well played OP

Secondly, you all are wayy offff.
Fighting and inflicting physical violence on illegals will not help the situation
that's just addressing the symptoms of the problems, and that's america's problem
always only addressing the symptoms
you should instead only focus on why the govt. has horrible border control
Seriously, that's the end of it

It's funny that no one addressed the root of the problem

Originally posted by eNumbra
He did call the cops, but if he hadn't detained them the offenders would have likely gotten away. He is not a vigilante he is a TRUE AMERICAN.

He is a vigilante, there was also counts of battery and assault.
If he had a weapon why would any physical violence be needed?
The fine he has to pay is insufficient, he should be in jail.

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I wonder what would have happened if we had been trespassing on their land for all of those years? Just saying.

ummm.... are you serious?
There are over 800 military bases in over 140 countries
Do you even know how many foreign lands the united states is stepping into at the moment?
Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that statement?

There is no country ON THIS PLANET that is tresspassing the most than the United States of Invaders!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The fine he has to pay is insufficient, he should be in jail.

Suppose one of those detained wouldn't get on his knees and wait to be picked up, suppose he kept getting closer to the rancher and the rancher took a second thought about shooting the man. So he introduced the man to the stock of the gun.

He didn't take the law into his own hands, he essentially made a citizens arrest, which is not vigilantism.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Suppose one of those detained wouldn't get on his knees and wait to be picked up, suppose he kept getting closer to the rancher and the rancher took a second thought about shooting the man. So he introduced the man to the stock of the gun.

He didn't take the law into his own hands, he essentially made a citizens arrest, which is not vigilantism.

Dude, what was the point of this post?
it's full of maybes, I can't even counter-argument this
because hearsay is not an argument

suppose this suppose that

Suppose Santa Claus and Elvis where also there with m16s lol

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
guess he didn't want his land to look like this:
www.snopes.com...
Here's a great site to send free faxes and to stand up for American Citizen Rights.
www.numbersusa.com...

www.numbersusa.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Dude, what was the point of this post?

If you know something of the charges against him you should share them instead of an empty argument like "well if they charged him he must be guilty right?".

He threatened them with his dog according to the article, that's not assault.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Threatened them with his dog? Yep, that's assault. :shk:

These were illegals on his land. He has the right to protect his property and his life.

Watch....this will probably open the door for civil suits in the future for criminals who are stopped by homeowners in the act of breaking and entering, robbery, etc., etc.

What about the emotional distress that was inflicted on the rancher? These illegals have turned his world upside down and effected his life, but he is the one that has to pay for it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter

guess he didn't want his land to look like this:
www.snopes.com...

LOLLLLL

the first statement on that page is
"how can anyone doubt the USA is being invaded"

with all the illegal invasions the USA has been doing how can Americans have the audacity to make such a hypocritical statement?
Especially when the land you speak of was acquired through an invasion?

It makes absolutely no sense
There is absolutely no sense of accountability with people with this thinking.

But at least you have the right direction though
talk to you elected officials instead of holding a rifle and screaming yeeeeehawww

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"Suppose Santa Claus and Elvis where also there with m16s"
I have a feeling the next time they probably will be there; don't know about the m16's but ya never know...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Threatening with a dog is fifth-degree assault my friend
do your homework!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I wonder what would have happened if we had been trespassing on their land for all of those years? Just saying.

ummm.... are you serious?
There are over 800 military bases in over 140 countries
Do you even know how many foreign lands the united states is stepping into at the moment?
Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that statement?

There is no country ON THIS PLANET that is tresspassing the most than the United States of Invaders!

Yes I am well aware as to how many foreign lands the US is stepping on at this moment.
I know what the United States has done to the rest of the world.
We are ruthless.

However, this is about one rancher who on his property has had continual influx of the same problem - for 10 years.
Can we not make him solely responsible for what the
US has done to the rest of the world?
This isn't about the Military.
So - No - I don't want to rephrase it.
I just want you to not take it out of its original context.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Personally, if I were in Tucson, I would kindly post the names and addresses of all members of this jury and judge everywhere around town and on the border. Let the illegals know exactly where they can go to raid pantries, get a hot shower, etc...

Hey, if its good enough for a rancher on the border, should be good enough for those punishing him.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

do your homework!

In what state? You want to source that for me so I can read it myself?
All I can find is what it lists for Minnesota.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by eNumbra]

Azleg.gov

A. A person commits assault by:
1. Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing any physical injury to another person; or
2. Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury; or
3. Knowingly touching another person with the intent to injure, insult or provoke such person.
B. Assault committed intentionally or knowingly pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 is a class 1 misdemeanor. Assault committed recklessly pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 or assault pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 2 is a class 2 misdemeanor. Assault committed pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 3 is a class 3 misdemeanor.

#2 "Don't move or I'll release my dog" is not "I'm going to release my dog" It is not immediate danger. and this is moot, since they were TRESPASSING.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

Un-flippin-believable!!!! The judical system hard at work here people, making sure to do thier part in tearing down the CITIZEN's rights in this country.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I understand what you are saying
and I can empathize

however 800 bases in over 140 countries is just too large a number

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

do your homework!

In what state? You want to source that for me so I can read it myself?
All I can find is what it lists for Minnesota.

he isnt going to post proof, he is from canada and seems to think canadian law is the law of the world..

the guy had every right to defend his land from incursions that have been going on for years.

a vigilante is a hero, whether they stop crime or stop illegals. great example something even an idiot could understand. Batman. seen by police as a vigilante, they denounce him in public but love the work he is doing for the police.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
edit: Hit quote instead of edit

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This has nothing to do with the military and their bases throughout the world. This has nothing to do with the atrocities our ancestors committed against the Native Americans, it really sucks that it happened, but I'm pretty darn sure the same exact thing happened in Canada.

This is about a persons right to protect their property and life. This is about the fact that people who enter our country illegally now apparently have more rights than citizens.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Vigilante IMO.

Here is a story in his own words of a different incident.

Once he catches them, Barnett radios the border patrol to cart them off his land. "You always get one or two that are defiant," says Barnett, who chuckles, remembering an incident a few weeks back. "One fellow tried to get up and walk away, saying we're not Immigration. So I slammed him back down and took his photo. 'Why'd you do that?' the illegal says, all surprised. 'Because we want you to go home with a before picture and an after picture – that is, after we beat the s___ outta you.' You can bet he started behavin' then."

uts.cc.utexas.edu...

Would this amount to assault? The guy tried to walk away and he slammed him to the ground.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Of course it happened in Canada
but as my AV implies i'm not a white caucasian

and to the poster saying im canadian, yes but I live here now
I was born in NY

thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join