It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury orders rancher to pay $77,804 to illegal aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
"Emotional distress"

are you efin kidding me

so people can now claim money over emotional distress

what the hell

emotional distress is a part of life, it helps us grow and become stronger in other situations

and now people can claim money for it

also are i guess we are the type of society that sees money as the ultimate cure for everything including emotional distress

how is it that money helps in the emotional distress, this is ridiculous,

human rights are going way to far

people are getting way to comfortable in the system

if this is the case i might as well sue every girl i was too nervous to talk to because she gave me emotional distress, and all those roller coaster rides,
dont even forget those teachers who made me present in front of the class, man i could make a living off of this.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

barney frank forced banks to loan a lot of money to poor people that couldnt afford it, maybe they should sue him for emotional distress

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 19-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Of course we have idiots in Canada, believe it or not I think Canadas population went over the 1000 mark a couple years ago....

Just because we have idiots up here doesn't give you an excuse to act like one.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben420
reply to post by Swatman

Of course we have idiots in Canada, believe it or not I think Canadas population went over the 1000 mark a couple years ago....

Just because we have idiots up here doesn't give you an excuse to act like one.

i didnt really mean it, it was a joke, but seriously if people like him cant contribute something ON topic to this, he shouldnt be posting or his post should be taken down

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So, lemme get this straight. He has the constitutional right to kill them. He just can't cause them emotional distress?

I bet he wont make that mistake again.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Instead of getting angry and spitting. The question here I want answered is, on what grounds do they have any rights or emotional distress? How is it a non -citizen can sue for rights and emotional stress.
That question needs to be seriously answered, and that is the law that needs to be fought and changed.
continuously arguing over whether this guy had rights to protect his property or not is mute. There are several sides to this, he has a right to be angry and protect his property, but he doesn't have the right to attack every member of a social group just because they are the same color.

Again, can anyone find the information on how these people won? I am very curious.... That is where the issue lies right now.

On a personal note. I read they were dissappointed on the outcome. They were just out to make money.

People who are pushing an agenda don't want to make money, they want a law passed instead. So since they were dissappointed in the payout, it could very well have been a setup.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
So, lemme get this straight. He has the constitutional right to kill them. He just can't cause them emotional distress?

I bet he wont make that mistake again.

thats why he purchased a brand new M82 .50 cal sniper rifle

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
A lot of us who had ancestors which were here when the evil white man came and raided our land.....we've gotten over it. :shk:

We need to quit living in the past and deal with the present.

I COMPLETELY agree, we need to live in the present
In the present where the same thing is happening in Iraq that happened to the natives of this continent.

They called the natives savages as motivation to kill them and promote anti-native sentiment
now they call them towel heads or sand $%^$(n word) to invade iraq.

Soo..............

how can we forget when the same thing is happening today?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I think you are on the wrong thread. This thread is about Mexicans coming to America illegally and being a huge nuisance and the fact that illegals can now sue legal property owners for various things....and this property owner was sick and tired of the crap he was having to endure and did something about it.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 19-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by skeptic1
A lot of us who had ancestors which were here when the evil white man came and raided our land.....we've gotten over it. :shk:

We need to quit living in the past and deal with the present.

I COMPLETELY agree, we need to live in the present
In the present where the same thing is happening in Iraq that happened to the natives of this continent.

They called the natives savages as motivation to kill them and promote anti-native sentiment
now they call them towel heads or sand $%^$(n word) to invade iraq.

Soo..............

how can we forget when the same thing is happening today?

really? i thought we went into iraq to find "WMD"??? i guess i forgot the part of Bush's speech where he said, "lets kill them Sand negros"

link   

Originally posted by Swatman

thats why he purchased a brand new M82 .50 cal sniper rifle

The one with groovy night optics

sweet

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is so wrong. The illegals were breaking the law by crossing the border, they were also breaking the law by trespassing on private land. Not to mention conspiracy charges related to creating a group whose common interest was to secretly infiltrate into the country. I cannot believe any court would award money to illegal aliens. They do not belong there. They should not have the right to sue somebody who does belong here.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
really? i thought we went into iraq to find "WMD"??? i guess i forgot the part of Bush's speech where he said, "lets kill them Sand negros"

really?
Guess you missed the part where they admitted themselves that there were no WMDs in Iraq but decided to stay there for another few years anyhow! And hey while we are there might as well build a massive military embassy as huge as the vatican.

ummmm... do you keep up with the news any?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Can we get back to the topic of the illegals and this rancher who now has to pay them for emotional distress???

I still stand by the fact that this was private property, the illegals had no right to be there, and the rancher has the right to protect his property.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What about HIS emotional distress of dealing with this every day.
If I had people on my property every day I would be distressed worried about my kids safety and mine!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The sad part is, if that rancher files charges against illegals for doing something to his property they probably either wouldn't bother showing up for the trial or just shrug off any settlement and walk away. But since they had nothing to lose they got some probably free advice and played the legal lottery and won, Too bad for the rancher.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
With any luck this will be appealed as high as possible, his attorney believes he's got a good basis for at least two of them, so it sounds like he'll definitely be working for them.

Hopefully this bull# won't stand for long.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think there's only one thing to say

did he ever try calling the cops?

I mean what will detaining them do?
Others will come anyhow

this is a vigilante, it's that simple

he needs to be prosecuted, imprisoned and made an example of!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here in America we have the right to protect our property. If someone mugs you, and you kick his ass, you don't go to jail for assault (unless you are in an excessively liberal state and you "go too far"), he detained ILLEGAL immigrants who were TRESPASSING on his property until the proper authorities did arrive to take them away.

He did call the cops, but if he hadn't detained them the offenders would have likely gotten away. He is not a vigilante he is a TRUE AMERICAN.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wonder what would have happened if we had been trespassing on their land for all of those years? Just saying.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join