It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury orders rancher to pay $77,804 to illegal aliens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

The thing is, they don't want our way of life, they want our benefits and their way of life.

Not being at the front of the problem, it is hard to see what is going on.

Every single day we see these people come pick up their checks, in gap clothes and nice bags, their kids are dressed better then mine. They speak english till the second they see a spanish speaker, then they can't speak english. They get their free medical care, at the cost of 150$ an hour for a medical translator, they collect their checks, and I hear them talking smack about the very Americans who just paid for their well-being. Then we see them get into their brand new SUVs.

The clog the emergency rooms, that they don't have to pay for, but we do. That is why it now costs about 2k dollars for a trip to the ER.

Last fall, we thought my mom was having a stroke, when we got to the ER, it was a 7 hour wait. when they came out to announce the wait, God strike me down if I am lying, about 25 hispanics got up and walked out.

Dropping the wait to 4 hours.

Being a gov't agency, we are usually a bunch of bleeding heart liberals, but there is not one person in that office who won't spit and tell you how badly these people work the system.

They bring crime, are offensive.

A few months ago we were at the mall, for some reason it was insanely crowded, people were waiting 30 minutes for parking spots. A couple of cars including us, we followed some Hispanic looking folks to their cars. It was gonna be a duke out. I am not kidding, they all looked at every person waiting for those spots, got in, and then reclined their seats back and laid down.

Others left, my husband yelled at them, we found our back window smashed out later.

THAT my friend, is what Americans witness every single day.

Just need a hand? We have turned our eyes away for decades and decades and not said a word.

But now, we extend our hands out, get it slapped, and are given an attitude for not holding out enough.

And I could tell you a dozen stories.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

What makes it America's responsability to suppport mexico and other peoples at the expence of our well being?
NOTHING ...
America brings in a Large but crtain amount of immigrents yearly. I love people and feel for their plight BUt as I have said before; We CanNot Afford them. We just can't.
Immigration Numbers Rise — Environment Suffers
View Roy Beck's celebrated presentation of U.S. Census population growth projections below.
www.numbersusa.org...
Plus it isn't our job; we have Enough to take care of...
It pi$$es me off greatly that a Citizen protecting His Own Property from Illegal alien Tresspassers gets Fined!!!!! One would think he would get kudos instead.
CRIME VICTIMS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS
www.immigrationshumancost.org...

Thanks To Illegal Immigrants Most Federal Offenders Are Latino
www.judicialwatch.org...
HISPANIC LEADERS SPEAK OUT!
Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets: "Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. ….. Through love of having children, we are going to take over
www.newnation.org...
Aztlan Rising
video.google.com...

Don't think this is not a planned invasion andwe better be fighting it tooth and nail if you love your country .
Illegals should have NO RIGHTS iN AMERICA WHATSOEVER EXCEPT TO LEAVE .....
The High Cost of Cheap Labor
Illegal Immigration and the Federal Budget

Executive Summary
www.cis.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

American have the RIGHT to defend and protect themselves and personal property.
"...illegal immigrants from crossing his property.", "...after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home." (source:www.abovetopsecret.com...)

As far as I am concerned this man was JUSTIFIED. Let someone come to your property and destroy it, kill your animals, and the BIGGEST-burglarize your home... And then let them CONTINUALLY do it.

I ask you : now what would you do?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by Leto

It's not illegal to hold a criminal until the Authorities arrive. He crossed the line if he really did assault anyone, but I'd like to hear all the circumstances until I pass judgment on whether or not it was assault.

WRONG!! Another person who knows no law. trespassing is NOT a ' criminal ' act!! It is a misdemeanor, akin to a civil infraction, and it is NOT legal to threaten or use DEADLY force to hold accused trespassers! SIMPLE

You cannot refute this; it is fact. It is the SAME thing as someone walking across your lawn; you cannot point guns at them and ' detain' them, and a cop cannot arrest someone for a misdemeanor they did not witness, so there! the rancher would have to go down and convince a judge to sign a warrant if there was trespassing, but the rancher cannot legally kidnap women, shove them around and threaten them with deadly force( the jury found he DID do these things) unless he wants to pay.

Are you allowed to shoot anyone that knocks on your front door just because years ago someone ELSE knocked on the door and did a home invasion on you? NO!! You cannot use past experience as an excuse for conduct that is illegal!

The rancher had NO right to assume anything...he assumed that the women were illegals, even though he had NO PROOF os such...he assumed that they were purposely trespassing instead of lost...he assumed he could kidnap, assault,threaten, etc..the women..and he lost.

I hope he loses his ranch the next time he picks on poor women and hassles them for a petty trespass situation...nd the fact that he was a COP years ago tells me all I need to know: He is like most cops...itching to abuse and use force on the helpless and weak. A former cop...no wonder the rancher used bad judgement and assualted women...he was just relying on how he and his cop pals acted in the past!!

If the rancher was within his rights and did nothing wrong, then a JURY of his PEERS would not have convicted him...but they did, and he will pay. Maybe if a few redneck ranchers had to lose all they have, we would see less of this garbage...leave the poor women alone and pick on a real ganster if you want to act tough...but the rancher doesn't have any guts. All he wants is glory and now he will pay.Good!!

i would like to point out to everyone that people like this ^^^ have absolutely no knowledge of the law, or self defense because these same people have been picked on their whole lives.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is incredible. Its very irritating to hear that you can trespass on someones property and then take them to court. I agree with a previous post: if they werent breaking the law then there would be no emotional stress to deal with. You have to be resonsible for your actions/consequences. That is part of being human.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
""WRONG!! Another person who knows no law. trespassing is NOT a ' criminal ' act!! It is a misdemeanor, akin to a civil infraction, and it is NOT legal to threaten or use DEADLY force to hold accused trespassers! SIMPLE""

Your right it is "Simple" it's called Self-defense!! Especially when the other party can't utter a word cause he/She's full of lead.....

I don't care who you are - anybody, anywhere, anytime; if you come on my property, theive from me, with me fearing for my life - Your arse is going to be full of buck shot......

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This guy really should sue the US Gov for emotional distress. If his ranch borders mexico, I can only imagine what his property looks like and the stress he's had to endure. To give you an example, my father-in-law used to hunt those little deer they have in Arizona 20+ years ago in the desolate area south of Tucson. He said back then it was pristine and virtually undisturbed. He moved to that area recently and decided to go see where he used to hunt, and he said that as far as the eye could see, there was trash everywhere. Backpacks, shoes, clothes, water bottles, food wrappers.. everything those filthy illegals brought with them to get them across the border. Then when they got close to Tucson, they'd just toss all that stuff out in the desert and make our country look like it's downwind from a landfill. Which I guess if the wind is blowing north, it is.

I wouldn't pay them a nickel. Let them hire an enforcement agent to collect, and if they do, file for bankruptcy or transfer all his assets to a trusted family member - whatever legal maneuvering he can do to keep them from getting one nickel.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop

""WRONG!! Another person who knows no law. trespassing is NOT a ' criminal ' act!! It is a misdemeanor, akin to a civil infraction, and it is NOT legal to threaten or use DEADLY force to hold accused trespassers! SIMPLE""

Your right it is "Simple" it's called Self-defense!! Especially when the other party can't utter a word cause he/She's full of lead.....

I don't care who you are - anybody, anywhere, anytime; if you come on my property, theive from me, with me fearing for my life - Your arse is going to be full of buck shot......

good, there needs to be more people like you in the US. the other half seems to love being trampled on by these people.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Looks like its time for him to start a new business.
raising and training guard dogs

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I tend to be broadminded, or at least fair in my contributions and comments, but with this post I just cant get my small brain to comprehend why the rancher has to even appear in court. It takes too much stretching for me to see how an illegal entry, non-citizen, non-applicant, tresspasser person/group have citizen rights? One can take this case along many paths to extremely absurd situations and outcomes which, though unbelieveable, would be upheld in court. Sorry, and I truly wish the best for Mexico's poor, but the accusations directed at the rancher are so much......

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
For what it's worth, the illegals pretty much lost their case. I don't know why folks are going on like Barnett lost the case. He did not. It was almost all thrown out:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

The only thing that stood up was emotional distress, and that is being appealed, and will probably be thrown out as well from all indications.

They sued for 32 million. They said he had to pay 77k of that, but mostly will not have to pay a cent. I think that most realize this guy is doing a lot more than even our own security forces on the border. Imo, the 77k was a token gesture to Mexico, nothing more, but will be dismissed as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

How/Why in the World it was Allowed to go to court infuriates me!
An Illegal alien criminal gets to take an American Citizen to court! Can we take a mexican citizen to court in mexico after doing what this parasite did?

HogSh!t ...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Looks like the jury opened the doors for every illegal alien to collect. Now this rancher is going to have more trouble on his hands. Now every illegal alien is going to cross his ranch land to sue him ; not to mention other ranchers as well . What was this jury thinking?

Our boarders are broken the system has failed. It should be time to put the states national guards’ on rotational patrol. This broken system has gone on far too long. I don’t give “snip” about how this will threaten any policies\ relations we have with Mexico. Something has to be done and fast. This illegal border crossing going to reach even more epic proportions in no time ,now that every Mexican knows that they can sue.

Other point that 77 thousand dollars going to Mexico and they did not even have to work for it.

My wifes school district is getting sued by a mexican family stating their kids are not getting the right education. WTH. is going on here . yes there kids are amereican and the parants are illegel aliens, and their suing the school.

For those of you who do not live in a border state. I do. I pay more money because of illegal’s than the rest of you.
I pay an extra $100 in property taxes now so Mexicans can get medical care at the hospital for free. No joke. This sucks.

My new air conditioner was almost ripped off for scrap metal. Cost me time and money to repair the damage. Yes, all 6 of them escaped in a pickup truck. My house was robbed by two Mexicans. They were caught. Now doing 6 years. Then back to Mexico to only come back again. They hit my Labrador dog with something when broke into. Now she hates Mexicans. I swear this lab does not like Mexicans. She will bite anyone who looks like their Mexican . I kid you not.

I get Mexicans knocking on my door for work at least 3 times a week.
Countless times that my property was damaged from Mexicans lots of trash. Beer bottles etc. They get mad when you don’t have yard work for them , then mess up your yard.

This all stopped. I now got another large dog. togeather they make a good team. Also put up some tall block walls. For 3000K

Plain and simple we are being invaded.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by SJE98]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

I think, as several people have mentioned that if the illegals are smart
(yeah right) they should steer clear of that place and those even close to that place
It would be easy for certain "tresspassers" to disappear.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

Well, in this one's view, this is just stupid. Why should American citizens be charged with such a nonsense like this. What the American citizens should be aware of is the the take over of this country by an unjust and criminal justice system. This is not about anything less than money. We all know who will benefit from this type of justice...you got it, the lawyers. And of course, lawyers will take care of their own. If this new administration is concerned about "change", it should start with our so-called legal system, which is certainly one of the most corrupt in world.
The United States of America has become "the united states of the rich".north

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The guy was out of line. He had no legitimate right to *hold* people on his property at gunpoint. He had a right to demand that they leave. He had a right to call the authorities and have them arrested. But he had no right to keep them there at gunpoint.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Please remember:

Feel free to discuss what happened and the overall topic; however...

We NEVER Communicate Threats of Violence on ATS

Semper

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join