It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli troops enter Gaza, rockets fired back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Israeli troops enter Gaza, rockets fired back

www.news.com.au

PALESTINIAN militants fired rockets and mortars at southern Israel, the Israeli army said, just hours after troops reportedly were involved in a firefight when they briefly entered Gaza.
Two rockets and two mortar shells were fired from the Gaza Strip causing no damage or casualties, a military spokesman said.

Early today, helicopter-backed Israeli troops and tanks entered the Palestinian enclave and exchanged fire in Gaza City before withdrawing, witnesses said. The armoured vehicles entered the Gaza capital after anti-tank rockets were fired at them, the witnesses said. No casualties were reported.

The renewed violence came as Egypt sought to broker a lasting ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, the Islamist rulers of the Gaza Strip.

Cairo's efforts hit a snag yesterday when Israel's security cabinet voted to make a truce conditional on the release of Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier seized by Gaza militants in a deadly cross-border raid in June 2006.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I really hope this is not going to heat up again. Further along in the article it states that Hamas is asking for borders that have been closed since 2007 to be opened for a truce to happen.

In all honesty I feel the Israelis and the militant Palestinians are as bad as one another. There is no right or wrong side.

Why should Israel be subjected to suicide bombings? Why should Gazans be caged like animals and denied freedom ?

These people are so full of pride that neither side will humble themselves.

take care all
res

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet if you took Hamas and the Israel government out of the equation the people of Israel and the Palestinians could broker a lasting ceasefire and live together.

as long as these two put conditions on a ceasefire there will never be peace between them

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Israeli govt pretty much loves to goto war... I'm just waiting for the news to be all "more dead people killed by Hamas! Israel is awesome!"

top topics

join