It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UBS to pay $780M, open secret Swiss bank records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

UBS to pay $780M, open secret Swiss bank records

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Banking giant UBS has agreed to pay $780 million and turn over once-secret Swiss banking records to settle allegations it conspired to defraud the U.S. government of taxes owed by big clients.

As part of the deal struck in federal court in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., UBS has made the unprecedented step of agreeing to immediately turn over to the U.S. government account information for U.S. customers of the bank's cross-border business.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
hmmmm foreign bank handing over their books to the U.S. federal government? Either this create a big panic for the elites, or the U.S. government will bury the books to hid the corruption.

Doesn't really matter what happens with this no one in their right mind would believe the government's explainations

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I would loooooove to hear the names that are on their customer list.

But I think in all reality, we'll never get to know.

But I really am getting sick and tired of hearing about these politicians with all their "tax mistakes" for hundreds of thousands, and then they expect the people making $50,000 a year to pay their taxes OR ELSE.

More US Government hypocrisy for ya (but that's another thread)...

So I would say definitely, hand that list over and let's bust the balls of every stinkin' cheater on that list.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
well crap
mods close this one or merge it please

new topics

top topics

join