It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Castles - from She-Ra: This stuff Rocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Mmmkkay. I haven't posted a thread in a while due to being out of it, so to speak. A friend told me about this band from Toronto (album came out last March) - I'm always a step behind the music scene (perhaps my age is showing?) but I really like these guys and think if you liked 80'2 early 90's tunes mixed with techno/noise you'll like them: Crystal Castles started more as a noise band and are moving into more listenable stuff - imo its great toe tapping sing song music. very strange but catchy. For your enjoyment. Watch all as some suprise. Any one else like these guys, Alice and Ethan?

live on BBC under a highway underpass:

wierd but very cool voice mix.

Maybe I'm losing it, but in my mood this is sounding good right now.

ColoradoJens

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Any one from Toronto/NY area see these guys? Apparently they are really good live. 8 bit atari jam in session.

ColoradoJens

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Last post on this - thought someone in the alt scene may like it. Reckless by Crystal Castles.

Later!

CJ

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No one willing to even check it out? Hmmm. How many people have me on ignore?

CJ

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Perhaps it's the title of the thread? Here are two vids: black panther mixed with TRON and a different version of Untrust Us: The TRON vid is actually pretty cool once it gets going. Five times up on the board on not one glance? Some one else has to like this bizzare band.

Reminds me of my youth.

ColoradoJens

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
there ok, its a bit simplistic at times, but its what people here in the UK are into at the moment.

you should listen to HEALTH if you like this.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply I checked out HEALTH - I liked their cover of CC's Crimewave - definately not the same genre of music though - found another one that is growing on me for what it is worth - M83. They are a French duo that is wildy diverse from house to bubblegum rock. I like their more sublte and techno-y stuff personally. To wit on variety:

Unrecorded M83

Graveyard Girl M83

Slowly M83

Strange band.

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

crimwave is actual a cover of HEALTH's version!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by it fit when I was a Kid

crimwave is actual a cover of HEALTH's version!

Ha! Is that true? Shows you how much I know about modern music. Thanks for the info.

ColoradoJens

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I heard about CC for a while but I didn't start checking them out until recently.
What can I say i'm in love.

I have had this song stuck in my head all day.
edit on 30-8-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
CC kinda reminds me of White Ring except CC music is more upbeat
CC songs are all like really messed up video games.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

These guys battle for most depressing...I like it but it is not on maj rotation..

CJ

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yeah I like some of SALEMS stuff but I'm more into upbeat crazy music.
That's why I flipped when I heard CC I would love to play a video game that has this music.

I first heard about CC in SPIN a while back and the article made Allison Glass sound like a raging lunatic when performing like she goes a little psycho at shows.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Man this inspired me to put a remix of a recording I did with a friend of mine back in 2002 into a video.
We called the short lived group Dancing Photons.
Maybe there will be a reunion.

top topics

join