It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.P.A. Expected to Regulate Carbon Dioxide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

E.P.A. Expected to Regulate Carbon Dioxide

www.nytimes.com

The Environmental Protection Agency is expected to act for the first time to regulate carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that scientists blame for the warming of the planet, according to top Obama administration officials.

The decision would have a profound impact on transportation, manufacturing costs and how utilities generate power. It could accelerate the progress of energy and climate change legislation in Congress. E.P.A. is considering additional measures to regulate GHGs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Heather Zichal, a top adviser on environmental and energy issues said last fall that the Bush White House had prevented the E.P.A. from making an “endangerment” finding on CO2 “consistent with its obligations under the recent Supreme Court decision.”

Barack Mr. Obama supports Congressional action on climate change and is committed to using the regulatory authority of the executive branch to reduce emissions that contribute to global warming.

If the environmental agency determines that carbon dioxide is a dangerous pollutant to be regulated under the Clean Air Act, it would set off one of the most extensive regulatory rule makings in history.

Even some who favor an aggressive approach to climate change said they were wary of the agency’s asserting exclusive authority over carbon emissions.

Senator John Barrasso (R. WY) has called the use of the Clean Air Act to regulate carbon “a disaster waiting to happen.”

Many environmental advocates, however, say the E.P.A.’s action is long overdue, but add that it's only as a stopgap until Congress passes comprehensive climate change legislation.

jw
www.nytimes.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Oh, wonderful. Considering the economic crisis we are in, I don't think imposing regulations like this is a good idea.

I don't think it is a good idea even in the best economic conditions, but this is not the time to be experimenting with regulations of this caliber.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Greeeeat, we have a bunch of religious fanatics in the white house. Now they're going to make sure everyone pays for the original sin of Co2.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyūzō

I understand that AGW is a large part of the Agenda for Hillary's "Eastern tour."

This is all setting the stage for our capitulation to the U.N. and a N.W.O. government.

Costa Rica looks more inviting every day.

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i just came across this:

Get your hands out of my wallet and your boots off of my back! - The EPA's attack on your freedom

In a landmark decision long pushed for by some environmentalists and money-hungry politicians, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has almost officially declared CO2 -- AKA plant food, the air you exhale, the bubbles in beer, and the basis of all life -- a "pollutant", and causes global warming.

Do not let the EPA and the Obama administration continue to push the hoax of the century on you.

www.iceagenow.com...

read the full article for ideas on how we can stop this NONSENSE!!

also, check out these articles, proving that CO2 is harmless:
"High CO2 levels bring prosperity and longer life"
"Why Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant and why there can be no temperature increasing greenhouse effect in our open atmosphere"

...just when we thought it couldn't get any worse...

new topics

top topics

join