It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do?,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hey all, Most of us have the perfect scenario setup, we know what to do and when to do it.
So I have a difficult but very real scenario for you, I guess it’s more of a role play, just remember it’s a general one so some things in it wont apply to your area/life but just for this pretend it does.

Ok you are at the public swimming pools with your 8 yr old sister enjoying the cold water when you hear a loud voices out side, you exit the swimming complex with your sister and its not long before you find the source of the voice, its an army hummer and soldiers are saying over the microphone “This town is under military control, for your safety please proceed to the town hall immediately, This is not a drill”.

What would you do?

Other notes,

1. You don’t have your bug out bag with you.
  2. You had no warning.
  3. Your sister is not Rambo, she can’t run as fast/long as you.
  4. The swimming complex is in the centre of a large town.
  5. Your sister doesn’t know what we know about the government, she believes the army is here to help.
  6. The main roads in and out are blocked.
  7. Its 5:30pm and 30% of the towns 70,000 people are on their way home (peak hour).
  8. are 1800 armed soldiers and 3 helicopters patrolling the majority of the town.

You are carrying,

1. $20 in coin
  2. Cell phone
  3. Bank cards
  4. Footwear
  5. T shirt
  6. Board shorts

So please explain what you would do in this situation, just remember that you have no idea why the military are doing this, there reasons could be legit (terror alert, mass storm coming) or they could be the puppets of evil and the town hall could be a trap.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Speights]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
A couple ways to go about this depending on who you are. Evasion is Key.
I would do everything possible to Not draw attention to myself. I would look for a good hiding spot. Under a car,porch,down a manhole even in an evergreen tree.
1800 soldiers is no where near enough to monitor 70,000 people. Evasion would be easy. The helicoptors are cake to avoid since they wont be activly looking for you. They will be monitoring the entire town.
In this situation it would be easy to just walk out of town down a creek bed utilizing the cover of trees and bushes.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This is an excellent senerio. Once the words "this town is under military control" are spoken they are in complete and direct violation of the US Constitution.

I think there are only 3 options.

1) If you could make it back to my house without resistence you could do that and give holy hell to anyone trying to force their way in.

2) If you meet resistence in the streets there's probably not much of a choice. If you're unarmed they're gonna take you to the town hall.

3) You could try to escape and evade during the ensuing chaos and remain hidden as long as possible. But if the troops are there to stay this is unlikley to work.

BUT if you are a strict constitutionalist and the ultimate Patriot there's really no choice. You fight and die for the freedoms of the Republic.

There's an old Patriot saying: " If you terminate 2 you'll always be one up ! "

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speights

What would you do?

Other notes,

1. You don’t have your bug out bag with you.
  2. You had no warning.
  3. Your sister is not Rambo, she can’t run as fast/long as you.
  4. The swimming complex is in the centre of a large town.
  5. Your sister doesn’t know what we know about the government, she believes the army is here to help.
  6. The main roads in and out are blocked.
  7. Its 5:30pm and 30% of the towns 70,000 people are on their way home (peak hour).
  8. are 1800 armed soldiers and 3 helicopters patrolling the majority of the town.

You are carrying,

1. $20 in coin
  2. Cell phone
  3. Bank cards
  4. Footwear
  5. T shirt
  6. Board shorts

So please explain what you would do in this situation, just remember that you have no idea why the military are doing this, there reasons could be legit (terror alert, mass storm coming) or they could be the puppets of evil and the town hall could be a trap.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Speights]

My bug out bag is with me where ever I am at in my vehicle, but
ok we can play your game.

First point never look angry or upset at the troops, try to be
thankful and jovial.

Get out of view and ear shot of the soldiers and call everyone
on your cell phone list for warnings, and tell them to do the same
starting the tree list of calls.

Try briefly to talk to the sister and try your best to convince her
and if she will not listen, then the sister is most likely going to rat
you out and not cooperate. So it is time to say goodbye, send
her to town hall and lie about where you are going and get your
gear and get out of dodge.

If you can make it to your bug out bag do so, if not then head out
to your nearest cached supplies and bug out location if it is not
surrounded by troops. If it is not accessible then head to the
alternate cache and bug out location.

Like one poster said, evasion is key, use ravines and culverts to
stay out of sight and make your way to your gear slowly and carefully.
Rain water street drains tunnels and any and all cover you can find.

If you see a small store with ATM get out as much money as you
can and buy some basic survival supplies like thick trash bags
for rain pancho, etc etc, Charge as credit if you can.
Charge up as much as you can safely carry of essential items
so that you can make it. If you can stop at multiple places and
buy out lots of food and cache it well hidden and in a way that
it will not spoil do so. Even if things get better, you can eat
the food later and food prices are going up so at worst you save
some money for the future. Do not buy lots of water and try to
plan to use SODIS method.

Get some super glue and glue leaves to a trash bag to make a
leaf poncho if you think it will help in the terrain you need to cover.

Ditch the poncho if you think you have to go in sight of troops.

Steer clear of troops if at all possible, but don't make it obvious.
If approached by troops talk totally cooperative and do your best
to not act nervous and reply with respect to their questions.
Once you can redivert back to evasion without detection do so.

Granola bars, some bottled water in PET plastic so you can use
SODIS method to purify more later if needed.

Small radio and key chain flashlight if they sell one, tune
in the small radio and see if anyone is talking about what is
going on and decide for yourself if they are lying or telling the truth.

If you can make it in and out of other stores that might have
good usable gear charge it up on your card if they are taking
plastic still.

Most soldiers will not have Night Vision so wait til night to make
any movements that might reveal you in daylight.

1st gen and 2nd gen night vision has limited range, 3rd and 4th gen
is VERY expensive and only certain units get it.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
May help to know that helicopters are better at spotting motion, so if you hear one coming get a hiding spot and don't worry about it being perfect, just don't move.

Just a tidbit I thought I would share....

unless their using thermal or negative imaging of some sort...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

• $20 in coin
  • Cell phone
  • Bank cards

• Head directly to a cash point (calmly not drawing attention) whip out a load of cash, leaving a lot in the bank if you can, say £2-300, obtain pen and paper, make calls to tell people of you situation and note all reliant numbers in your mobile phone cos you may run out of battery and I doubt you will have a chance to charge it - you could have to use payphones.

Then take it from there, be level headed.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:40 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Speights

Why is my sister enjoying the cold water? Is the pool an outdoor type? Is the climate a hot one?
    It may be 5:30 pm but is it going to be light for another 5 hours or been dark since 4 pm?
    Just because I'm wearing shorts and a T doesn't make it warm, ask any Northener (or Aussie).
    What are the train stations doing?
    Do I live in this "town" or a village on the outskirts?
    What is my sister carrying?

WIth over 23,000 people trying to get home I would imagine it would be pretty straightforward getting back home.

How big's the "town hall"? 23,000-70,000 people? Really?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Nirgal

Yeah i missed out alot.. i guess i was thinking of new zealand when i wrote it..
    at night time here in new zealand you would surely freeze in those clothes, but in OZ or other countries you'd be fine.

I dont believe that the helicopters would use thermal cams staight away.. with so many people on the ground it would be bedlum so i guess you would have a few hours grace from that.

70,000 in a town hall... yeah thats far fetched i guess... perhaps a stadium or football field, every town would vary but I just wanted to see what people would do in a surprise sutuation, in a real situation the military know that we will find out eventually so their alternative would be too lie but only if their intentions were bad, there are some very good replys.. thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:05 AM
    link   
    Have I tried to call home or listened to a radio to find out what's going on? Does my family have a rallying point that we're supposed to meet at in such an emergency? I'd want a little more information before I made a Bee line to the woods with my kid sister..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:07 AM
    link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
    Have I tried to call home or listened to a radio to find out what's going on? Does my family have a rallying point that we're supposed to meet at in such an emergency? I'd want a little more information before I made a Bee line to the woods with my kid sister..

No the rest is up to you.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:18 AM
    link   
    Well you have been swimming... I'm gonna say your physically drained to some extent. EAT!!!

Depending on what activities you and your sister have in mind you coud either gouge your self like you wont eat for days, or go for high energy things and go running - although with the latter you will crash sooner or later... My point is food is fuel.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:41 AM
    link   

reply to post by Nirgal

Yeah i missed out alot.. i guess i was thinking of new zealand when i wrote it..

Should have guessed from your name. Discovered you last weekend watching the rugby. It's a damn nice pint. Not quite lager, not quite barley wine.

That also puts a whole new perspective on the $20.00 you gave us.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:46 AM
    link   
    Wow.

Let me answer w/ a half-way non paranoid sane answer.

First.

I'd find out "why" the town was under military control before I took off running through creek beds and trying "avoid the big bad army." If there was a good reason like... oh, I don't know.... the country was under attack by an invasion force... zombies were coming.... etc.... Because I know a few of those "soldier" things - and they/we have mouths.

Second.

This can go surprisingly enough (2) ways.

1) If there was a damned good reason the town was "duh duh duhnnnn" under "Military Control"... I'd ummm... go to the town hall to see what was up.

2) If I was yelled at or fed some BS. Then I might be headed for the "bug out bag" or whatever gettin the hell outta dodge.

That's my two cents.

Your best bet is to do something idiotic like a previous poster suggested "Terminate 2 or some crap" Believe me. None of us would ever want to turn our guns on an American citizen. But if you shoot at me - after you miss - I won't.

Remember that.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:31 AM
    link   
    reply to post by mf_luder

I am glad you feel you can trust your government.

Here in the US we are a little leary with things on the books
    like operation northwoods, Rex 84, and garden plot.

It has gotten so bad here in the US several states are
    re-declaring their sovereignty from the federal government.

As a grey headed Native American who served in the US Navy
    working on guided missile radar I can assure you the government
    is not always telling you the truth.

Check wikipedia for the USS Liberty for one thing.

When I was young I saw the good in the world, as I got older
    for some reason my focus sees more of the bad.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:34 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Speights

Ok...here's my course of action:

Rather than trouble lil sis with scary politics, I tell her that we have to play our 'adventure game' and to follow my instructions...she may not be 'Rambo' but her smaller frame means she can get to places that I couldn't

The first step would be to hide somewhere in the swimming pool complex until the other civvys and complex staff have left for the town-hall as instructed. Next, try and find the 'Lost Property' office and have a rummage to find a spare set of clothes and any other gear than might be useful (ie: an umbrella each as a portable pop-up shelter)

Next on the list would be to find any vending machines and use the $20 in coins to fill a bag with oat energy bars, bottled water, chocolate, etc as make-shift food supplies until something better can be found

For the evasion and escape from town I'd use the thermal cover of the mass of commuter vehicles and chaos to leave the building undetected...1800 troops overseeing a population of 70,000 means that the civvy-to-soldier ratio is some 40:1 meaning that there is a good chance that whilst the main body of the population is panicking and getting agitated, requiring a larger proportion of soldiers to keep the peace, It will be enough to be able to slip through the cordon

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:43 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Get some super glue and glue leaves to a trash bag to make a
    leaf poncho if you think it will help in the terrain you need to cover.

Um... Super glue melts plastic bags...Just sayin...

But I really like the idea...

peace

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:13 AM
    link   
    Do you think it coincidence that someone registering on 2-18-09 is asking that question?

Never, ever answer questions like this on a forum. Never.

Why give information to the enemy for free?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Ha.

I never said I could "trust my government." I trust the military I'm in more than my government. Especially the way they're acting now that they're majority Dems. Cute bunch of overgrown children w/ too much power.

That's why all those states are making that legislature.

Should be interesting to see where the US goes in the next few years.

Actually next 3 years.

3 Years 10 Months 11 Days.

Yeah.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
    link   
    I plead the 5th on the grounds than anything I say could be used against me.

It is a neat game OP. I just am not much of a game player.

I take my life seriously.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
    link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
    Do you think it coincidence that someone registering on 2-18-09 is asking that question?

Never, ever answer questions like this on a forum. Never.

Why give information to the enemy for free?

To be fair, if the OP's location is to be believed then they registered on 19th, not 18th and posted at 18:33 hrs.

I can see that if I was suspicious I could interpret this as someone wanting to test the water for scenarios further down the line. I fail to see why it is a coincidence though, am I missing something?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join