It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Swiss Bank Is Set to Open Its Secret Files

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Finally it will ensure the entegrity to be created will endure sustainability.
Regretably, millions of people will suffer at the hands of a few.
Is there a spell check on this board?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Don't be too optimistic. I read something on ATS a while back that Swiss Bank was to issue letters to its clients suggesting to close the accounts. Anyone that closes the account, their names will not appear on disclosures.
Does it tell you any thing. I hope so.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

All the rules and laws are meant for small people, not for the people who make them.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's just a channelling system. Don't worry, anyone with anything to lose will have had their deposits moved to a new "secure" location.

Switzerland, historically, has been great due to the code of banking there which forbids release of Client details no matter what the circumstance. Now that this has come to a head they will have moved their ill gotten gains elsewhere - have no fear about that my friends.

The only people who get caught out, will be the stupid ones.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I bet there are thirteen names that won't be on that list.
They get to have Tax evation legally by owning the Fed. Res. Bank.

This is meant to knock down some of the millionaires because the Trillionaires and some billionaires want it all.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Yup, you betcha ! u aint seeing these names
-Clintons
- Bush family
-Trump
-Warren Buffet
-Bill Gates
-Oprah
-Larry King
-Michael Bloomberg
-Rudy Guliani
-The Kennedys

Who cares about the rest anyway

[edit on 19-2-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wouldn't all that money have to be seized for evidence?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I find it amazing that the IRS actually believes it owns a percentage of everything you make - even when you make it outside America.

Now they've begun the first step in the process to gather information it will only be a matter of time when people say no more and the bloody revolution will begin. American Patriots vs. the World Criminal Bankers and those they've hired to collect their blood money.

This is an act of a dying entity. Just like a drowning man reaching frantically for a life line. The IRS is scratching and clawing trying to maintain power. I think if there is revolt it will first come in the form of a tax revolt. The IRS is a dying entity and they realize it, this is kind of a predictable response.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Two outlooks on this: If Swiss Banks are independent of the rest of the World Banking Empire then this is foolish of them to do. They would be doing the U.S.A. a huge service if they exposed the IRS as an illegal entity with no rights to a foreign nation's banking system.

I think it is the opposite, though: If these Swiss Banks are owned and operated by the Rothchild Empire, the same family who controls the rest of the world banking system, then it is smart for them to legitimize the IRS. After all, the IRS income tax goes directly to pay the Federal Reserve, that foul system which is neither Federal nor a Reserve, also controlled by World Bankers.

Finally, I doubt you will find anyone truly powerful on the lists. Millionaires are chumpchange with no real power. The may be thrown to the dogs, but the real powers are cloaked deeper than the IRS dare to tread.

Oh, anyone remember the name of the Private Bank that World Leaders have access to? I read about it here as well as a couple other places, it is legit. I will look for it later. Time for work.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If this plays out as announced, there will be many numbered companies and front operations on the list. The bank does not have to know the names of the all the directors of these necessarily.

Any recognizable names will be people who felt they had little to hide.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is not illegal to evade a voluntary tax anyhow. The IRS is out of control with the continued deception and fraud against the American public. I just found out last week that if you leave the country to live in another county, and renounce your citizenship with the US, the IRS will still tax you for ten years longer if you are worth a certain amount, claiming that you only moved to evade taxes. Death and taxes..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Swiss banking- awe, what a history.

OFCs(offshore financial centres) are a real problem for the current economic turmoils and it's all basically monster hedge funds of the Soros sort.

Ask yourself why the Virgin Islands has more companies than people and the highest GDP in the Caribbean. Something is a miss there. OFCs are the Wild West of modern banking and these is where the crisis should occur.
Since it's really only big time wheelers and dealers who have money in these accounts I say let 'em burn.
Capital is more mobile than people and when you have a ton of it you can basically evade just processes that the common folk must abide. So hang 'em high, make em walk the plank, send them adrift.

Hedge funds are BS. Justice for all and start with the honchos!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
reply to post by j2000

Yup, you betcha ! u aint seeing these names
-Clintons
- Bush family
-Trump
-Warren Buffet
-Bill Gates
-Oprah
-Larry King
-Michael Bloomberg
-Rudy Guliani
-The Kennedys
[edit on 19-2-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

You got one of them. Those are the little people.

Rothschild (Bauer or Bower) - Pindar

Bruce

Cavendish (Kennedy)

De Medici

Hanover

Hapsburg

Krupp

Plantagenet

Rockefeller

Romanov

Sinclair (St. Clair)

Warburg (del Banco)

Windsor (Saxe-Coburg-Gothe)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
After reading some more on this subject today it appears that UBS is being compelled to release up to 300 accounts for those who are suspected of committing tax fraud.

It appears the IRS had UBS by the balls here and much is left unsaid.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So now we know where all the American money goes. I do have personal experience of the Swiss banking system and I can tell you that this news is something that was unimaginable in the past. Most of the Swiss private banking business was shrouded in secrecy.

One can guess that many famous names may roll out of this one. Would be interesting to see if the Clinton or Bush family is one of them

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Doubtful. If the reason behind them having to divulge secrets about their customers was an investigation by the federal reserve then you can bet it's private investors who aren't in the bigger game with all the politicos. It's rich Americans allright but not ones of Bush and Clinton fame. The connected still won't have to pay and their names won't see the light of day.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

One can guess that many famous names may roll out of this one.

do you really think they're going to give away the truly guilty? more likely a few sacrificial pawns.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
So if an American has money in any Swiss bank account it is illegal?

What about not-so-elite wealthy people who have money in Swiss accounts? People who are only worth 10-50 million or so? Is the U.S. government going to view them as criminals because the reason they had money in Swiss accounts was to evade taxes?

If it's over $10,000. And to open an international account with the Swiss it takes a minimum deposit of $10,000.

I think if I held my money in a Swiss account and they planned on throwing me to the wolves (IRS) .. I would ensure I and everyone I knew withdrew immediately from Swiss accounts. Why they would endanger their most loyal customers is beyond me..

(I am strongly against the US Government attacking .. I mean .. taxing over seas accounts, or money earned over seas.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsolete
I personally think it's BS. The tax system here is unlawful and I applaud those who stow money away in Swiss banks to evade taxes.

Amen to that. When they made those names available then maybe I find my $20 I lost a few years back.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Man, are you kidding? 780 million? How about 50 billion? That's what I would have made them pay.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wikileak has been trying for a long tim to release infromation and has been sued by the Swiss for releasing information. Heres a link to a recent article on there web site Tax Gap: Rare glimpse into offshore world of big money and low taxes

One of the more fascinating sets of records disclosed by Rudolf Elmer is, he says, the confidential investor list of an offshore fund run by the Carlyle Group.

This prominent private equity operation in Washington DC counts presidents and prime ministers among its advisers, and Elmer's list opens the door to a rarely seen offshore world of big money and low taxes.

Carlyle sources did not challenge the authenticity of the list when we showed it them. They emphasised instead that all their activities in the Caymans were perfectly legal and normal.

The fund bought and sold shares in US start-up firms from its offices in Washington DC. But an offshore paper entity in the Caymans, TCG Ventures Ltd, was nominally running the show.

For those that don't know Carlyle Group Was ran by Bush Sr. until he became President of the United States.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join