It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really wish Obama never won the election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
i don't think blacks are playing the race card and dude we slaved them up in chains and made them build the country in a lot of ways they have a legit beef

We? Who is WE? Because I didnt. My family didnt. In fact, nobody alive today did. And nobody alive today was 'slaved up in chains'

So who exactly is WE that you are refering to? Because this argument needs to end now. It is a dead arguement and has no place in any of this.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by inked up

so what, you saying there were no enslaved black in america over a century ago? What are you saying? Are like those holocast deniers who have no legit prove of it, they just deny?

I mean I can understand why some may be against affirmative action and what not but to deny the negative history of blacks? You tell whether whites or hispanics or even asians were made slaves.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

i don't think blacks are playing the race card and dude we slaved them up in chains and made them build the country in a lot of ways they have a legit beef

not to mention the current economy

they have a right to be ignorant if our politicians can vote in bail outs with out reading them ... and stimulus

Speak for Yourself.... I didn't enslave anyone or force them to do crap. As a matter of fact I am forced to give 50% of my income to pay for crack head babies and stupid people that keep breeding. Hell I would love to be able to sit around the house all day and just spit out kids but once again someone has to have responsibility. So the way I look at it right now I am the slave and the government and the welfare people are the masters. I so can't wait till the government goes belly up so those people whom have opressed me will learn how the middle class feels first hand.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

so what, you saying there were no enslaved black in america over a century ago? What are you saying? Are like those holocast deniers who have no legit prove of it, they just deny?

I mean I can understand why some may be against affirmative action and what not but to deny the negative history of blacks? You tell whether whites or hispanics or even asians were made slaves.

As a matter of fact asians were treated like slaves also but You don't hear them whining like little children all the time.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by jkm1864]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Is that what I wrote? No.
I said that neither I, nor my family, nor anyone alive today had anything to do with slavery. Nor is anyone alive today who was a slave. Therefore, the issue should not be brought up and used against anyone who is not black. Talk about it, acknowledge it, yes. But to use it as an argument like is continually done in race topics, is wrong and out of place.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

. . . , but don't sit there and try to tell me that WE slaved them up when WE did no such thing.

And no, they don't have a legit beef any longer. . . . .

Fact is, it's time to quit playing the race card because it makes the accuser look all the more pathetic.

INDEED.

SOME Native Americans and SOME blacks have awakened to the fact that DEPENCENCY is no favor.

SOME are learning that sucking up to the tit at the public trough is a trap.

SOME are waking up to the fact that the jerks that dispense the public trough goodies also throw chains around the recipients that are every bit as enslaving as older methods.

SOME are waking up to the fact that PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is a LOT better than serfdom and enslavement TO THE MAN in D.C.

Of course, it's too few too late to make much difference before Armageddon.

But it makes a difference in THOSE individuals' lives.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

were asians forced off their land, how about whites? forced and kept onto a boat for months on end and got dumped onto a foreign land where they were forced to work for years as slaves?

I get the angry when many here justify the treatment and enslavement of blacks as compared to the fact the irish, or asians got verbally abused, or that asians were forced into camps for afew weeks. You cannot compare what the blacks went through to what the irish or hispanics or even the asians went through in this history.

You dont have to be for affirmative action to recognize the enslavement of the black people for centuries, you can be critical of Obama but still recognize and respect the blacks in the past and what they have had to deal with.

Just like the holocaust deniers, like those neo nazis, you just deny it even happened, you compare it to things not comparable, continue making up excuses. Seriously we're in 2009, when the hell are you people going to get with the times?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

not to mention the current economy

they have a right to be ignorant if our politicians can vote in bail outs with out reading them ... and stimulus

WE!!! did not chain anyone up... that would be our ancestors. Why is it we get blamed for the past. The present population of blacks have no beef as far as I can tell, none of them are slaves and they have more rights pretty much then any other minority, and it appears that the al mghty white man will soon be a minority anyway. I may or may not be wrong on that last 2 comments.

I don't mean to offend anyone on here but it's complete crap to bring up something that was done in the past mostly due to the people that did the slaving are dead and if their not well they will be soon. The problem with a portion of the black population is they like to live in the past and blame the present as well as prepuate their own problems. Their are alot of black on black crimes. They walk around saying the N word or whitey or I hate white people and no one says anything but as soon as a white person says the N word or blacky or I hate black people we get labeled as racist.
B.S.!!!

That portion of the black comunity is making the good portion look bad, you know the good portion that struggle and work for what they have and blame noone but themselves, the ones that get along with others. Yah their are white people that promote racism but blacks promote it alot them selves by calling racsim to everything that offends them.

Quite blaming this generation for CRAP!!! that happend in the past and get over their problems in the present, Words and Just words nothing more and you are the only one that can let them affect you!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

reply to post by jkm1864

I get the angry when many here justify the treatment and enslavement of blacks as compared to the fact the irish, or asians got verbally abused, or that asians were forced into camps for afew weeks. You cannot compare what the blacks went through to what the irish or hispanics or even the asians went through in this history.

You dont have to be for affirmative action to recognize the enslavement of the black people for centuries, you can be critical of Obama but still recognize and respect the blacks in the past and what they have had to deal with.

Just like the holocaust deniers, like those neo nazis, you just deny it even happened, you compare it to things not comparable, continue making up excuses. Seriously we're in 2009, when the hell are you people going to get with the times?

no one in this topic is denying slavery occured. at some point in time every single ethnicity of human has been a slave, it seems african americans are the only ones that still care enough to make it an issue whenever someone doesnt agree with their point of view.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
All I hear is people saying we need to look past race and move forward.
So my question is how can we look past race and move forward if people are bringing up slavery which happened over a hundred years and a event that I had no control over being as I wasn't around when it happened? Whites have been enslaved by so many people and so many races throughtout history but we have moved forward.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm white, and not apologizing for anything until the Romans apologize for enslaving most of the world. Stupid comment, you bet, as stupid as alot of the ones I've read here. An excuse is an excuse, is an excuse...and blaming slavery for the actions and behaviors of people in this day and age, is just that.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

whats this we stuff, my family came over here in 1945 after after a stay at the swanky auschwitz resort, and my great grandmother did not remember chaining or owneing any slaves, of course being polish she had some slave experience working in a steel refinery.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think you are taken the whole race approach a bit far yourself.

Yes, everyone is sick of hearing it. We are sick of hearing people make songs about him, and we are sick of threads like this that keep reminding us.

Anyways, about his speaking skills. A lot of people want to judge him because he says "Um" a lot...some of the smarter people I know are not the best social speakers. I only see this judgment as a side insult just because you do not like him.

The reason I do not even care that he won in regards to McCain is because I think they are both idiots and that complaining about them will only make people like the other idiot.

If you really want him out of his office after his first term, why not educate people on other candidates besides the main stream ones? Yeah, it is a long shot but maybe after 50 years of people doing it, something will happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

reply to post by jkm1864

no one in this topic is denying slavery occured. at some point in time every single ethnicity of human has been a slave, it seems african americans are the only ones that still care enough to make it an issue whenever someone doesnt agree with their point of view.

They are not the only ones... ^

Maybe instead of being arrogant, try to be a bit understanding. Slavery was not that long ago. And its fallout is still here.

My family is very Irish and we still get joked around with it today. Now, I can not even imagine what it is to be black. Maybe if you were in SOME sort of minority, you could realize that they do go through a crap load of social pressure.

It does not excuse violence or any of that - but in terms of pride, try to understand a bit.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This whole "slavery" thing is a scarecrow. Black people don't care about slavery -- it's a part of their ancestral history, and an obstacle that their ancestors overcame. It's the institutionalized racism of today, that they have a problem with (and that includes the social pressures from within black communities, e.g. the stigma against "acting white" and it's impact on male adolescents in school) which is so ingrained in our social structure that it seems hopeless, at times.

Honestly, either Detroit has smarter people than the rest of the country, or people whining about "I can't criticize Obama because he's black and people go off about slavery" are just making things up in an attempt to slander an entire race.

I disagree with Obama all the time -- and because most of my friends are black, I disagree with him when I'm talking politics with black people. You know what? They listen and answer intelligently, and usually agree. And these are poor black people, in the lower-income neighborhoods. If you guys are honestly having these conversations, and you are honestly getting these reactions, then you probably are saying something racist.

In regards to "he's only half black"...race is a social construct -- nothing more. If the society at large wants to define people as "black" or "asian" or "indigenous american" even if they're half European, then that's that. We aren't talking about biological hybrids here. In America, if you're half-black, then you're considered pretty black.

It's also worth noting that it's virtually impossible for a sane and healthy person, without kids, to get any "welfare" beyond food stamps. The welfare reform of the 90s. Took care of that. Another scarecrow.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by theWCH]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join