It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA Admits using Marijuana on Video - [sarcasm]He should be arrested![/sarcasm]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It wouldn't be believed unless it came from the horses mouth.

WARNING: I AM BEING SARCASTIC ABOUT ARRESTING HIM, READ THREAD!

So here it is:

www.videonewslive.com...

What does everyone think of this? The savior obama is an ex-pothead. I think JBurns you should come out retirement and ARREST HIS PUNK ASS! Cause that would make you feel better too.

You'll also note at the end of the video he calls for decriminalization but its unclear when that statement was made, and is likely that the thought will never come to fruition.

Great Obama quotes from the video:
- When asked if he inhaled, "look.. when i was a kid, I inhaled frequently, that was the point... "
- "In terms of legalizing drugs I think that the war on drugs has been an utter fail and we need to rethink our marijuana laws"

Originally posted by King9072
I tried marijuana several times at a younger age

Originally posted by JBurns
Shame you didn't do it here, I would have LOVED to have arrested you.

GO GET EM COWBOY!

[edit on 18-2-2009 by king9072]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Uh... I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not

Where have you been, 75% of the population has tried marijuana at some point.

Bush was a recovering alcoholic, potheads are more mellow at least.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think you need to chill out a little, this is really really really old news as well. If you do feel the need to arrest Obama then by all means go right on with that plan.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Uh... I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not

Where have you been, 75% of the population has tried marijuana at some point.

Bush was a recovering alcoholic, potheads are more mellow at least.

It was made entirely in Sarcasm, in particular a jab at Jburns for being an imbicile, his famous quote was added to my post.

The whole point, is that its people like him and especially BAD COPS LIKE HIM that think that THEYRE CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY IN A HUGE WAY BY LOCKING UP A POT HEAD instead of focusing on real crime.

I am sure some of recall the PHELPs issue recently? Lots of threads on that, and the sheriff who started that whole shenanigans is a TOOL, just like Jburns and the rest of the people like him who PERPETUATE THE WAR ON DRUGS LIE, and PERPETUATE THE SUFFERING AND VIOLENCE THAT IS AN INEVITABLE RESULT OF A WAR ON DRUGS!

Phelps charges 'up in smoke'

And draconian, I searched and found nothing.. :S

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I applaud his honesty!!!!

If more politicians were this candid about their drug useage i believe the laws regarding Marijuana would be much looser than they are today.

I'm glad we have a president that can admit what his past consist of, however I still excercise the right to disagree with him at other key political points.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's not against the law to smoke it, it's against the law to possess it.
So if he has no possession of it there's no grounds for any charges.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 18/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Yeah where have you guys been? The Phelps story was on here. DUH!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Do you have any idea how many people on this planet have tried pot at some point in their lives? Are you suggesting that everyone who has ever smoked pot should be arrested? That idea alone is absolutely absurd on so many levels.

And just so you know... smoking pot is not illegal. It is illegal to POSSESS weed, but it is not illegal to smoke it. Figure that one out.

link   

Originally posted by Sauron

There's a certain sheriff who may disagree with you

And in some states being under the influence of a drug, IS possession, your body is in possession while its under the influence. So yah. Im just gonna edit OP and make sure the sarcasm is known... i thought it was blatent especially with my jburns reference >

link   
since when is pot so bad? plus alot of people who done drugs did great things

Francis Crick Discovers DNA Thanks to '___'

Freud and Cocaine Invent Psychoanalysis

A Coke Addict Makes a Coke-Flavored Cola and Calls it Coke

and then

really high obama fixes economy

i mean come on its possible. and arresting the president? well here are some handcuffs go get him tiger

link   
reply to post by king9072

No problems, I'm low on caffeine this time of day

Not a one line.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
this thread will be closed soon i'm sure... too bad.
(disney also partook)

i think obama's statement gives him some credibility. everyone's tired of the same ol' political "shramboo" when it comes to 'issues'. tell it lie it is for once. kudos.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
(disney also partook)

i think obama's statement gives him some credibility. everyone's tired of the same ol' political "shramboo" when it comes to 'issues'. tell it lie it is for once. kudos.

Closed on what grounds? This is exact same as the multiple phelps pages, this time with a full on video admittance from the PRESIDENT not just an Olympian.

Personally, I would prefer knowing if my president has used recreational drugs rather than an Olympian.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

(disney also partook)

Closed on what grounds? This is exact same as the multiple phelps pages, this time with a full on video admittance from the PRESIDENT not just an Olympian.

Personally, I would prefer knowing if my president has used recreational drugs rather than an Olympian.

sorry king, but i'm just stating what i keep seeing on these types of threads. the phelps thread is the only thread i have not seen closed on the subject of illegal substances.
i think there should be open discussion about all things, but nearly all forums have TOC about illicit controlled substances, and your never allowed to discuss them.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
marijuana,,,,,in his book he talks of doing a bunch of coke,,,,

i bet we'd be surprised how many politicians do drugs

we should have random urine tests

figure,,,,,prostitutes and coke go pretty hand in hand

and a few have been busted with young boys,,,,,i wonder if the drugs helped overcome the fear ,,,,to do what they did,,,,,,
who would take that chance with that position of power,,, and if caught,, the public outcry and embarasement

i bet illicit drug use and alcohol plays a big part in this

george washington grew hemp on his farm
betsy ross's flag was made from hemp

the declaration of ind. and constitution were written on hemp paper

it takes 1 acre of hemp to get the paper it takes from 4 1/2 acres of trees

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
He should loose out on all of the money thats put forward to back him if he's admitted to smoking weed and taking coke for that matter, cant be having double standards now can we after the medal winning swimmer and his issues surrounding the bong photo.

Or just boycott the US Government, then again thatd probably make a number of things worse than they already are.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

[edit on 18/2/2009 by Sauron]

i wouldn't put it past a blood hungry prosecutor to argue anyone caught smoking pot could be charge with possession since it would still be in their system

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

sorry king, but i'm just stating what i keep seeing on these types of threads. the phelps thread is the only thread i have not seen closed on the subject of illegal substances.
i think there should be open discussion about all things, but nearly all forums have TOC about illicit controlled substances, and your never allowed to discuss them.

I've seen a few closed even one i started my self regarding "illegal" substances, it should be open for discussion providing the discussion isnt encouraging the use of any substances mentioned, if it stays like this then are we not able to discuss various vitamins and minerals that are to be made "illegal" and "controlled" by the FDA in the states soon (if they havent already been - details of which have been posted on here in the past week or so), id love to see the reaction from the crowds due to the closure of a thread discussing such matters.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Cant they bust you in the states for having a roach on your property (house/car/person) or is that just myth, i understand it can be used as probable cause for a search.

When i say roach i mean the non smokable portion, nothing left, all gone.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phushion

if it is in plain sight they can use it as probable cause to search you or your car if its in your car. and if that's the only thing they find then they could probably hang possession of paraphernalia or stretch it to possession of a controlled substance.. (someone with more "knowledge" will have to chime in on that one)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join