It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the solution to the Financial Crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

We need to grow it here, build it here, and fix it here. We need to close the borders, and send the non-specialized non-highly educated Visa workers home, and the illegals too. That would free up millions of jobs.

I completely agree with everything in your quote above. I have always been against NAFTA and all the other "free trade" agreements.
I think the problem with getting to where you and I think we should be is two-fold:

1.)The greed of the corporations to "Squeeze" every cent of profit into their products, finding the cheapest labor that they can, with the least labor laws and restrictions that they can find.

2.)The American consumer has been "drugged" by the cheap goods from China, Singapore, and other low-wage countries, shipping their goods to Walmart, who then with their size can undersell all other companies.

Americans want jobs, but they don't want to give up their cheap Walmart products, and they don't realize that they can't have their cake and eat it.
I also don't buy the "free trade" act, because countries like China don't have the same labor and product standards that we do, and our manufacturers can't compete with American labor because of the standards imposed by the US, and the LACK OF standards in China. How many more American children have to DIE because of China's poisoned food and lead-laden toys before Americans stop buying the garbage that China sends us?
I'm not an isolationist. I fully support trade with most European countries, Australia, and Japan, because they DO HAVE good product, safety and labor standards. They are not the problem.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

Our currency now a days is worth about as much as that picture. Too funny, just thought Id throw that in.

Thanks for sharing.

And thank you for NOT posting the pictures.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As usual you have come up with a wonderful, solution to our dilema ,There actually is a guy who makes his own money and sells it and he bought among other things a house with money that he literally made,so not only is your idea a good one but it have been done with great success

I'm going back to the idea of declaring my property a sovereign nation and collecting foreign aide

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Darnit ProfE....i just paid off ...ah...dont get mad...citi..with my income tax refund...if only your press was up and running!!....then i could have paid them off and still had my refund to by my aimpoint comp m2!!...ohh well...let me know when you have a few hundred extra off the press!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

As usual you have come up with a wonderful, solution to our dilema ,There actually is a guy who makes his own money and sells it and he bought among other things a house with money that he literally made,so not only is your idea a good one but it have been done with great success I'm going back to the idea of declaring my property a sovereign nation and collecting foreign aide

I like it. I like it! I recognize your country as a sovereign nation. Should we exchange ambassadors? I'll also set the foreign exchange rate at 1 to 1 ,my country to yours.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousdrum

Darnit ProfE....i just paid off ...ah...dont get mad...citi..with my income tax refund...if only your press was up and running!!....then i could have paid them off and still had my refund to by my aimpoint comp m2!!...ohh well...let me know when you have a few hundred extra off the press!!

Don't worry about it. With the handy-dandy home edition printing press, you can print plenty more, much better quality than the old wrinkly stuff you get at the banks when you cash a check, and it will be worth just as much as the monopoly money that Congress and the Fed are authorizing.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If I were to print my own money, it would say... this money is guaranteed to be just as worthless as the money the fed prints, except it has prettier pictures and scratch and sniff.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Any suggestions to improve this idea would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, "chuck your stupid idea in the bin, because this will just cause massive levels of inflation which always irreperably damages countries regardless of their size".

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jBrereton

Yeah, "chuck your stupid idea in the bin, because this will just cause massive levels of inflation which always irreperably damages countries regardless of their size".

The word is "irreparably".
Come back in about 50 years, when you learn to distinguish between sarcasm and serious discussion. I think this entire thread just gave you a short crew-cut.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Oh yes! I'm going to make my dog Foreign Relations Ambassador
my Husband will be Secretary of the Interior,and I will be Prime Minister

my opossum with be Secretary in Charge of Ecology

I will be seeking candidates to fill the post of Minster of Trade ,and Special Envoy to Canada

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Oh yes! I'm going to make my dog Foreign Relations Ambassador

Great choice. My wife will be the President of my country. She has ALWAYS been PROUD of the country. Always.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

To the OP, you really need to get up to speed. I believe you're advocating "consumer led quantitative easing"

Ex MislTech, whilst sending illegals home might seem a worthy idea, the only alternative to that is to employ Americans in the same low paid jobs. That's where the next problem starts, how many Americans would actually be prepared to take on that kind of work ?

See, I think one of the basics we need to create is a climate where work pays & idleness does not. Our present system of taxation and social security seems almost to have been designed to discourage extra work, skill & responsibility. It means that people prefer to reduce their tax bill & maximise their social security entitlements, especially in countries like mine, the United Kingdom, by working less hard rather than to increase their earnings by working harder.

Working less hard means the state "top up" rises (through mechanisms such as Working Tax Credits & means tested social security) ... a pound lost is a pound gained. And the taxpayer is all the poorer for it.

And governments simply printing money they don't have is not going to stimulate the economy at all. The stimulus package may create artificial jobs, short term in nature. But it's small to mid size businesses which will generate the next tranche of real jobs. That just won't happen until the government cuts them a break, by reducing the administrative burden that is excessive employment law & what is now unrealistic employee benefits. That's the sad fact of it.

We're now living through a time when the all the advantageous employee terms, conditions & entitlements our parents, grandparents struggled & sacrificed for will simply be swept aside. There's no alternative to that, in our economic system.

Because the greatest stimulant of all in the capitalist system, obviously, is pure, naked profit. The basic truth is that profit drives investment, investment drives productivity, skills & wages.

The public mood though is against profit. Many see profit in terms of profiteers, the Madoff's of this world, the bankers who have walked away from this debacle rich beyond the dreams of avarice. Fraud & incompetence of this magnitude deserves to be punished & severely too if we're ever to return to a responsible, profit driven economy.

As I type this I'm considering the sheer magnitude of this financial crisis. You know, I honestly think this crisis is completely beyond government intervention, the debts are just too severe and any attempts to buy our way out of this by printing money are little more than placing a sticking plaster on a advance stage tumour. I'm 42 y/o now, lived through the recessions of the 70's & 80's, bumpy times indeed ... but we always had hope. I don't sense any hope now. The generation after mine, and the one after that too are going to have a far worse time of it than I ever had.

And that's a terrible state of affairs to be in.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

As I type this I'm considering the sheer magnitude of this financial crisis. You know, I honestly think this crisis is completely beyond government intervention, the debts are just too severe and any attempts to buy our way out of this by printing money are little more than placing a sticking plaster on a advance stage tumour. I'm 42 y/o now, lived through the recessions of the 70's & 80's, bumpy times indeed ... but we always had hope. I don't sense any hope now. The generation after mine, and the one after that too are going to have a far worse time of it than I ever had.

Yes, you're the generation of my children. As I've posted on many threads, my concern is for your generation and my grand childrens' generation.
I also feel that the economic situation is beyond repair. All of the government attempts are just digging the hole deeper and deeper. Does it mean the end of the world? Probably not. However, there is a huge problem. Our civilization has grown partly because of the advances in the medical and technological fields. Massive civil unrest, which is virtually unavoidable now, will destroy much of our advances and infrastructure. With economies in shambles, rebuilding civilization will be a Herculean effort, taking centuries. In the process, many will die that would have been saved prior to the breakdown of law and order. It is a dark world that our children and grand children face. We have let the genie out of the lamp, and the wishes that mankind asked for have turned out to be nightmares.
God help us.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

and it should start in million dollar denominations and progress to trillions
the dollar days are so yesterday!

what scents would you use on your money?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

what scents would you use on your money

Here is the smell I like:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
for which denominations PE?

I like Napalm for the 100 million dollar bill

How about cabbage,for the 1 million?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

How about cabbage,for the 1 million?

Let's compromise. Make it skunk cabbage.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is a Common Sence solution: There are roughly 300 million people in the USA. Let say for the right of argument that 200 million are working, tax paying individuals. OK, the first stimulas plan was for 700 BILLION and the latest stimulas plan was for another 700+ billion. Well, no one knows for sure where the first 700 billion went and I am sure the same will follow for the next 700+ billion. I can not even grasp the concept of 700 billion dollars.

A better solution would have or should be to give every one of those 200 million working, tax paying Citizens 1 million dollars each. The first thing a hard working, tax paying Citisen would do with that money is pay off there debt, ie. thier mortgage, credit card debt, car loan, ect.. The bankers/lenders would get their investment money back, the citizen would have a clear mortgage, little or no debt. The average workers home loan would be no where near 1 million dollars. with left over money, guess what, you would see people spending it to make their lives better or more comfortable. Which in turn would do what ....... stimulate the economy.

Think about it for a second, 700+ Billion versus 200 million. Lot safer form of a stimulas plan if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join