It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for help in finding/listing case in examples of Federal govt's incompetence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

First, I realize my grammar is not very strong, so please forgive me.

I created this thread because it seems that many of us share the same frustrations and feelings of helplessness, that arise out of what the US federal government has been doing and is doing. Not just in the Bush years and before but even now to a great extent with Obama.

These feelings of mistrust, belief of corruption and/or incompetence on behalf of the federal government do seem to be widespread and grounded on good reasoning. They are also popping more in the MSM from cnbc to fox news to cnn. Yet I see the same responses from members on this site (im not innocent as i fall into the same trap), of us just saying ewww im so frustrated or im so angry, or you need millions of $'s to lobby congress, or this wideley used one of "the American sheeple are to lazy to get out from their tv" (some variation there of).

Well what I wanted to do is to create a list of the many, many things that the fed govt has failed to do properly or is doing irresponsibly or with disregard for the people. Have them be all listed in one thread for easy reference, then we can through our power of numbers have an impact.

Please keep these items in the realm of 100% factual with real proof, so no 9/11 or UFO or mkultra conspiracies these are for another fight, so as not to scare away people who are just becoming aware.

I will start with three items as examples of the things that the federal government has perpetrated on the American people.

1) FDA Declares form of Vitamin b6 a drug. This was done on behalf of Pharmaceutical companies in order for them to patent and dispense drugs based around this naturally occurring vitamin. As the article in the thread shows this has been done in the past with Red Yeast Rice because it contained statins which are what the cholesterol pharmaceuticals are based on. www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) Bush overpaid banks in the bailout. This is just an example of this as there are dozens of valid threads detailing how the bailout is either the first step of socializing America or how it was done in such a flagrantly dysfunctional manner as to make it seem like a way to inflict greater damage. www.abovetopsecret.com...

3) Madoff tipster faults SEC, says feared for safety. This is still a pending case but what is already evident is that the Federal agency SEC was warned numerous times with proof provided about Madoff and his ponzi scheme, yet they did nothing. Hence they were completely incompetent. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I look forward to any and all help that my fellow members can provide, I will also be updating the list on a continual basis.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be cynical here, but when is the last time the federal government did anything right?

You could literally right a book about the incompetence of government. That is why our founding fathers specifically wrote the constitution declaring what the federal government can and cannot do.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I'm not trying to be cynical here, but when is the last time the federal government did anything right?

You could literally right a book about the incompetence of government. That is why our founding fathers specifically wrote the constitution declaring what the federal government can and cannot do.

No and that is the point of a free market economy, the people and businesses can handle their own truths and accommodations. With courts there to allow a forum of complaint and restitution.

But please if posting at least provide a link to one other thread or news story showing the incompetence.

1) Fed Reserve refuses to disclose the recipients of several trillion dollars. Now many would say that the fed reserve is not part of the govt but a separate entity. Well either way it is closely enough related to Washington and perhaps nothing else exemplifies incompetence and disregard for free market economics like the fed reserve. www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) A fraud bigger than Madoff. So forget all the lies and decievment that went into Iraq. Forget the lack of human rights or upholding of our constitution that went along with Iraq. The nations own commanding officers and the politicians used this event as a method to enrich themselves through literally stealing money from american tax payers. www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well, for one, they've kept us pretty safe the past 8 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Safe from what? Apparently its ourselves and our credit cards we should be worried about.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Please if posting at least provide one link to another thread or news article showing an egregious failure of washington dc.

I really cant do it myself am hoping there will be others willing to help list the many failures and acts of corruption.

EPA wants to ease toxic spill reporting. So in other words the EPA wants to relax the rules of companies having ot file for toxic spills, very similar to a dont ask dont tell policy, only for toxic spills. www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
AIG the company who the government decided to give aprox $150 billion in so called loans already, is do to announce the biggest loss in history Plus they have the gall to ask for more money. With trillions in derivative exposure this company is bound to fail, only question is at what cost to the public.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Your best bet it to go agency by agency to find mistake after mistake. The SEC, FDA, FCC, EPA, etc. have all made mistakes. Then FEMA, Army Corps of Engineers, and other emergency services have made mistakes. Just for an example when the Army Corps of Engineers were paid to refill sand after major erosion they used sand that was riddled with WWII unexploded ordinances and bombs were found for miles on a public beach in New England.

They have successes but they are short lived and hardly newsworthy.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Everyone knew it was going to happen, but now Obama is planning on taking away some gun rights (some now more later probably). www.abovetopsecret.com...

So Bush took away privacy, and some constitutional right, and freedom of information rights. Now Obama is working on taking away some other rights like to bear arms. Good tactics

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
FDA to ban E-ciggs, this is either the fda doing hte bidding of tobacco companies or the fed govt not wanting to lose out on all the tax revenue they desperately need to fund thier ridiculous expenditures.

Either way total garbage.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Well, for one, they've kept us pretty safe the past 8 years.

*sigh*

Are you serious or just being silly?

Yes, they kept us "Safe"

What about the years spanning 1800-2000?

So in our history, there's been one major attack on the US.

And it fell under the leadership of Bush.

But he kept us safe????

There is no logic in that.

top topics

join