It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to post a correction to an old post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I gave credit to the wrong person for a blog post I quoted on a post of mine. How can I correct this in the best manner?

If I post it at the end of the thread (since it's too late to edit my post now), it will be disconnected from the original post so people won't see it at the relevant spot. Should I do that or can a mod insert the correction for me?

I have it typed up and waiting to post it.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by wintermarches]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Once your edit button disappears from the post you can't change anything in it. What you can do though is either click the quote or reply to button on the post you are wanting to correct and then put the correct information in as a response to the original post.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Above and to the right of the body of your first post on the original thread (just above the "New Thread" button that's next to the "Post Reply" button) is a "!Thread Alert" button in red text.
You can click that and request the staff-at-large to make the change.

Or, go to the Board page. At the bottom of the page is a list of all ATS members who are currently on site. The Mods' names are in bold. From that list you can choose an individual Mod to U2U and ask if he/she might take care of it for you.
(You can U2U the Mod of your choice by clicking on his/her name in the list of staff members just above and to the left of the bottom list.)

Hope that's clear.

Good luck.

Edited to improve readability, I hope.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks for all the ideas! I will probably go with the "Thread Alert" one.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wintermarches

at the bottom of the page you posted in there is a list of members who moderate that forum, you can pick any moderator you like.

You may have to high light the name to see what mods have that forum

top topics

join