It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geronimo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Geronimo

news.yahoo.com

HARTFORD, Conn. – Geronimo's descendants have sued Skull and Bones — the secret society at Yale University linked to presidents and other powerful figures — claiming that its members stole the remains of the legendary Apache leader decades ago and have kept them ever since.

The federal lawsuit filed in Washington on Tuesday — the 100th anniversary of Geronimo's death — also names the university and the federal government.

Geronimo's great-grandson Harlyn Geronimo said his family believes Skull and Bones members took some of the remains in 1918 from a burial plot in Fort Sill, Okla., to keep in its New Haven clubhouse, a crypt. The alleged graverobbing is a longstanding legend that gained some validity in recent years with the discovery of a letter from a club member that described the theft.

"I believe strongly from my heart that his spirit was never released," Harlyn Geronimo said.

Both Presidents Bush, Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry and many others in powerful government and industry positions are members of the society, which is not affiliated with the university.

After years of famously fighting the U.S. and Mexican armies, Geronimo and 35 warriors surrendered to Gen. Nelson A. Miles near the Arizona-New Mexico border in 1886. Geronimo was eventually sent to Fort Sill and died at the Army outpost of pneumonia in 1909.

According to lore, members of Skull and Bones — including former President George W. Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush — dug up his grave when a group of Army volunteers from Yale were stationed at the fort during World War I, taking his skull and some of his bones.

Harlyn Geronimo, 61, wants those remains and any held by the federal government turned over to the family so they can be reburied near the Indian leader's birthplace in southern New Mexico's Gila Wilderness.

Their lawsuit also names President Barack Obama, Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Army Secretary Pete Geren as defendants.

"I want them to understand we mean business," said Harlyn Geronimo, who lives in New Mexico. "We're very serious. We're tired of waiting and we're coming after them."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow this is big! They even have Obama as a defendant.... Look out Bush, everyone is coming to get you... and you little dog Toto too! Then we can expose all your little skull and bones friends. The revolution is coming so run for the hills and please take Chaney with you!

So what do you all think about this? I had never heard about any of this.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This has been brought up before when Bush was in office but the descendents of Geronimo's wasnt able to get an answer. Geronimo's skull was dugged up by George Bush's great grandfather (I believe) and is now used in the Skulls & Bones temple. I highly doubt they'll get this back.....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but this topic already previously exists in;

Secret Societies

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

Breaking Alt. News

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm now closing this thread as a duplicate.

top topics

join