It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crash of 2009 Is COMING To YOU!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seb118

well I do belive that the crises was planned and is well directed. they will take us to the maximum of what we can still eat (we will loose almost everything by than but still survive) and than they will give us a hope that we are getting over it. people won't riot with that hope in the mind for a change and beliving that they are alone with their fears and anger (it is a matter of PR and psychology- and this is the part the pentagon and others are really concentrated on for last decades).

people won't riot (unfortunatetly) but they give away they rights and freedom in exchange for some food and hope to get back their homes in some more unknown future.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sounds to me as though he was blaming Johnson's Great Society for the huge amount of borrowing?!?!?!?

Here is a graph of deficit spending by Presidential Administrations. Notice it does not move till Ronald Reagan not Lyndon Johnson.

Reagan wanted to bring down the 70% tax rate on his rich friends but he had to borrow to do it. Same holds true for the following Presidents including Clinton. However you will notice it was not nearly as bad as the last Republican Administrations. It is "voodoo economics" "trickle down" economics. The brainchild of Mr. Bubbles Alan Greenspan. Take a look and quit blaming poor people! Poor people didn't invent Credit default swaps or the Federal Reserve. That is why Glen Beck's piece is a lie! The fact he blames Johnson's Great Society!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Thinking the Unthinkable
www.fgmr.com...

André thinks the US government did, and still has, plenty to hide. He thinks that Ed Durrell was right and that most of the Gold is missing. Here is how André tells it.

In his view, Lyndon Johnson was absolutely the worst President that this country ever had the misfortune to elect. André believes that Johnson was a man with no scruples or conscience, and little sense of right or wrong. This disparaging view is similar to that portrayed in some of Johnson's less known biographies. To Johnson, power was the only truth. But as André explains, not only was Johnson despotic, he was stupid.

Although he can't prove it (and nobody can until a proper audit of the US Gold Reserve is once again completed), André believes that Johnson was the victim of his own megalomania and the dupe of some conniving people who were advising him at the time. To understand his argument, you have to appreciate and understand the circumstances prevailing in late 1967 and early 1968.

The Vietnam War had rapidly escalated, and the protests had already begun. Johnson's credibility was being questioned not only on foreign policy, but domestically as well. The US government's commitment to maintain the Gold Standard then in effect was suspect, and the Gold reserve had declined from 442 million ounces in December 1964 to 370 million ounces by November 1967 in response to the growing demand for redemptions at the $35 rate of exchange then in place. In short, the environment by the end of 1967 was fractious, and Johnson's grip on power was dwindling. Because power was his life, Johnson was forced to act.

something to think about...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
reply to post by seb118

well I do belive that the crises was planned and is well directed. they will take us to the maximum of what we can still eat (we will loose almost everything by than but still survive) and than they will give us a hope that we are getting over it. people won't riot with that hope in the mind for a change and beliving that they are alone with their fears and anger (it is a matter of PR and psychology- and this is the part the pentagon and others are really concentrated on for last decades).

people won't riot (unfortunatetly) but they give away they rights and freedom in exchange for some food and hope to get back their homes in some more unknown future.

People WILL riot when they have nothing left to loose. or when they realize that order is not maintained anymore. I agree it takes a certain level of crisis.
But I can accept the idea that with say , 30% unemployment rate, riots will emerge nationwide. I remember some riots took place in the US in the early 30s. They were harshly repressed.

As this crisis is way larger than the 1929 one, it is reasonable to expect very large riots. But now it s too early, way too early.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

Indeed, a crash of the value of currency may come in 2009. What is as likely to happen is hyper-inflation. Neither are very attractive for most of us.

One should not be surprised to see that we are running the printing presses night and day over at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. How else are we going to do the so called "bail-out". The US government has the ability to just print money at will, even though no additional wealth has been created. This is called fiat currency. Backed by nothing.

The "bail-out" is nothing more that a transfer of wealth from us to them...them being the bankers and elitist Bilderburger types who OWN this country. They have planned this "bail-out" for many years as a means to extract the wealth of this nation to themselves and do it in such a manner as to not have an all-out revolt of the good citizens on their hands. They have thus far had a brilliant success. Why? The citizens are frantic in their blaming the Democrats or the Republicans for the economic failure. Picking at a nat while swallowing a camel, so to speak. By the time most citizens figure it out we'll be a third-world financial basket-case.

There is no solution. Solution time is long past. Now we should be only considering how do we survive. No one said it better than the late George Carlin. Want to know about the true owners of this country? Check out this rant made just before he left us (caution: typical Carlin language is used):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Now why did you have to go and do that? Show how the 'tax cutting' republican administrations are the ones responsible for the beginning and probably end of the HUGE increase in borrowing from the FR? Don't bring out stats like this Leo. People don't want to see it.

It kills me when people come out and say how much Bush did or his father or even Reagan. They call Reagan the greatest president ever! Hmmm, I was a republican (well, still think of myself as one but not one of the new republicans that we have in politics now) and I loved Reagan and Bush sr. That was before I was able to think for myself and do my own research.

It's important to bring this stuff out. We may be facing a great crash to make the depression look like a small recession but I do believe we will be able to remake this country back into the image that the forefathers originally intended. Here's to that hope.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Sounds like you actually saw this earlier post I made...brilliant huh?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
CNBC is saying SEC has known about some of the ponzi/fraud cases for 10-15 Yrs...FBI has hundreds of back logged cases since madeoff broke...just the tip of the iceberg...

reporter smiles and says thank you...next up...what a load of crap!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Sounds like you actually saw this earlier post I made...brilliant huh?

I didn't see it before...but I couldn"t agree more. You see the posts here blaming this Dems. or that Reps. or someone else, all-the-while the owners a gleefully raking in our wealth.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Wonder if someone has a Thread based on that Credio?
If not someone should start one..it's the most telling/damming thing most have never heard of...

Yep...thought so...

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
CNBC is saying SEC has known about some of the ponzi/fraud cases for 10-15 Yrs...FBI has hundreds of back logged cases since madeoff broke...just the tip of the iceberg...

reporter smiles and says thank you...next up...what a load of crap!!!

Right! The biggest ponzi fraud out there is the Federal Reserve. Central bankers can get by with it though!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
DJIA down 75 now...let's see

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
I think staying positive right now is like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, realizing it is a TRAIN, and hoping it won't hit you...HOPE ain't getting nothing done!
I'm amazed that some people actually don't see anything wrong, others do, and are relying on GOVERNMENT to protect them or to make it all better.
I truly hope for the best here...but I'm not delusional either. This thing IS like a train and it will run you over if you aren't ready. Our collective positive thinking will not stop it, its downhill without the brakes now.
My prediction is that by Friday of this week, more fuel to this train...watch the sucker's rally in tomorrow's market in the morning, followed by the afternoon frenzy, and subsequent plummet. Say goodbye to 7548, we are going to be setting a new low. Market closes at 7200-7300 tomorrow, 7000 possible by Friday, if not LOWER.
You want POSITIVE???
You POSITIVELY better prepare you and your families for what is coming...What a shame if you are privy to all the warnings on sites like ATS, and do nothing, HOPING for the best. Just my two cents, and that's all I can afford right now.

Hate to quote myself, but here comes that plummet I predicted yesterday.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Can anyone say Bank Holiday?
this is getting more messy by the hour...

Financial Shorts Trends: Risk for Regionals, Citi and BofA?
www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
At this moment the big wave is only in the stocks and the media. Then it will hit your own shore, meaning your personal life: family, friends, neighbours. Your whole perspective on that a working life is will be turned up side down.

This will take a few months. Maybe one or two.
People can live through recession, and a state structure can withhold up to 25 or even 30% unemployment. Spain did beautifully with 20% unemployment for many years.

Beyond this limit, it will the American Society hit by the wave. You ll see chaos, and new order coming out. Just like Germany.

People remain honest as long as they can afford to.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Now why did you have to go and do that? Show how the 'tax cutting' republican administrations are the ones responsible for the beginning and probably end of the HUGE increase in borrowing from the FR? Don't bring out stats like this Leo. People don't want to see it.

As much as I hate to burst your bubble of self-vindicating blame that casually tosses all the guilt across the party line, you'll notice that the floodgates of deficit spending opened toward the end of Clinton's administration. No doubt that was about the time he repealed the Glass-Steagal Act, or maybe when he started allowing banks the freedom to give loans out to people who could never repay them.

Anyway, I'm not saying Republicans are exempt from guilt, here. But a lot of the momentum in that curve was picked up during Clinton's administration.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
Anyway, I'm not saying Republicans are exempt from guilt, here. But a lot of the momentum in that curve was picked up during Clinton's administration.

I think the burst comes rather from the banks themselves ( and their owners) independently who sits where in the political circus.

Banks have managed in 1997 to delink totally the creation of money through loan and the necessary coverage for part or whole of this loan by creating the CDS. The creator is JP Morgan Bank by the way. CDS level rose to the famous 62 trillions dollars in 2008.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

Glenn Beck says "This has never been done by anyone ever before."

Hyper inflation has happened numerous times throughout history. Zimbabwe is having hyperinflation right now.

Further, he fails to publish the amount of DEBT in the fractional reserve system, on his graph. That is why the great depression does not make sense on his graph.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
I also want to point out that he didnt mention a solution. When you put a topic like this up without giving a solution, your aiming to simply spread panic. This being Fox News (the bad guy), we should all try and find the underlining meaning of why they are trying to create this panic.

The "solution" is: Get ready, because the **** is about to hit the fan.

There is no solution when you're on a train which is about to crash and is going too fast to stop.
Sorry... there is no solution at this point because the dominoes are already falling. This needs to be "purged" naturally from the system, and a lot of people aren't going to like that.

I don't think it will be a total collapse, but things will get pretty bad.
Then maybe the Americans who have been acting as though we have been eating out of trashcans for the "past 8 years" will see how truly spoiled we are as a country and how bad things can really get.

Originally posted by Odessy
I really wish it wasnt Fox that did this.

Why does it matter? The facts are there.
Nothing is completely 'good' or completely 'evil'. Take the information that you can from any source, if it is accurate, and don't worry about the messenger.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The economic crisis is real, it's scary and it's something we should worry about.

But really, when did everyone become so fond of the Media? Especially Fox News or CNN.

When did we begin to Trust the news outlets of America and their exploitation habits of winning ratings? It just seems to me that this is a huge competition of having the most horrifying headline....

Oh well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join