Too soon to talk about the 2009 MLB season? Heck No!

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
MLB season is but six weeks away and it's about time we start a yakkin' and a smackin baseball.

Actual baseball, not the daily steroid talk that's quite frankly, boring me to death.

So my Mets *sigh* seem to have addressed their second biggest weakness by reloading their bullpen. Their biggest weakness being a lack of toughness and heart, is not as easily remedied. Hopefully with the new mix of players they will have the right character not to lie down like the French infantry and once more tear my heart out this year.

So tell us, who's your team, what have they done in the offseason to improve themselves, or what have they not done that angers you so? Who would you like them to get, what players do you thing are going to go up/down this year, which teams will make the playoffs?

You know, good ol' fashioned pre-season baseball and hot-stove smack talk and analysis.

Oh and ...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Great time to be a Yankee fan. Have this whole A-Rod thing, and can't even afford tickets to go chant "Steroid" at him.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Well it seems a yearly thing with the Yankees. Come spring training someone is outed for roid use.

But what do you think of their off season acquisitions and chances for this year?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not so sure.

I think they should keep Joba in the bullpen for the entire season this year, because I don't know if Rivera can have another season like he did last year.

What I think they really need is a catcher. Jorge is shot and Molina still has the skill of a backup catcher.

Hopefully Wang doesn't hurt himself running the bases again.
Pitching looks good this year if these young guys can get good starts.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A couple pre-season games on ESPN and the YES Network. Not that into watching them, but there's not much on at this time of day.

Robinson Cano, my favorite current player, just made a great play.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Me and my 18 yr old son are going to visit my oldest son in Az where the spring training facilitys are,and as far as 2009 goes the Yankees and Mets will prove that no matter how much you spend you can't buy a team,go Dodgers

new topics
top topics

join