It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Moon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did say in my post, that a GPR system in space looking at the moon would not be looking through ice or atmosphere or dirt or permafrost. The results would be probably better than that expected on Mars looking at the polar caps because there are no ice caps on the Moon, much less the amount of ice anywhere on the moon as there is on Mars.

If the GPR can see up to 1km on Mars through permafrost ice and dirt and rock, then it certianly can see something below the surface of the moon.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 19-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The paper you reference is talking about 1km of snow, not rock.

Radio waves do not penetrate far through soils, rocks and most man-made materials such as concrete. The loss of radio reception or cell phone connection while driving a car through a tunnel or into an underground parking garage attests to this.

www.georentals.co.uk...

There is a useful comparison chart on the page showing relative penetration in various materials. Ice and snow provide better penetration than rock.

Found another source which puts the max above my estimate. It also says there is a lot of speculation involved.

Using this minimal detectable signal level, this model would show a maximum penetration depth of about 400 meters.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
"The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency(JAXA) launched "KAGUYA (SELENE)" by the H-IIA Launch Vehicle at 10:31:01 a.m. on September 14, 2007 (JST) from Tanegashima Space Center. The major objectives of the "KAGUYA" mission are to obtain scientific data of the lunar origin and evolution and to develop the technology for the future lunar exploration. "KAGUYA" consists of a main orbiting satellite at about 100km altitude and two small satellites (Relay Satellite and VRAD Satellite) in polar orbit. The orbiters will carry instruments for scientific investigation of the Moon, on the Moon, and from the Moon."

Check out the JAXA/Kauyga LRS:Lunar Radar Sounder results. I am a bit disappointed in JAXA, not many hi-def videos or photos are being released to the public, the Kaguya/Selene project was initiated fall 2007, almost 1.5 years ago.

"The LRS sounder mode will measure the lunar subsurface structures down to a few kilometers in depth with the HF (5 MHz) radar instrument utilizing digital technology".

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

Rgrds,

(Yes, JAXA and NASA are working together on this one, all data is relayed to NASA servers -- for screening and editing ;-))

[edit on 2009/2/19 by reugen]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This has been around for quite some time.
I would like to hear from the men who were there when the "ringing" happened.
Their are to many things that point to the moon being non-natural.
As well as many reports of ufo's watching the landings.
And as warnings not to go back.
It will be nice to see private or corporate space travelers take more advantage of their means. So that we can really find out if the government is hiding something.
But you know as soon as someone utilizes the technolodgy. The government will make up some new regulations to prevent anyone from using it.
I think that most people feel like their are things we are not being told.
And that their are enough people on ats, with the knowledge and ability to prove it.
But the way the government is. Means that they will still deny it.
Even if it means global unity.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by only onus

Did you read the above post about the JAXA/Selene ? No comments about what they have accomplished so far, or is that agency being ignored by the ATS/UFO community ? John Lear once said the photographs taken with the Selene HD camera was fake, strange.

[edit on 2009/2/19 by reugen]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Like I said. The main thing to weed out is if the government would be honest about the findings. Or just tell us what they wanted us to know.
I dont think that their is anybody who can say that the government has been totally open and honest about everything they have told us.
Expecally about the things in space.
And that they will miss-inform us just to keep "mass panic" form happining.
Or the collapse of religion.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Oh my. What an obvious place to look for good information.
Thanks a lot for setting me straight!
RFburns, you had it right.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join